Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lantis & Sunrise Demand Removal of Anime Screen Caps - Minitokyo

Lantis & Sunrise Demand Removal of Anime Screen Caps

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

this is title of article I found... scary, here' the link

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/29/lantis-sunrise-demand-removal-of-anime-screen-caps/

if someone is lazy following here's Sunrise warning:

Quote: Regarding the use of images of Sunrise products on the Internet:

On the Internet, even when not for commercial gain, or on a personal homepage, you may not use them.

We receive enquiries about permission such as “It’s not for profit” or “It’s a personal homepage”; even in these cases you can’t use them. On the Internet, even personal use constitutes “reproduction and distribution”, thus you cannot use any such images.

Regarding pictures or writing made yourself:

Even with pictures or writing made yourself, when incorporating Sunrise products they must not be distributed on the Internet.

Exceptions:

On our ISP we offer 5mb user homepages, wherein you may publish what you have made yourself.

and Lantis Corporation:

Quote: Dear (Redacted) Site Administrator,

This is Lantis Corporation.

We invest in the production committees of, and protect the IP of, the anime titles “Akikan”, “Asu no Yoichi”, “Sora o Miageru Shoujo” and “Kurokami”.

We have discovered that you appear to be using parts of our works on your site. We would like to request that you delete these parts, as soon as you have read this.

We do not permit any unauthorised images of our shows, of the characters or otherwise, in whole or in part, and expressly forbid the publication of such.

Regardless of whether the infringement is for profit or not for profit, it constitutes violation of our copyrights under Clause 1, Paragraph 23 of the Copyright Act.

Please be warned that should you not delete the infringing material we will be taking legal action against you.

long story short no fanarts, no fanfictions, no screecaps, no doujinshi on the internet.

can anyone tell me, does wallpaper count as well? would MT or AP have to delete all wallpaper section since they are fanmade wallpapers not official, would MT have to delete all doujinshi Sunrise section? would they sue ff.net and DA?

Signature

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

3 words: What. The. F--k?!

JC Staff and the other companies are not like that. Way to go, Lantis and Sunrise... you've really shot yourselves in the foot. Seriously, why do this to the anime fanbase/fandom? >=(

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Well, that's just stupid.... don't they know that they'd be losing a LOT of revenue if they were to enforce that?! Esp the fanworks stuff.. don't they know that people make fanwork because they like the series/characters?!

I like what Yamakan said in that article:

"If your works are that precious to you, why don’t you stop broadcasting them on TV and selling the DVDs, and just exhibit them in an art gallery?"

Good job Sunrise and Lantis, good job.

ItakoLina

ItakoLina

{No Rain cant get the Rainbow}

OMG WHAT IS THAT? ;__; THEY CANT DO THAT TO ME

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

I agree with Maple...fanworks are our way of expressing our love for a series or its characters, and even helps other people become interested in those series. I just don't really understand why they want this.

Signature

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.