Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Adobe or Corel? - Minitokyo

Adobe or Corel?

Which graphics software do you prefer?

Adobe
19 votes
Corel
7 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Kritty

Tagger, Scanner

Kritty

[ S H O C K A D E L I C A ]

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics software, but I'm torn between Adobe CS4 or Corel graphics suite.
I've never actually used Corel, but it looks awesome.

So I'd like your opinions n_n
Which one should I choose, and why?

Much thanks.

tag-licious
Help keep MT organized <3
I'll give you cookies :3

Lunariha

Lunariha

Glitter~♥

Adobe for me :)

Signature
My Latest Artworks: Just Realized and My #7

Adobe is better ~
easy to use

lllXpoHolll

I am russian!

IMHO Adobe is better!

Personally, Adobe all the way! XD (or rather, Photoshop all the way, the rest of the suite I use free alternatives, but Ps definitely is the most awesome thing ever. XD)

Though I think Photoshop by itself is plenty, save some money and stuff, unless you want Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, Bridge, InDesign etc... CS4 is fully integrated so it's very unified which makes for a less steep learning curve once you learn one of them, but it also eats up more resources and saves larger files than the Corel counterparts, not to mention being more expensive.

Though, the only thing that looks worth the money from Corel in comparison to Adobe is Painter and maybe CorelDraw (but the latter seems to be rather similar to Inkscape, which is free) I also heard that while x3 is good, x4 is very buggy. Supposedly it's more intuitive though now that Adobe has somewhat of a monopoly it may not be true anymore.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

I've never used any of the corel stuff, I've used photoshop for a while time though (a few of years). Painter is a good program for a more natural painting style from what i've heard/read/etc. While photoshop is more of a general program for everything and it was originally designed for photo-manipulation, graphic styles and such; and as such has that feel. Painter is more like a program for people who want to paint more than manipulate.

If your going to do use the program for original works either one would be great. If your going to be making wallpapers and such then I'd suggest photoshop. (Illustrator would be good to have too if you want to make vector graphics, although less intuitive photoshop can make vectors too).

A moment bound in eternity.

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

Adobe...although corel helps a lot when you're in the publishing business (less pixelized images when you import them to softwares like the pagemaker or something)...

So why go adobe? It's easier to use.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

OpenCanvas~?
Can record ur history and replay.
Nice color tone mixing and blending.
Photoshop more to photo-editing;
InDesign more to typo design;
Illustrator more to banner design....
Corel~forgot...long time ago when I last used it XD

奥村雪男 :
『今からで。。。僕はお父さんの代わりに弟​を保護します。』
『これは笑っするものではありません!』

ImyImy

ImyImy

Wake me when you need me...

Adobe cause when you save something in corel, the picture is like... not neat! ><

Imy-kun I am! :P

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Corel is the only way....

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

if you have thick purse, just go to adobe cs4 :)

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Adobe for me.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

quantabiru

quantabiru

Asahina Hikaru desu~!

I'm different... I pick COREL GRAPHICS SUITE... ehehe ;)

~kitto dekiru~

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Wow, I had no idea that Corel was still around. I remember thinking Corel draw was mindbogglingly complex back in elementary school, but haven't head anything about it in so long I figured it had to be defunct.

Signature Image

Kritty

Tagger, Scanner

Kritty

[ S H O C K A D E L I C A ]

Well I did end up getting Corel Painter, which is great.
And I'm going to get cs3 soon from my uncle just for PS and Illustrator.

Even though I use SAI the most out of all of them XD

I think maybe I'm just sowtware obssesed

tag-licious
Help keep MT organized <3
I'll give you cookies :3

They're both too expansive :)
But if I've to decide no doubt: Adobe.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.