Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Being an otaku, waste of youth? - Minitokyo

Being an otaku, waste of youth?

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

I agree, if one does not do them when young, then when? When we are 60+, I don't think so. Although considering that 50+ year old Japanese men and women play with Dollfies, then maybe the thought is not that far off. My mother always tells me not to waste my time (aka: life) with reading manga, and watching anime and j-dramas/k-dramas, but I still do it, rather than my HW. So in a way she is right, I'm throwing away my opportunity of getting an A in an AP class because I want to finish this manga or drama, which in the long run it will only lead me to attain a lower GPA, therefore my chances of getting into an Ivy League college will become almost inexistent. So, yes, being an otaku is quite a waste of one's youth...but then agian, it's too much fun! lol ^-^

Akamichi

Akamichi

Kaizoku-ou ni naru otoko da !!

no, absolutely no...
cuz I think this is interesting hobby.. and I like this hobby XD

Not a waste. I have a child-heart, and I stick to what i love.

Marked by the outsider.Signature Image

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

Yes, it's a waste. Quite sad actually.

dfdfgsdfgsdgf

I think being an otaku is not a waste

as long as you keep your social life good

but most girls I know don't like otakus, maybe because of those "2D girls loving" and such

As long as you don't become a complete hikkikomori.

asdfasdgasdg

I think young people should go outside and experience the world.

no actually.
I enjoy my life as an otaku.
It's okay if some people love watching anime but don't be so maniac to it.

i like being an otaku.

It's really a matter of how one thinks 'cause it's their lives.
I don't regret being an otaku.
I enjoyed myself and am still enjoying.

....but I should really start studying.... :D

its not wasteful. its a way of life.

You're young, it's your life and you only have one so just do what you want, why waste it on stuff that you don't like, after all life is short so you should make the best of it and spend it doing things you like.

I'd say yes. When you're an otaku, it means things are getting a little too serious.

pssh! OOf course not! as long as you still go outside...occasionally...

YES! i see my sister spending all her time idoling others and not spending time on herself

HeartlessArteries

HeartlessArteries

LIFE IS A PLAYGROUND

OTAKU = NO LIFE OR VARIETY IN LIFE!

Loving a verity of things since 1990.
[+?+?+?+?+]

stargem

stargem

ive probably spent most of my teenage years with games and manga, i probably should do more outside
but i would like to thkn that it isnt a total waste, it would be nice if i can do this now though and not be super awkward
when im older and then try to do this stuff

anime-fans-united

i still read a lot of manga but i don't overdo it

maybe a little, but if you keep your friends and life routine, it's okay.

i agree with maddock

i don't know...

its not a waste is a way of having fun

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 169 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.