Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 who get nervous watching anime while your parents are looking? - Minitokyo

who get nervous watching anime while your parents are looking?

page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next » 252 total items

zuhur

zuhur

Hana

Well, for me i get nervous when my older brother is there with me when i wach anime
specially romance/yaoi/yuri/eechi anime.
my dad he think that i watch cartoons(for children) o_0,
my mother always behind me T_T,, that make me uncomfortable a little and i do not watch anime or read mature manga until she left :nya:
but anime doesn't contain kiss scene or someting like this, that's ok
:)

?~?

I don't live at home anymore now that I'm at University, but I used to get... not nervous exactly, but perhaps self-conscious, if my parents were watching me watch anime. They both think it's all for children. I'm not sure what they'd think if they saw me watching shounen-ai/shoujo-ai/yaoi/yuri (lol, probably assume that one of the characters is a girl and one a boy). XD

I'll admit I do get nervous when my mom comes into the room when a random comedy anime is on. Mostly the reason being that there might be some one-time perverted joke, and she'll automatically say that maybe I shouldn't be watching things like that. My parents aren't exactly used to Japanese humor/culture or something like that. So, I get uncomfortable when they're watching; yet, there are a few shows that they've watched and really liked. I pretty much get nervous when I introduce them to a new series.

However, other than them, I don't really get nervous around anyone else. My older brother constantly watches anime series with me, ones of any genre.

I am a vessel wrought with strife and regret, but I will not fear.

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

I admit that I do get self-conscious when my mom is around and I'm watching anime.
I don't really watch anything inappropriate (or romantic), but all the yelling and screaming that happens in anime sometimes is a bit embarrassing, you know?

FireBlaster

The Quiet Life

No in my case

Life is Figth

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well I never did watch the naughty stuff with my parents to me that was like watching a naughty scene in a movie or something, but other anime it never really bothered me, she did get laughs out of certain anime and even the games I played at that time that were mostly the lines but still I knew what to watch and not watch, now I live alone but still I would be cautious who I watch that stuff with and the likes

BuBbLeS!

Signature

AngelOfChaos01

AngelOfChaos01

The Butler of Heaven

I try my best to avoid letting my parents see me watch or read anime. They just don't get that I really like doing it and they use it to yell at me. Plus it's just really weird for me, I don't even let them hear the music I listen too.

When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself.

I used to get a little nervous, until I realized that my parents like anime too. hahahaha.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

My parents just like to assume that I like watching TV a lot, if they see me watching anime on TV... and I personally don't want them to know what I'm up to, so I'll usually shut the door when they're around. They don't really approve of me watching TV in general either, as they think it affects my studies. If it's on the PC, they can't really tell, but I didn't have access to good internet till now. Also avoid reading manga and listening to anime music whenever they're around. So now I'm at uni, I can watch without them barging in, and share my anime with fellow anime fans. But I do envy those kids whose parents are sporting enough to watch and get to know anime through them.

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

Parents have a way of making things seem...well, too lame with questions that are too direct and make you feel like a child. I still remember being asked "Why do their mouths cover half their faces when they laugh?" or "Why do they have BIG eyes".

As with the rest of the members, even I get too self-conscious and quite uncomfortable with parents around while watching anime (back in highschool)

I don't get nervous but I'm kinda irritated because I know that anime are not my parents choice of TV show.

Uttara

Uttara

Little Red Bat

Depends totally on the anime (and the parent.) I don't think there's any anime I'd feel comfortable with my dad seeing me watch. My mom has actually watched (an liked) a couple animes with me, but I picked which ones to show her fairly carefully. Others... It would be very uncomfortable indeed if she saw me watching them.

Not all those who wander are lost...

FlameMasterAJ

FlameMasterAJ

Flame Master

its funny, my dad is over 6 feet, 185 pounds (buff and ripped), puerto rican, retired coast guard cheif, and he is obsessed with Vegeta/Dragon Ball Z, Transformers, Naruto, and Tenjho Tenge. He even has some vegeta shirts he wears for casual wear to stores, its absolutely hilarious. A tall ripped man wearing a vegeta shirt. He's not even embaressed either, which is funny. My mom likes Tenjho Tenge, and has sympathy for Aya and he little love triangle. I dont live with them now, but I know for a fact my dad is still that way

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

I get nervous with my Mom around while I'm doing ANYTHING on the computer, lol. But especially when it's something anime-related..... I"m always waiting for her to go: "What's that? should you be watching/listening/looking at that? That's just weird." I think she does that naturally because she doesn't really understand Japanese humor/culture.

Sanchu

Sanchu

Waiting is a Talent

XD I live on my own so I wouldn't really be nervous watching it... though when I use to live at home I wouldn't get nervous cuz I'm me, they don't like it they can suck my.... well anyhow, I get annoyed when someone comes in and complains about it because then I have to pause, tell them to gtfo, then rewind and watch and that's just annoying in general. XD

Signature
If you can't understand my delicate stupidity, how can you understand my hardcore Insanity?

not really~
they didn't understand
an english and japanesse
i just feel bit nervous
ahhaha
i'm usually watch by my self
that more comfortable for me
ahahah...
i thinx much off us have same kinnda
feeling~

too much nervous..
i must stop it while watching (in dvd/cd)
or..
change d'channel (in tv)
hahaha XD

Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~miawwwwwwwww??????~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bumble-Bee

Bumble-Bee

I'm cute, aren't I?

No, I'm not. Why should I be nervous?
It's not like I like watching hentai animes...

archdevil5

archdevil5

Magia Erebea ! ! ! !

Well sometimes maybe the hentai act coming and it makes me kinda nervous, so if I watch an anime I usually lock my self in my room hehehehe

FatalB

FatalB

Tech support

nervous no..annoyed...yes.

when they would interupt me i would have to pause it cause all they would do is complain how they think watching things with subtitles is stupid.

so dumb, they always asked why i paused it. i would say "cause if i don't you won't stop talking while i try and watch" which is true... if one of them ever asks me what desu means again, i'll snap.

merged: 05-13-2009 ~ 11:30pm
P.S. i could see that if you watch something ecchi, but i never cared.
just laugh at it and they'll leave.

Signature
I want my world painted black...
....in a good way.

Quote by FatalBnervous no..annoyed...yes.

when they would interupt me i would have to pause it cause all they would do is complain how they think watching things with subtitles is stupid.

so dumb, they always asked why i paused it. i would say "cause if i don't you won't stop talking while i try and watch" which is true... if one of them ever asks me what desu means again, i'll snap.

merged: 05-13-2009 ~ 11:30pm
P.S. i could see that if you watch something ecchi, but i never cared.
just laugh at it and they'll leave.

So true... Watching anime or anything similar is like an invitation for interruptions. which is very annoying... mostly for the fact that since they don't like it, they see it as either a cartoon or something else stupid.

AngelOfChaos01

AngelOfChaos01

The Butler of Heaven

OMG I hate getting interrupted whenever I'm watching and anime or reading a manga. I feel like the only time my parents ever need something from me is when I'm in the middle of an episode, right about the time when it's getting good.

When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself.

HaineAsakura

HaineAsakura

Silent Scream

No, my parents would probably be too busy arguing over who gets the last chocolate coated multi colored sprinkle doughnut to have anything to do with me.

Signature Image

i don't get nervous when watching anime in front of my parents. but i do get nervous when there are ecchi scene on the anime that i am watching in front of my parents...:p

page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next » 252 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.