Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 why do they always have to die! - Minitokyo

why do they always have to die!

page 1 of 1 23 total items

have you ever been really angry when the main characters in an anime/ manga die at the end?
i know i have! it really makes me angry how everyone always is dying at the end hahaha

I hate that! I puts a huge twist in the story and then I hate the author for making them die. I love protagonists...:((

Maybe the authors should start making the protagonists immortal...:P

You mean like the Monkey King in Forbidden Kingdom?

hope917

hope917

lifeisabeautifulsong

haha i suggest you watch one piece then. whatever situation they're in, the main guys NEVER die. =) i love it!

Music.

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

Well, if it is totally rational and actually makes sense, I really don't mind them dying. Sometimes, I hope for the main character to die at the end.
Recently, however, I think this plot device is being wayyyy overused, making it banal and predictable, so I don't like it as much as I did before...

If you hate people dying so much, might I suggest Baccano? Pretty much everyone's immortal in there, so no dying. xD

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't hate it, that's what sells me to an anime, more deaths, more sadness...I tend to buy those

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I don't really get angry, i feel more sad and wished it wasn't the main character.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

sometimes I do but not all the time most of time Iam disappointed it happened and sad.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Dragon Ball (?) main char die and its revives XD
One Piece main gets hurt like hes going to die but never dies... and its so funny

Hit fast, hit hard and never look back.

yea, it gets really annoying..
like Saber from Fate/Stay Night or Misuzu from Air
Almost made me cry....

I don't get angy i guess it make me more sad than that T_T

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

it's just sad T.T
but i like that kind of story ^_^

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

Depends if I actually like the character.
I almost cried when Lelouch died at the end of the series. I wish he lived T_T

Yes! when that happens i get so angry and sad! I don't like when the main characters die! :(

merged: 04-19-2009 ~ 10:24pm
Yes! when that happens i get so angry and sad! I don't like when the main characters die! :(

samu02

Back to Basics

Well I guess I can't hate it when they die happy...
Does that make sense?

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

ninnadark

ninnadark

How far you'll go?

I Hate that, the best always dead, this a suck, i hate it so mutch,
I feel angry!

Signature
Do not be frightened of death; it is life that causes pain. The pain is an introduction for what is the life.
.::DarK Leaf::. member

I have mixed feelings about it. While I am sad when a character dies, that feeling of loss is one of the things that makes an anime good.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

I absolutely agree with Shidonachi.:)

if anyone has the patience for academic writing, reading Frank Kermode's 'The Sense of an Ending' might help to put this in perspective. The end defines the meaning of the beginning and the middle. A memorable death sticks in the mind and makes you feel the sting of mortality (in contrast to whatever other superhuman qualities the dead character may possess)!

That said... ARGH I HATE IT TOO ALTHOUGH I KNOW IT HAS TO HAPPEN. Although it's even worse when characters Come Back From The Dead -- it simply cheapens the earlier pathos into fakery. I suppose I'm just a sucker for happy endings played straight.

that's really annoying sometimes -_-"

Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~miawwwwwwwww??????~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I'd say my usual pattern for that - cry if I really love the character, then get angry, and finally think about it and realize that it was the best outcome.

However, most of the time I dislike main characters or have a neutral feeling toward them, so I don't get as sad or angry. Now, when one of the side characters die, who is my favorite, I throw a fit, lawl~ xD

I am a vessel wrought with strife and regret, but I will not fear.

Sanchu

Sanchu

Waiting is a Talent

XD I feel so cruel, cuz I'm the type of person that think it's a beautiful succession to the story XD

Signature
If you can't understand my delicate stupidity, how can you understand my hardcore Insanity?

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

Mostly seeing heroine and heroes on the story could be painful and sad. But annoying sometimes. Like the death of Optimus Prime in Transformers the Movie since I was a kid.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.