Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Contest: Wake Up, People! - Minitokyo

Contest: Wake Up, People!

Group announcement by Depths-of-Sound

page 1 of 1 5 total items

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Okay my amigos and amigas, I think it's safe to say that we need some energy.

It’s about time we have a contest, wouldn’t you agree? DoS shall be collaborating with Celestial-Luminesse on this one, folks. This contest is called "Wake Up, People!" and it's all about makin' vectors and wallpapers based on our favorite "wake up" drinks – coffee, tea, energy drink like Red Bull and Monster, as well as those delicious Jamba Juices with the optional energy boosts.

Need some helpful guidelines?

- Submissions must be vectors or wallpapers.
- No more than 3 submissions per person.
- Collabs are allowed.

The requirements:

- Stick with the color scheme of your chosen beverage.
- Must have a music tie-in.
- Follow the MT guidelines. (Yes, I have to say that by Law…)

Okay, for example, I’ll go ahead and choose a Bleach scan (for some reason...), vector it in black and lime green (can anyone say "Monster Energy Drink"?), and call it "Rush Hour Soul" after the Soulwax song.

Or, I take a scan of Random Anime Guy Listening To Headphones, vector it in fruity colors (as a Jamba Juice tribute), paint a background that looks a lot like my local Jamba Juice (wait, I can’t paint bgs...), and name it after some song. Viola! Finished. So yes, music and/or your beverage of choice imagery is 100% allowed. Okay, I think ya get the idea.

When submitting your stuff in the guestbook, make sure to note that it is a contest entry, so we can add it to the list of entries. If you're not a member of Celestial-Luminesse, go and join. It’s not a contest requirement, but it’s a nice group. And no, I was not set up to advertise CL. Stop looking at me like that.

For prizes, we’re gonna make badass, non-lame banners for your userpage. They’re gonna rock so much that all your friends will want one. I’m so full of my self.

Deadline is March 31st, which should give y'all enough time, seeing how it includes spring break for a lot of you.

If ya have any questions, go bug someone else. I kid, of course. SO ASK ME PWEASE.

merged: 02-05-2009 ~ 02:31am
Shit, I just noticed that I messed up with the contest's title >_>

FORGIVE ME, INTERNET GODS.

Sweet! D-o-S's first contest!
"paint a background that looks a lot like my local Jamba Juice (wait, I can’t paint bgs...)"
Wait, so can or can't we paint a bg? because... well... that's pretty much all I know how to do.
I'm liking this very much. <3

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

@____@
i'll see if i can come up with something....
music AND drink >.<

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Yeah, painting is allowed, Tofu. I was just stating that I can't paint worth shit. XD

Haha, I figured as much, but just in case. XD
Anyways... This is one of the more entertaining announcements I've read in a long while. <3
Yaaay.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.