Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I HATE WANABE ANIME FANS!!! - Minitokyo

I HATE WANABE ANIME FANS!!!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

DJ-of-E

Le

I some times take charge in the anime club meetings/viewings in the CSULB Anime Club, the problem is that half the members (40 out of 72) I have to deal with are the type of stupid people that

a) prefers domestic anime over new anime from Japan

b) narutards

Just last Thursday, they kept bugging me about episode 79, I was like, no, we showed 78 already and lie about not having 79. Then they have the nerve to tell me I suck when it comes to downloading fansubs. Then we have this huge argument on "Why I think Naruto sucks" and "You think you could do better? Asking your otaku friend doesn't count."

Here's the thing...I tried showing "Bakuretsu Tenshi", "Midori no Hibi", "Maburaho", and EVEN "Tenjou Tenge", but they don't want to bother watching them. Next thing you know, they want sometihng called a "MOB RULE" and brought their DVDs. You know what happen? We watched old shit like "Fruits Basket" and "Shinesman".....ON DUB... =_=

We're losing our dedicated anime otakus over these low rated anime fans. I'd rather keep 30 truly deserved members than the rest of the 42 crap fans, but it's not up for me to decide since I'm not the President of the Club. Just the Event Organizer.

I just like to know how to INCREASE the amount of people for the membership at the same time show NEW ANIME instead of this old crap or US Licensed stuff I dun want to see again.

Vequinox

Vequinox

Funkalicious

Well, I suppose the question is, how are you advertising the club? If the wording on your posters/flyers is "We show anime!", then maybe one idea would be to change it to more specific wording:
"Come watch the best new anime Japan has to offer!"
You won't be able to avoid annoying members (every club has them), but maybe the club would attract a couple more members interested in seeing what was advertised.

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Yea thats gotta be terrible if they only want to watch old things, can't they watch them on there own time? New stuff is cool. And yea I agree with V. Equinox on how to advertise it more with a focus.

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

Nothing wrong with fruitsbasket, except of course in your case where you
have seen it million times by now. But I can understand where you are
coming from. In holland wannabe Animefans are in large numbers.
It just goes a tad worse, because all they get to see is pokemon and dragonballZ.
They would be lucky to see fruitsbasket, instead they collect only dragonballz
and then say they know so much about Anime without doing some research.
Of course, Anime can be for everyone, noone should be restricted to watch them,
But What you are having is a classic form of closed minds against open minded anime fans.
And WATCHING STUFF ON DUB SUCKS! lol
Dubs havent been good since 1987.

Okay, heres an idea why not hold marathons :) with an Anime you want
to show. Like do a week of Tenjo Tenge or something. Make it a "must see
first before anything else gets puts on" rule.. .

And whatthehell. Your in charge dude! Tell them where its at!
If they dont like youre rules they can push off, lol

melonchen

melonchen

cecil

well i guess ur right, but on the other hand those stupid bastards are all over the world... like here in germany too... if u are one that only watch sub animes then ur a looser cause probably u cant buy that new cool dubbend gayblade or yu gi oh dvd... so its better to watch something dubbed or old licensed stuff cause u dont have to read the subtitle... and thats why i call them retard bitches XD

so its normal that someone have to deal with them on the other hand i hate the word otaku XD gomen but thats the worst word i ever heard....

could be worse... could be full of inuyasha freaks or DBZ and pokemon weaklings =P

and that is messed up how they said you suck at dl'ing fansubs, if they don't it tell them to dl it themselves

anyways atleast you have a club in your area where you can get together with people that like anime. I wish i found a place in denver that had a good anime club, *sigh*

Argonian

Argonian

Dark Minion

ahahaha...oh god! Is easy to solve it:Gather a lot of those hated persons and KABOOM! Bomb them all.Well,anyway,I never mixed with people to watch anime.I just watch alone.
Next time people say "where is episode 79" just say: is there come here(KABOOM!)

Dont be fooled by the money power. Weapons are the true power.
All shall come to our Lord Dagoth Ur and greet him as flesh or as ash.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Hey, Shinesman is better dubbed (the jokes are better.)
Do you have a "we can't show licensed anime" policy? Looks like you're showing newest and latest series from Japan which aren't licensed. That'd stop any DVD showings. (This is the policy at UCLA's club, but that's because we've had some stupid whistleblowers and are trying to maintain good relations with the various companies.)
Or like V.Equinox said, emphasize/publicize the fact you're watching new stuff, not old stuff. Every meeting if necessary.

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

im goin to yer club and demand NGE!

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

God damnit E, shut the fuck up man. This is discrimination-- maybe to the farthest extent, but it is. We ALL started out this way, so just... shut up.

Maybe you should go read the god damn rules "Do not hate
Respect other people's opinions wether you disagree or not. If you disagree, say so - in a nice way - do not offend them. See also the rule about flaming. "

CLOSED.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.