What are those called?

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Cancel

Hey there,
hmm thought category of fashion would fit my question.

So here it is ^_^'

What are those "balls" (kinda chinese hairdress) called?
I'd love to buy some. I've just seen em on another anime, and I loved them on Meiling (CCS), as well as on Haruhi (MoHS)...:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/215/haurhidutt.jpg

I hope there's someone out there... knowing the name of this stuff.

• Mar 31, 2009

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odango_(hairstyle) is all that I could come up with maybe that can be of some help and you can search the rest of wiki and see if you come up with anything

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

Cancel

Thanks a lot for the link.
Hm, it's similar with what I wanted.
Only thing I could find by myself now was the "bun holder". Well, it's not perfect but it's something to start with.
Thanks a lot again. Now I can find out how to make the style of Odango ^^

• Apr 05, 2009

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

well if you're any good at sewing you could make them, I can do this, but I don't know how good you are, not being mean or anything, or if you know someone that can sew, it's a simple bit of cloth and some elastic and string, in some cases they could be made into like a ball for bag type thing...I've been making my cosplay costumes for years just by being able to mimic the designs from what I see

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

chopstix07

Kintoki

Cancel

Take a square piece of cloth take it make it into the ball shape shomehow, then take a hairtie tie it in place and tie a ribbon over the hairtie. Not sure if that would work or not, but it's ghetto-fab.

Cancel

Thank you for tips. I've just bought some.. well they don't look like Haruhi's or sth but maybe I'll sew some by myself *scared xD*

Rikimaru, you're lucky one cuz of your cosplays. I'd love to be able to create some by myself.

• Apr 11, 2009

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Cancel

It's called a Bao for the ox horn style of hair. Not to be confused with bao that are a steamed buns. Although they do look similar. o_0

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.