Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Better wallpaper search - Minitokyo

Better wallpaper search

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Hi,

I've been using Minitokyo for a while and realised that the search function isn't too great. We should add an advanced search where people can search wallpapers by size (eg. I wanted to search by 1920x1200 because my pc uses that size) and category etc. I think that would make looking through the hundreds of pages of wallpapers a bit easier for people.

If there's already a way to do this and I just don't know about it, please let me know. Thanks!

Akika

FuturePerfect

FuturePerfect

The Pretender

/Agreed

A search to limit size of an image would be nice. I hate it when i find an image that i love to bits, and then cant use it because its something like 1500 pixels too small >__>

You're so right. This is just one of several slightly odd quirks about Minitokyo that I think they'll get around to fixing at some point.

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

There sort of is a filter for the sizes. If you go to a gallery item page, under "Resolution:", you'll see a link with the resolution of the image with it, for example "1,920x1,200"

If you click on that, you'll then see all images on MT where the height is 1200 px. If you click on the "Wallpaper" tab, you'll then see all wallpapers with the height 1200px. However, this will include both 1920x1200 and 1600x1200 wallpapers. Maybe one day we could do search by width and height as well. But for now, the info beside the thumbnails tell you the resolution, so you can choose widescreen vs not widescreen.

Also, you can browse specific categories, or someone's gallery, with images at a specific height. All you need to do is add

Quote: ?y=1200

to the end of the URL address. [where you can replace "1200" with your desired height, like "960" if you're looking for 1280x960 images for example]

FuturePerfect

FuturePerfect

The Pretender

I guess that's okay.
But i wouldn't mind the a "y=1920&x=1080" where images that are 1920x1080 or bigger,
because i find that bigger images also make great backgrounds :)

Personally i dont think many people work to the sizes i have for a resolution, 16:10 is rather ... wide.

y=1920&x=1080&range="more" or "less" or "exact" :A
(that doesn't work for anyone who is scanning through, its a suggestion)

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.