Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 3dsmax Abstracts - Minitokyo

3dsmax Abstracts

page 1 of 1 11 total items

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

I've seen all the tutorial sites. Not good enough. You know those spiffy abstract 3dsmax spiky things? Yeah. I wanna know how to make those. ^^ If you know a site, or you can show me how yourself, please let me know. Thanks!

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

I think they're just objects being turned into editable polies (with lots of verticies), and then using soft seletction, they've had a verticy moved away from the original object (draging close verts with it). Then a ray-trace map is applied to make it glow. Add a few particles and it's done.

I think that's how they've done it.... not to sure though because I haven't yet (too busy ^_^' )

i second this request actually, ive wanted to know how to do them for some time now

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

Mmm.. you can do similar effects using photoshop...

here are the detailed steps...
- make a black bg
- make a colored circle in the middle.. about 1/6 height and width of the page
- go to filters -> stylize -> extrude, and crank the parameters to the max

might not be the spikes you wanted, but that rather gives a hunch of the idea...

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

It's all about distorting that damn tea-cup! XD

It's really just fooking around with some shapes... nothing special... the harder part is making it look good in Photoshop. :)

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

ah! i've been a busy beaver looking for tuts about that a year ago! heh but didn't see anything..i might try what korganoS and ritalin said XD...that teacup! lol

Signature Image

..... could have ask me, pftt @ u now, XD

Myke

Myke

Upstract

Do you have some specific example?
I'd like to see what kind of abstract shapes you mean.

BTW; have you already seen shiver7.com? There are some great Tutorials on abstraction ( not much about 3DSmax though) but it really gives you a general feeling for that kind of stuff.

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

yes please! I've wantedto know how to do this for a looooong time!!!

Signature

boogybro

boogybro

Doing the happy dance.

Abstract in 3dsmax is hard...very hard...

http://www.deviantart.com has some tuts there some where, but evn then they aint as good as abtract shapes in cinema 4d.

Signature

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

THAT goddamn teapot XD no really the only way to make that teapot look abstract is to fiddle with some modifier nstuff >_< but im more than glad if DJ Oriental would give us some tips ^_~

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.