Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Internet Dying?!?!?! - Minitokyo

Internet Dying?!?!?!

page 1 of 1 16 total items

It seems like the Big Cable Companies are planning to tax every one who uses the internet.
While that may not seem like a bad idea to some people, consider what will happen to Internet Communities, like Minitokyo or Youtube
Here's a link that explains the details
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6_xL3ehrI

Gamefreak91

Gamefreak91

Challenger of Games

Sounds like they're trying to make more money quickly, doesn't it?

For what purpose?
Plus, is it right that they are doing it in the first place?

Okay, so to be honest here. This seems like someone's stupid idea of a prank.

1. You're already being taxed for like almost everything that involves with money.
2. You're already paying damn tax to your ISP. (Internet Service Provider, aka big cable company...)
3. That person looks like a retard and I can't hear a damn thing.
4. Tagging people without other people's knowledge is the same thing as stalking and also an invasion of your computer which is considered hacking. (assuming its an actual 'tag') Which then is accountable by the court of law and you can say screw you and have them go into jail. There are different uses of tag, yes I know, and my thoughts on tag is where they are using it to track or keep in touch of other clients.
There's also a difference between a log and a 'tag' (also can be viewed as spyware / virus). A log is just information taken or given by a server and is recorded down and should only be used for emergencies (track hackers / detect problems or attempts of hacking or just various things if needed like a confirmation of something or what not, but can't be used to track people unless deemed necessary, like police investigations).
5. Internet is used for way too much and its not going to die soon.

Edit:

Okay, youtube working now.

And all I have to say, its impossible. You got some billion of website, and stuff like Minitokyo contains reviews, anime, gallery (artwork) and a forum, and 'sorting / sectioning' one of them by itself isn't possible, and multiply that by a billion with a new one coming in every day (or 100 new ones)

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well the cable company in my area is going bankrupt so I don't know who will take over but it's sad, but think about it, probably the recession is what is making a lot of companies have to do this, and us "small people" are the ones that are faced with the hardship as well as the "big fish"

BuBbLeS!

Signature

shomai19

shomai19

seraphic_demon

It's might just be because of the failing economy, companies are finding ways (sometimes absolutely ridiculous ones) on getting their hands on some cash so that they won't go bankrupt and eventually fold out of business.

They want to survive and so we become the sacrifice.

On one note, if the Internet gets taxed, it's the government's fault since they were the ones who came up and passed the law in the first place.

Weep as much as you want and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved like the gentle thrust of my pen. *poke*

---
Signature
	ImageAvatar and sig by Melymay, thanks. ^^

VikingJuggalo
Today's date: March 24, 2009 (some for you will be the 25th)
Videos made: 33

For that short amount of time to have this much videos concludes he is an attention whore.
As for whatever he's blabbering about the better term for this will be
Net Neutrality
"I've done research"! Right... more like research on how to mix cheese with concrete.

User be happy, your internet isn't dead yet

In other news the iphone 3rd gen, some say will have a chip that will speed up network connection faster than today's 3G models.

Signature

ttwen

ttwen

somebody

i would really like to watch them do that if it's true. but too bad, it's just not possible to tax the whole web! this is just some stupid hoax.

Quote by tiki223VikingJuggalo
Today's date: March 24, 2009 (some for you will be the 25th)
Videos made: 33

For that short amount of time to have this much videos concludes he is an attention whore.
As for whatever he's blabbering about the better term for this will be
Net Neutrality
"I've done research"! Right... more like research on how to mix cheese with concrete.

User be happy, your internet isn't dead yet

In other news the iphone 3rd gen, some say will have a chip that will speed up network connection faster than today's 3G models.

Well, that's it for this thread and Idea
I've been proving wrong, it seems

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Okay I'm moving this now, because quite frankly this guy lacks credibility. First he states he's done extensive research. Well if you want to be taken serious show your sources. He doesn't do that and wham there goes all credibility he might have had. Second if you look at his comments it makes him out to be some anti-governmental nut.

Is it possible that plans to control the net are out there? Sure I won't deny it based on seedy things companies have done in the past. (seriously take any white collar crime course or read any textbooks on the subject matter and you will see a lot worse being done) Do I think it's going to happen? No.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

So...first of all, I can't watch the whole thing. I'm a teacher, and hearing someone say "okay" or "like" or "you know" ever few seconds drives me crazy.

Second, is this even possible? I doubt the government knows every single website that goes up and comes down. If everyone stops using a certain website because they don't want to pay to visit it...well, there goes your income.

I find this completely ridiculous.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well it was a rumor that started about the same time that the rumor for making people pay to send emails, neither is going to happen but it would be scary if it was true, on either case

BuBbLeS!

Signature

KazamiHayato

KazamiHayato

全て勇気強さ持つの男

True. Those people would anything for just stupid money. And they didn't maintained well of internet connection. It happens to me back then.

Signature Image

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

maybe they should start charging for internet wasting sites like myspace, facebook, youtube, livejournal

ChiekoKawabe

ChiekoKawabe

Music, music, I love K-Pop!!

I honestly think this isn't true. Otherwise companies would lose all their money as, most-likely, 90% of people WON'T put up with this and will just cut the internet all together.

We are Internet.
Our ISP give us the only connection to the Network, but ISPs are NOT the Internet.
That tax thing was only a rumor, nothing more.
And if the Internet is really dying why millions of people are working to adapt systems and networks for the new IPv6 protocol? :)

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.