Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Recommend please: Manga for new readers - Minitokyo

Recommend please: Manga for new readers

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Faqir

Faqir

Chaos = Peace

...by new readers, I mean first time manga readers. And by manga recommendations, I mean completed manga. ;)

it's for a friend. My tastes are different from hers and the ones I know she'd like are still ongoing. I'd like her to read completed manga first. :nya: also NO smut, yaoi, yuri, het, shonen ai, shoujo ai. >=( I don't want her polluted. She's so clean. Her mind, I mean. Not naive or innocent but clean, get me? :x

I've only recommended:
fruits basket :D

any recommendations? :D please and thanks!

member of:
TSubasa Host-Club Code-Geass-Knights Gundam00-Devils DGrayMan-Black-Fighters CLAMPFans celestial-Luminesse Syaoran-Shrine group Clamp-a-holic
the-black-prince-rebelromeoxjuliet vector-wallers vectory brokenwings-trinityblood xxxholic vampire-knight

try alice gakuen.. the anime is good.. much better with the manga.. its still on going though..

Takeru623

Takeru623

Haruhiist

I'd suggest DN Angel and Rurouni Kenshin.

ASH-Hikari

ASH-Hikari

I miss you MT <3

Lol, I was going to say Fruits Basket XD It's the only one I've completed. I love Kobato too but it's ongoing.

Signature

Koukou Debut is a wonderful shoujo manga.

maybe one good choice could be beck... is funny... lovely... y have rock! a great fusion!

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

what about koi,hirari. it's so cute

?~?

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Um... well since you recommended Furuba already... I guess I'll post some for each genre?

Shoujo: anything by Yuu Watase (Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Alice 19th, Zettai Kareshi, Imadoki) or Hana Kimi

Action: Kenshin's always a good start... or Busou Renkin (by the same mangaka)

Dramatic/Romance: NANA, Romeo x Juliet

Comedy: Yotsuba to! or Azumanga Daioh

Signature Image

Yeah i agree with Fruits Basket for a "clean" girl. :)

Why not go with Doraemon for a start? I think it is still a good manga until now.

AngelOfChaos01

AngelOfChaos01

The Butler of Heaven

I would say that Kenshin is a good choice. I would really try and recommend her to read Love Hina but that may not keep her "clean" in the way ur talking about, but it's still a really good manga.

When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself.

Rurouni Kenshin is very nice...
Ghost Hunt is good clean fun all the way :D.
I just started pandora hearts. That's pretty awesome.

I'd also reccommend Bitter Virgin...however, although it doesn't break any of your rules the subject matter is pretty heavy, and it may not be in keeping with the 'clean'...

but it is a truly touching story... :'(

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

Hm... Let's see.

Shoujo: Beauty Pop, Kamichu!, Land of the Blindfolded, Voices of a Distant Star, Watashi no Ookami, Crossroad
Action/Shounen: Black Cat, Shaman King, 666 Satan, Double Arts, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Tenka Musou, Law of Ueki, Askelpios
Supernatural: Ghost Hunt
Other: +Anima, Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis, Desert of Stars, Tsumikuibito, Clover

All are completed and highly recommended. In your friend's case, I think she'll probably like the shoujo manga and +Anima. (Is +Anima counted as shoujo? Hm...)

Anyway, anything by Tsukuba Sakura is good, especially for someone who would like shoujo. Any shoujo by Mizu Sahara/Yumeka Sumomo is good too, since she also writes shounen-ai. x3

Also, does blood count as unclean? xD

What about umm, Hana Yori Dango? I like Furuba too.

xxx-holic

Signature

If you like:
Shoujo/Romantic com- Ouran High School Host Club, Skip Beat
Action/Shounen - Bleach, Naruto
Comedy - Cafe Kichijouji de, Axis Powers Hetalia
Supernatural - Xxxholic, Mushishi, Death Note

I'd recommend Ouran High School Host Club, Cardcaptor Sakura and xxxHolic.

archdevil5

archdevil5

Magia Erebea ! ! ! !

MAHOU SENSEI NEGIMA ! ! ! ! !

Just watch it ok . . . .

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

Chrno Crusade is a good beginning

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

cutie^n
samurai deeper kyo
kamikaze kaitou jeanne
full moon wo sagashite
daa daa daa + shin daa daa daa
kaikan phrase
sailormoon
.... sorry need to check

merged: 04-03-2009 ~ 03:54pm
kodomo no omocha (child's toy)

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Ouran High School Host Club
Gakuen Alice
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Full Moon Sagashite
Cardcaptor Sakura
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.