Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PSA: Online Safety - Minitokyo

PSA: Online Safety

This thread is pinned.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

NovaBomb

NovaBomb

People Contain Both Good & Evil

good job getting rid of him.

"Light...Dark...Good...Evil...Yin...Yang...Truely they are but two sides of a single coin, a being contains both aspects and only by mastering both, can you truely become master of ones' self" -Tiaki Nova
Like to RP? Then come and join Sleepless-Paradise, Kue-Ka and Karuma-Kingdom it's lots of fun!

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

Let's keep it safe and fun.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

I am glad to see that MT has taken the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening again.
and may I also add that I hope those desperate for love teens will please try not to fall for those sweet words and promises that these "monsters" make.
It is only a manipulation of words. If I were to open n account with a guy's name and wrote love poetry...would you have fallen for that?
Please be aware that they're only saying empty words to lure you into their trap.
I hope the girls in MT realises this.

Signature
Being emotionally hurt is like having internal injury where the agonising pain kills you slowly without anyone knowing...and you can put on a brave front and smile at everyone around you to hide the fact that you're suffering...
Oh why did you have to do this to me?

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

Keep your eyes peeled, your ears open, and your senses on alert, MiniTokyoites.

Good on you Marissa.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

PAPTIMUS

PAPTIMUS

--)(the sinister genius)(--

I've been a member for a long time , but this is the first time I've heard of such an incident taking place in Minitokyo. It is truly an unpleasant thing to hear.

*the man from jupiter*

KuroiTsubasa

"Tenshi Mieru sa...."

thank you very much for the warning, i hope everyone will be careful.

Ore-sama no Bigi no Yoina

Thank you so much for pointing this out. It is so comforting to know that MT is paying attention to what's going on with the members, unlike way too many other sites out there.
Good job.

Youtube gets this crap ALOT. A little 14 year old girl starts V-blogging and about 100 pervs flock into her comment section and post some really ridiculous stuff. But I'm glad MT has a task force to keep this smaller community site safe as possible! Good job MT.

Don'tcha see the big deck don'tcha see the big chain don'tcha see the big grill wonder who they hatin' on lately its that one dude.

Oh my Goodness o__O Thanks for letting us know about this abomination.

ismiy

ismiy

I command you...

As you have rightly said we should not be surprised. All that is good of this world must have a flaw, we can only take care and try to exercise good judgement in all we do.
That's a great suggestion you have there leonardobarba, and thanks for bringing this to our notice Marissa.

all we must do just stay aware! because it's so hard to trace them.
if they're banned, they will come again with new account.
My suggestion, if we met someone like this and starting talk about sexual harassment, just ignore and leave them!

louise02

louise02

????

ohh thanks for this info! im sure to be careful by now!

??? ? ??! ? ? ????????

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

wow I don't even come here enough to notice such things but good looking out /no1

meh sig banners are overrated

Es la segunda vez q me topo con este problema en un foro.

Gracias por la advertencia...... aunque dudo q alguien quiera aprovecharse de mi persona. XD

man! thats disgusting!
thanks for the info! =]

riku1212

riku1212

love hurts so much!

thanks for putting this out i'm scared of stlakers and u should have like e-mail thing to tell if their lying

you never know you love someone until you'ev lost them.
join: shugo-chara TWEWYnabari-no-ou dark-palace katekyo-hitman-reborn

If it has not been done all ready, can you forward his information to the cyber crime unit of your local police (if any). I am sure they would be interested in hearing about this person as they do take this sorta thing seriously.

i think it is neccesary check on teen comments so that one can know thir intentions

you know what? I find this hilarious and wtf at the same time. I recently read an article wherein a guy of 26 rode his bike 300km away just to met this 15 yr old girl and have his 'way' on her. Yeah they met thru Myspace which is pretty much related to this issue. I say good job on banning him, you'll never know the might and capabilities of pedo's urge to young girls.

Source is from err i can't say it here since it's pretty much NSFW site. I might get banned from linking it here.

merged: 05-19-2009 ~ 06:28pm
hmm i think I've met this guy from another NSFW site or maybe not... Don't get me wrong or anything here, I'm not into this real life pedo hunting. I admit I have a strong liking to ecchi anime girl characters but not as much as compared to real life girls. Besides, I still in my sense to distinguish reality from fantasy, more so on what is right and wrong.

<i>I love you scampi and fenafir! You two rocks!</i>

Thank you for writing this. It's nice for younger teens to have a reminder of this kind of thing :/ It's sad but it does happen.. there are scary people on the net. One of my best friends was stalked very badly for years by a man she met online. I've met some scary guys myself..

Bleach-boy

Bleach-boy

Mirror's Image

Wow.....
I haven't been on in a while, and Eisritter
was one of my friends! I didn't know....

I am the shadow that eats at your heart. I am the thing that lurkes in the corners. I am the monster under the bed. I AM the assistant of the dark. So how can I help you?

Reading this, I just found out I am an Online Predator!
Watch out teenage girls ;) I am coming for ya! My raperate is getting low these days :D

Oh for the good ol' days when me and my friends would go online and fish for predators! Now I'm under an oath of honesty, but honestly? I miss trolling for perverts.

I know, I know, it's one of those morally ambiguous hobbies: but if they weren't trying to talk my address out of me they would possibly have been trying to talk it out of some poor kid who might not have known better.

And it isn't girls only who have to watch out. I spent most of my chat room career posing as a 12-14 year old boy and you would not BELIEVE the weirdos out there. Or maybe some of you older more experienced people would.

I think it's good to have a special thread for safety tips on using the internet. I personally would recommend going a step farther though and posting the tips in the forum rules/required reading.

They might already be in there though...I confess I never actually read them...

BUT I'M OLD and every forum rules I've ever read all said the same thing. So blast me if you want but I meant to get around to it anyway...

Thank you for warning us. I will keep my eyes open and tell you if I see anything fishy.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.