Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 which?waller Round 8 - Guessing begins! - Minitokyo

which?waller Round 8 - Guessing begins!

Group announcement by The-Planning-Board

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Yes it's that time again! To check out the entries go to the Google site.

To look at the rules and to find out how to participate in the guessing stage go to the update page.

First time guessers have the bonus of I will tell them how many walls each person made. Just PM me to ask.

People who submitted a wall have the bonus of I will reveal the artist of one of the walls (it's the same wall for everyone). Just PM me before you send in your first guesses.

The guessing stage will run from March 28th to April 8th.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

woot, finally! I was so excited to see the entries, until you suddenly made an extension. >_> But I'm glad it's finally the time to view those evil entries. :)

wow, there aren't much wallers yet there are so many entries. I thought it could reach 20 though.. Ah well.

curses! I thought I had a couple hours more to polish up my entry, and missed the deadline. time zones.... =/

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

finally ^_^ i have been waitting this for a long time.

~Searching for a place where dreams come true~
clannad-fans the-planning-board
Indonesia Doujin Support Indonesianese

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

:( I am so sorry hamstersanonymous :( I'll try to post a link to a world clock next time to make it easier for everyone. T_T

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

wow it's realy hard to guess. i've starring the walls for almost 1 hour ^_^ and still don't get any idea who made which wall.

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

ok i love whoever it was who made an amatsuki wall <33333333

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

I'm so happy that we have 18 walls that are all from different series! :D So bummed that no one did Earl and Fairy though. T_T

I just wanted to mention that the guessing stage is extra long this time because I will be gone a lot the first week. So don't expect a fast reply to your guesses, but I will get to them.

Also, for those of you who have played this game before I made a few changes:
6) You get a total of 3 guesses.
7) When you re-guess I will again tell you if you got more or less then 50% correct and which score was highest.
8) If you guess over 85% I will tell you what your exact % score was.
9) The guessing stage will be from March 28th to April 8th.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Dang, I absolutely cannot believe Macross Frontier was so unloved o__o

merged: 03-28-2009 ~ 06:24pm
Actually I can't believe Amatsuki was unloved too because I've seen so many nice scans for that series floating around xD

merged: 03-28-2009 ~ 06:27pm

Quote by MyrrhLynnPeople who submitted a wall have the bonus of I will reveal the artist of one of the walls (it's the same wall for everyone). Just PM me before you send in your first guesses.

Whoever submitted five walls would have a huuuuge advantage then xD

Unless the revealed wall is one that the made-5-walls-person made x3

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

haha, only 3 guesses, so we don't spam you XDD

ooh, I see there were 3 busybees this round, I wonder who they are.... XD

also, would be fun to also guess what series the wall is from, and see who gets the most right =D (some are obvious, others are not XD)

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Quote by flyindreamsDang, I absolutely cannot believe Macross Frontier was so unloved o__o

At least it got 1 wall. Earl and Fairy, Pandora Hearts, and Shounen Onmyouji all got nothing. I'm so bummed. T_T On the other hand people walled series I had never even heard of before. >_>

Quote by MapleRosehaha, only 3 guesses, so we don't spam you XDD

also, would be fun to also guess what series the wall is from, and see who gets the most right =D (some are obvious, others are not XD)

Lollll. Yes consider the 3 guesses limit my person spam guard. *I'm looking at your Piccolobear* XD

Yeah I guess when you send in your guesses you can say what series you think it is from. Although I'm not going to grade that until the guessing stage is over because that would be too complicated. X_X

I think most of them are pretty obvious once you've seen some scans from that series, but not all of them even have a section on MT yet so it would be really tough to figure out where they are from.

I also realized this round what a cop out I am with text on my walls. It was really hard to not put the name of the series on. T_T

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Anyone up for 2 truths and a lie? I'll start

- I've made a wall from a series I've never seen/read
- I painted the background for only one of my walls
- I vectored the foreground (the character)

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I missed the deadline with maybe 3 hours of work left on my wall. I suuuuuck. Good work everyone else, though.

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

my 2 truth and a lie : ^_^

~ i made a very plain and simple background
~ i don't draw more than 1 character in my wall(s)
~ my wall(s) don't have any text

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

btw, since one of my clues is about the series I've not seen, you can find what I've seen/read at myanimelist.net (or the manga list). It's pretty up to date (whereas the MT one isn't that up to date, too lazy XD)

merged: 03-29-2009 ~ 06:54am
haha, #5 looks like flyindream's, but she didn't enter XD

merged: 03-29-2009 ~ 06:55am

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuwow, there aren't much wallers yet there are so many entries. I thought it could reach 20 though.. Ah well.

Haha, if I had more time, we might have ;)

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by MyrrhLynnAt least it got 1 wall. Earl and Fairy, Pandora Hearts, and Shounen Onmyouji all got nothing. I'm so bummed. T_T On the other hand people walled series I had never even heard of before. >_>

Ah, sounds like w?w could potentially spill over into moar plz here. The beauty of it LOL >xD

Yeah I didn't recognize the series for half or more of the walls >_> Actually that kind of makes things harder too <_<

merged: 03-29-2009 ~ 04:33pm

Quote by MapleRosehaha, #5 looks like flyindream's, but she didn't enter XD

I totally had ideas for possible entries and yes, it (or they) would've been from Moyashimon >xD Working long-ass hours isn't really conducive to pumping out walls though :(

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

So we have a small problem. It appears the old rounds stored on the JotSpot are dead-ified. So I have no way of knowing who guessed for those founds to verify who can get the hint as a "first time" guesser. So here is what I'm going to do: If you haven't guessed since we started storing the rounds on the Google site you are a "new" guesser.

Here are the people who I have record of guessing. If you aren't one of them you qualify as "new".

Chloe-chan
Sakura-dust
Piccolobear
Maplerose
Kitten
Erdbeermilch
Margalet
gaara-no-shukaku
GeneD
tama-neko

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Actually, if you check the which?waller archive, most of the previous rounds' guessing results are stored there (some are inside the Waller results) . The only rounds that their guessing results are not available there are Round 4 and 5.

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Ugh I didn't even notice that.. >_<;;;; Humm... oh well! Consider it a very obvious bribe to get back people who haven't guessed in the past 4 rounds! XD It's been over a year anyway... >_>;;

Oh btw, we are not doing the "earn a hint by getting new people to guess" this round. Because there were a lot of walls made by few artists I thought it would be a bit too much of a hint. T_T That is why I gave the freebie to everyone who walled this round. Not to mention everyone can guess what series each wall is, which gives me another list of things to juggle. -_-

Next time I'll either do another freebie for the wallers or the "earn a hint" thing depending on how many wallers participate. The "earn a hint" would definitely be more helpful wouldn't it? Humm, or maybe you could "earn a hint" by either getting new people to guess OR by how many walls you enter?!? Does that sound like a fun idea (I'm looking for people other then Maple to comment since I know she's L-O-V-E the wall to get a hint idea. XD )

And wow, Maple! Your animelist almost gives mine a run for it's money. (almost, bwahahaha)

e21krei

Linguistics

e21krei

Yume no Tabibito

@maple : wow, quite some anime u have seen ^_^ currently listing my anime list there myself (Not yet complete list) but most title we have seen have much diferent in score lol

back on topic, i cant seem to figure which one from the wall that maple haven't read/see since i dont know 6 wall from what anime lol.
just a suggestion for next time, how about if we can pick 1 wall that u tell which waller at random? ex: i want to know who make no 20 since i dont have a clue at all ^_^

update : finaly complete (my anime list) at animelist

merged: 03-30-2009 ~ 06:33pm
no more 2 truth and 1 lie?

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

Quote by MyrrhLynn(I'm looking for people other then Maple to comment since I know she's L-O-V-E the wall to get a hint idea. XD )

And wow, Maple! Your animelist almost gives mine a run for it's money. (almost, bwahahaha)

Hahahaha, I'd totally love that idea =D

How about instead of picking one wall to tell us all who made it (maybe that's unfair to the waller, unless it's Myrrhlynn's I guess? XD), you can pick a random wall (using random number generator, or pick a number out of a hat or something) to tell the guesser who made it. If that wall happens to be the guesser's own wall, then can either do a re-pick, or say "too bad" XD

hahaha, my animelist is only up to 70ish days, that's not a lot! I know people who spent 140 days on anime XD

merged: 03-30-2009 ~ 08:48pm
@e21krei: *stares at your anime list in awe* wow, almost 193 days! that's over 6 months XDD

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

:\ I hate this part.. but anyway, here's my truths and a lie :

- I used either textures or patterns
- I made two widescreen walls.
- I worked with painting

My 2 truths and 1 lie:

- I only made 1 wall
- my wall(s) is/are in widescreen
- my wall(s) feature(s) one or more female characters

MyrrhLynn

MyrrhLynn

Bishounen Fangirl

Just as a reminder the contest ends on April 8th 11:59pm GMT. To find out what time that is in your timezone you can use the world clock converter:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.