Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Quarantine Question on "One of Them is Hope" - Minitokyo

Quarantine Question on "One of Them is Hope"

page 1 of 1 3 total items

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

Hi,

I was curious why my recent submission was quarantined. The link to this picture is One of Them Is Hope by valiantzero The quality of the scan is the same as my previous scans, one of the characters (the character on the bottom right) is at least 1,000,000 pixels (around 1,400,000-1,600,000 pixels), and the scan was not enlarged (it was actually made smaller). What do I need to do get the image removed from quarantine or resubmitted. Thanks!

TekkaZeroX (on AnimePaper.net)

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

The scan looks like it comes from a very small source, the halftone pattern is too obvious.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

valiantzero

valiantzero

The Local Tekkaman

Really? o_0

My original source images are actually two split scans (600 dpi, ~6600x4000 pixels) that I stitched together. I have uploaded both of the source images at Image Shack:
1.) Scan 1 (6699x4510) - http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8851/img013u.jpg
2.) Scan 2 (6895x3962) - http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3006/img014j.jpg
Together that made the quarantined image ~45% smaller than the source. ImageShack shrunk both images with links, so I'd be happy to use an alternative method to post the actual RAW scans. Though I don't know of another method, but I'd be happy to use any suggested methods to demonstrate the source scans are actually much larger than the current image.

As mentioned in the notes section of the image, the physical scan source was a LD Cover. And it didn't look bad to me from eyeballing it and was similar in quality to the physical scan sources of my 14 recent submissions (all Tekkaman Blade from the original LDs).

What would be the best way to remove the artifact (the half-tone pattern)? Would some sort of filtering help? Any help here is definitely appreciated as I do want the image removed from quarantined or resubmitted in some different form. Thanks! :)

merged: 03-14-2009 ~ 07:06pm
Hi again,

Can I resubmit this scan again? I've done some filtering of my original scans (those two I mentioned above) and have improved the scan quality of the end product.

TekkaZeroX (on AnimePaper.net)

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.