Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why does my PC keep turning off & how do I fix it? - Minitokyo

Why does my PC keep turning off & how do I fix it?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

My PC keeps turning off w/o warning during in the middle of the following:

- Playing Left for Dead or DOTA
- Rending in Adobe Premier, Adobe After Effects, & Maya
- When I do disk cleanup
- Watching Live Streaming sites like Freshverse
- Rare occasion of using Real Player

Here are my PC specs...

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3100+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024mb RAM
Video Card: Radeon X1650 Series

5D's Caption: Vol.1

zaira

zaira

call me tuna!

M...maybe there is something wrong on your OS or maybe one of your hard drives are kinda full..
did ya try to reformat your computer? but reformatting your computer makes all your personal files erased/deleted. If you do that try make a back-up files on a CD or flash drive.
another possbility of a couse is maybe there are some kind of virus that makes your computer automatically shutting down when operating on of your listed applications, maybe those applications are effected by that virus, try scanning them with your anti-virus program, if it does contain try to removed it, if can't i should say try to reinstall that application.
If none of my suggestions are not working/ you already done that, maybe you should ask a computer repair man to fix your computer dood. Anyway i hope your computer get fixed asap :D good luck! ;)

Signature
soul-eater-shibusen sword-shana-lily tsubasa clampfans

I think it's the video card because the most problems occure when you are using the video card a lot.
I have the same problem with my computer. In summer it's simply turning off when my video card gets to hot. Has your video card a fan? Perhaps it is full of dust and need to be cleaned. If the fan makes annoying sounds then it could be broken.
I had the same problem before. My computer is five years old and has allready its third video card...
Never buy a minitower. :(

How old is your computer? My two immediate thoughts about a computer just turning off are that either its simply getting old and needs replacing, or it's overheating. And if it's just overheating, then either the computer is being left on for too long for too often, or the fan isn't working properly.

SaitoHajime101

SaitoHajime101

Nightcrawler

one of two things:

1) As Zoamel said, could be the video card. Seems the more likely. You can test it by getting another video card and insert the new one in and take out the old one, see if problems persist.

2) Your processor could be overheating. This I think is the problem only because when rendering and converting videos or even playing videos on processors not suited to run those videos can overheat very quickly. For example, I run a 3.2 ghz p4 processor, yet I can't play 1080p HD videos on my computer or I will overheat my system.

My processor is 2 times faster than yours, which means alot considering the fact. So I would put my money on you overheating your processor vs your graphics card.

Time for an upgrade dude.

Signature Image"Never met person who can outsmart bullet... HAH HAH HAH!" ~ Heavy (TF2)

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Quote by SaitoHajime101one of two things:

1) As Zoamel said, could be the video card. Seems the more likely. You can test it by getting another video card and insert the new one in and take out the old one, see if problems persist.

2) Your processor could be overheating. This I think is the problem only because when rendering and converting videos or even playing videos on processors not suited to run those videos can overheat very quickly. For example, I run a 3.2 ghz p4 processor, yet I can't play 1080p HD videos on my computer or I will overheat my system.

My processor is 2 times faster than yours, which means alot considering the fact. So I would put my money on you overheating your processor vs your graphics card.

Time for an upgrade dude.

I upgraded my video card 4 months ago so it could be overheating or the processor is burned out...

5D's Caption: Vol.1

TheFlea

TheFlea

Theres too many of them!

This sounds like an overheating problem.

Why save the world when you can have just as much fun destroying it?

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Probably is your processor check this two points:

you need to check the cooling system maybe the fanspeed is very low

the other point : your processor don

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

mick-klaassen

mick-klaassen

boredom is imminent to strike

there are buttons on the backside of youre computer switch the black one if you chose the red one you wont be happy
http://www.kontich.be/brandweer/flashover_backdraft_bleve/BLEVE.jpg
that will happen

why?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.