Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Changes to Free Download Quota - Minitokyo

Changes to Free Download Quota

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

Quote by BernouliCan't really say I agree with this... but ok.

Just like me.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Please elaborate.

really? thank you so much.. this is great news..

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

Haha...people need to stop getting upset about the ripping...if you post your scan or artwork anywhere on the internet, its free game IMO...if you don't want it stolen DO NOT POST IT! (by the way dealing with scans...did you draw it...ahh...no you didn't...so stop getting spun up about it showing up elsewhere, and yes artbooks cost money...I know as I have plenty of them, but I don't get upset when I see the scan somewhere else...) If someone wants to seriously rip the gallery here they will anyways...with or without the download quota...>.<

Also consider a good portion of MTs gallery isn't self scanned...so why all the fuss...? XD

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

Well, thank you very much Sheqel-san for the new download quota system. I really appreciate it.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Quote by moonelf313Haha...people need to stop getting upset about the ripping...if you post your scan or artwork anywhere on the internet, its free game IMO...if you don't want it stolen DO NOT POST IT! (by the way dealing with scans...did you draw it...ahh...no you didn't...so stop getting spun up about it showing up elsewhere, and yes artbooks cost money...I know as I have plenty of them, but I don't get upset when I see the scan somewhere else...) If someone wants to seriously rip the gallery here they will anyways...with or without the download quota...>.<

Also consider a good portion of MTs gallery isn't self scanned...so why all the fuss...? XD

Because it's a matter of respect. That kind of attitude is almost as bad as the people who do rip, because you're quite frankly trying to justify something that's wrong. While I understand that it's expected that some loser will rip your work if you post it on the internet, that doesn't mean that it's okay because you have decided to post it on the web. It's not just a matter of stopping ripping because realistically you can't, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to just give everything as a free hand-out either. You may not care what happens to your work, but for some people it is a big deal and they are willing to share it with those who share in return, not a bunch of bums that make excuses to justify a bad thing.

As regard to "by the way dealing with scans...did you draw it...ahh...no you didn't...", that's a rather ridiculous argument when you consider the person who submits them isn't getting credited for "drawing" them. I wouldn't mind if the site restricted people to posting only what they scan themselves to lessen the amount that gets stolen from other people's sites, though, especially since sometimes people submit other's fanart as scans.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Uttara

Uttara

Little Red Bat

Well, personally, I see it as a good thing if people are more likely to post comments and forum messages because they actually have something to say rather than because they want to quickly get enough credits to go on a downloading spree. It seems to me that the people who really participate in the community, offering meaningful comments and thoughtful descussion and so on, regardless of whether it affects their download schedule or not.

As far as 120 free downloads a day goes... It's theoreticaly possible, yes, but it seems like it would be awefully hard to do. Think about it; you'd have to be at your computer to download five pictures every hour, on the hour over a twenty-four hour period. You wouldn't be able to sleep, meals would have to be snatched quickly between downloads, and going to work or school would be out of the question. No one with any kind of life outside the internet would be able to mannage it.

Ican see how people ripping loads of images and just taking pictures without offering any feedback are concerns that bear watching, but what this new download quota means for me is that if I'm working on a project or collecting pictures from a new series I've just finished I will occasionaly be able to do so two or three times a day rather than just once, and I will be able to do it when it conveniently fits in with my schedule rather than having to wait an exact 24 hours since my last download. I have a very complicated college/work/family time schedule, and I can't always visit Minitokyo at perfect 24 hour intervals. If I haven't been on for a few days, it can be frustrating only being able to view five images full size when there are eight new pictures I want to save and to more I just want to viev up close. Yes, there are credits, but there isn't always a topic I feel I have something worthwhile to say abput right when I want to save a cool wallpaper durring a break between classes when I already used my five free downloads the night before.

So thank you, Minitokyo staff. I think this change deserves a chance. ^_^

Not all those who wander are lost...

thats a great news.

Thuyanh

Thuyanh

Seagullflies

Really? That's so great! Thanks a lot!
Don't need to use so much credits~~~~ Yeah!

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

Quote by ArtificialRaindrop

Because it's a matter of respect. That kind of attitude is almost as bad as the people who do rip, because you're quite frankly trying to justify something that's wrong. While I understand that it's expected that some loser will rip your work if you post it on the internet, that doesn't mean that it's okay because you have decided to post it on the web. It's not just a matter of stopping ripping because realistically you can't, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to just give everything as a free hand-out either. You may not care what happens to your work, but for some people it is a big deal and they are willing to share it with those who share in return, not a bunch of bums that make excuses to justify a bad thing.

I completely understand where you are coming from with the artwork, as I know you are a waller, and have faved and loved most of your work..., and when people take your art and claim at as their own I completely understand getting upset about it. I was more or less speaking of the scanners...It does take work to make a decent scan, this I know, I spend a lot of time in photoshop piecing together, changing up levels and what not to make the scans look presentable. I just get upset when people get all spun up about their scans showing up here and there...I used to but I have realized its futile, and instead I enjoying sharing, and not wasting the energy getting upset... T_T

As for the free handout...there are a lot of members who don't contribute...some don't have time...ahem...I used to be much more active but with school (hate it...and family) Time is used up...and responding and such for credits can be difficult for those...

Quote by ArtificialRaindropI wouldn't mind if the site restricted people to posting only what they scan themselves to lessen the amount that gets stolen from other people's sites, though, especially since sometimes people submit others fan art as scans.

I do agree with you there...I have acquired permission from a few artists before posting their artwork here as scans...although if you restrict it to only self scanned...there wouldn't be too many submissions here because lets face it...artbooks are expensive, as are the magazines...I usually pay upwards of $30 for a decent artbook, and most magazines I buy run from $15 and up...and that is without the middle man...my sister is in Japan and gets them for me.... ^_^' OX

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

that's a good news

I think it's a good thing, maybe someone doesn't have time on their hands to contribute too much to this site. I used to be very busy as well and just had to rely on the free download quota until recently. So thumbs up to the staff, thanks for thinking of those fans that love anime but don't have enough time to get too involved.

ismiy

ismiy

I command you...

This is a good development. Wow! so much wonderful walls to download but I don't think I can do 5 an hour. Thank you very much.

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

Wow, this is wonderful news. Thanks so much! =D

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

thank you :-)

Maki

Maki

?? ?? je t'aime

Wohoo! I DO realize when my credits are going way too fast and as it's been said already I don't mind paying credits for an image l like but this measure will definitely help new members to download things they like =D which I'm actually happy about n_n! I think this in some way will appeal to new comers to get involve with MT! Very good Mr. S! -_^

Get Married and you'll be doing good, do not get married and you'll be doing better, just remember what's good it's enemy of what's better

pueng2311

pueng2311

Pueng Page

Wow! Really good news !
Thank!

pueng2311@minitokyo.net
Love Bleach/Ouran Koukou Host Club/Tactics/Detective Conan/CLAMP

wah thank you so much , it makes me happy XD

hitocomaru

hitocomaru

I now have hope... Well some.

That's one of the greatest thing I've heard in a while.

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

now that's what I call in improvement. maybe we'll see profile customization "gaia online style"

That's awesome! Thanks! :D

Thanxs for the allowance of downloads. Very generous of MT's staff and Mods. :-) Of course, one should be respectful of MT's download policies. U guys are the best going :-)

hmmm.... seems like a good move.

Josefina

Josefina

Sonrie!

is great news... thank you very much, I'm so happy!

page 4 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.