Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Changes to Free Download Quota - Minitokyo

Changes to Free Download Quota

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

The Free Download Quota allowed you to freely download 5 submission every 24 hours. The time it takes to 'regenerate' this quota has been greatly reduced (to around one hour), to allow for more freedom in downloading. In practice, this means that members now have 5 free downloads per hour, instead of 5 free downloads per day.

Additionally, every submission below 1 Mb in size is always free of any charge.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Wow 0_0
Seriously?
That's a lot.
Thanks Sheq. I don't think I'll ever have to download with credits XD (Although, up til now, I haven't :P)
Then again I don't think anyone really needs more than 5 downloads an hour. Maybe the spamming that's been going on to get credits will slow down.

Signature

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Insane... thanks MT! XD

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

Wow! Thanks a ton!

I was starting to worry about being able to download things with how credits could quickly deplete with images and then having to respond to various things to gain 1 credit each.

toumarie

toumarie

.:.:Princess:.:.

Kewl! Thanks a lot ^^ Sheq-san ahiahia XD ~~~

Signature
Member of The-Princess-Of-Orb
Member of The-Red-Knight
Member of Asucaga-Fanworks

epsilon86

Scanner

epsilon86

Epsilon

That's good news....!

Sheqel, could this change allow more download freedom reducing Minitokyo performance due to increased network traffic?
Reducing the free download quota regeneration from 24 hours to 1 hour can be good only for freeloaders. I don't mind paying credits to download some image I like.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

thanks Sheqel that'll help out a lot.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by leonardobarbaSheqel, could this change allow more download freedom reducing Minitokyo performance due to increased network traffic?
Reducing the free download quota regeneration from 24 hours to 1 hour can be good only for freeloaders. I don't mind paying credits to download some image I like.

This change did of course not go without prior consideration to that. We'll be monitoring network traffic as always.

HydeExile

HydeExile

Honor, Justice, Glory, forever!

Well, that's a good thing, but isn't it also risky? I mean most of us know that time when somebody rips the entire gallery contents of MT and place it on their own site, making the free download quota regenerate in an hour and making every submission below 1 Mb in size is always free of any charge (Which I reckon many of the items on the gallery is below 1 MB) will make it easier for them to rip. And won't this allow new members to just go downloading many things without even contributing anything to the site at all?

In Honor of my most trusted friend and irreplaceable mentor
Rest in Peace Orpheuz, your legacy lives on amongst us, your comrades, forever and ever... We'll Never forget you
Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by HydeExileWell, that's a good thing, but isn't it also risky? I mean most of us know that time when somebody rips the entire gallery contents of MT and place it on their own site, making the free download quota regenerate in an hour and making every submission below 1 Mb in size is always free of any charge (Which I reckon many of the items on the gallery is below 1 MB) will make it easier for them to rip. And won't this allow new members to just go downloading many things without even contributing anything to the site at all?

Having only 5 free downloads per day does not somehow remove the ability to rip.

Quote by Sheqel

Quote by leonardobarbaSheqel, could this change allow more download freedom reducing Minitokyo performance due to increased network traffic?

This change did of course not go without prior consideration to that. We'll be monitoring network traffic as always.

Perfect, Sheqel.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

wow that's a great change
even though i never realize when i use my credits

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

weeheng

Second in command of miku army .

okay this is getting better and better .HOORAY FOR MT !

ChiekoKawabe

ChiekoKawabe

Music, music, I love K-Pop!!

This is wonderful! I'm so happy!

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Thats indeed a huge change. We wont need to post everywhere anymore now.

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

That's good! Thanks a lot! ^^

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

Well.. Thank You

I swear I've been getting hourly credit replenishment for weeks now, as well as free downloads. o_o
Or maybe you only announced it now?
Either way, I'm both grateful and slightly confused. :P

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

O_O
Wow. Thanks a lot! :D

vector-wallers

akiranyo

akiranyo

Astraea Kisaragi

So the credit system will lose his meaning, and with that will increase the number of leechers and descrease the activity (also the spamming tough) But at least is better when people DL my walls & vectors here and not on 4chan or etc.
Simply dunno what should I think, maybe if I where just a simple member, I would be more happy about. Well, time will show.

Since I write satires, my whole life is one huge inspiration. (Horatius)
Signature

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Can't really say I agree with this... but ok.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

How nice. This is a serious change, I mean instead of getting 5 images a day you can get around 120, that if you visit MT every hour XD So is not that bad. We'll see how things will go.
As for me, I don't mind, I'll barely use my credits this way xD

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

FrankyFeng

FrankyFeng

Welcome to my personal palace

Thanks,I do think this a great news for those who have to download with credits.

To face every day with a big smile

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.