Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hikaru no Go - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 20 total items

lanesra

lanesra

pharmer

I just finished watching the anime and read the manga (all 23 volumes) before that
The anime followed the manga so closely, I've never seen an anime follow manga this close before

Such an addictive series

The anime version finished a little bit earlier compared to the manga version but IMO the anime had a better ending. I didn't like the way the manga ended.

I wonder what everyone's opinion is on HnG?

"What the fuck is WTF?"

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

very nice story.....
i like the idea of the anime...
now i also learn play igo..
*h.he.he.he.*
nice anime..
u know what?
in here(my country) the comic is release in 2 version... but same story
*stupid comic company...*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

dans

dans

busy u_u

yeah, the story's very nice.
i wish they make more of em.

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

i thought the ending was super nice! almost made me cry T_T

there's also the mange one shot special 2 chapters, where it shows 2 new insei who idolizes akira and hikaru after the tournament with korea and china. in the young lion tournament, they get to play akira and hikaru, and finally it shows the beginning of akira and hikaru's game in the young lion's tournament...

there was also an anime special at new years, whree it shows the game hikaru has before the international tournament with his sensei (and akira with that guy whose name i forgot)

dans

dans

busy u_u

Quote by sammoi thought the ending was super nice! almost made me cry T_T
there's also the mange one shot special 2 chapters, where it shows 2
new insei who idolizes akira and hikaru after the tournament with korea
and china. in the young lion tournament, they get to play akira and
hikaru, and finally it shows the beginning of akira and hikaru's game
in the young lion's tournament...
there was also an anime special at new years, whree it shows the game
hikaru has before the international tournament with his sensei (and
akira with that guy whose name i forgot)

i've seen or read those.
when i watched the new year special, i thought they're going to make a new season . XO

Signature Image
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great."
Latest Work : FMA - Reunited

"ok" anime, nothing special though..

I will access your heart right away..

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

the anime isn't that good, the manga is so much better...anime can't even compare; not surprising since GO isn't such an action packed event like a normal anime is.

it was a good drama. the path this series took really surprised me as it gradually got more serious and serious. Even though I didn't have a clue as how to play Go (even now as well), I still watched on till the end. I really like the art too. Speaking of the art, the artbook is great. Too bad I can't afford it since it's hella expensive. I've got the scanalations of it only : ( but the scans were well done which is a good thing.

Actually, I don't really like the anime and manga ending. Both were so incomplete>_< The series was great though ;p

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

I adore hikaru no go !! I thought it would be boring I mean..-o- white stones and black stones yes..ahahaha but then itw as actually really interesting!

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

lanesra

lanesra

pharmer

I just started watching the series Full Metal Alchemist and i was so surprised that the main dude looks almost like Hikaru
Same with the other girl who shows up in the first 2 episodes
(I've only seen the first 2 eps so far)

and i agree that the endings were left waaayyyy tooooo incomplete
but i guess they cant really show much more afterwards

"What the fuck is WTF?"

well hikago the manga has a real open ending... I remember all the rumors trying to explain why it has stopped, one concerning the Korean Go Association..

But the anime isn't really over since there were a special ep... and there will probably more to finish like the manga.
I find it funny that even if I knew what the characters will say since I've read just few days/months before the chapters (and I read everything at least twice and I think there' are chapters I even read more than 8 times) I could have watched the whole serie... when in the other hand I can't bear watching Naruto (which I just remember the plot and not the exact words of the dialogues).

Signature

Quote by lanesraI just finished watching the anime and read the manga (all 23 volumes) before that
The anime followed the manga so closely, I've never seen an anime follow manga this close before

Such an addictive series

The anime version finished a little bit earlier compared to the manga version but IMO the anime had a better ending. I didn't like the way the manga ended.

I wonder what everyone's opinion is on HnG?

so do i :angry: i want it to continue ! :sweat:

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

riku-chan

riku-chan

The One

Quote by gogglesit was a good drama. the path this series took really surprised me as it gradually got more serious and serious. Even though I didn't have a clue as how to play Go (even now as well), I still watched on till the end. I really like the art too. Speaking of the art, the artbook is great. Too bad I can't afford it since it's hella expensive. I've got the scanalations of it only : ( but the scans were well done which is a good thing.

I loved HnG!^_^ I even got so into Igo, I went all over the net learning all the names of the moves Sai made. lol.. it's a really addictive series in my opinion, since it was pretty similar to the magna, there weren't too many surprises, but I enjoyed it all the same. The bgm for the anime was really nicely chosen too, every song seemed to fit in perfectly. The ending was pretty abrupt, but if it were to continue, there really would be no ending.. in fact the audience might eventually find it draggy. Yumi-san planed it in a way such that there would be space for the audience to create their own ending; kind of intentional.. but I would have really liked a season 2.XD

I liked the series. The music, animation, story... very nicely done. The special really had me excited again... I just wish the special wasn't also open ended, but I guess that leaves room for more.. :)

i actually liked Hikaru No Go... didnt think i would but it was great.. =) ... just bad it ended.. =(

Im Not Nuts!, Im Completely InSaNe!

It was one of the most addicting series I've ever watched. Who would've guessed it'd be so amazing when it was based around a board game? I totally bawled at least twice during the series, and loved every moment of it. <3

Pretty much like the others here when I say that this was a really good series. Haven't read the manga past Hikaru and Co. making it into the international competition. I hope they'll animate this, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

i lurve hikaru no go !!! it made me cried badly near the end of the show. it's one different anime which really shows the characters of the show growing up. and i really love the OPs and EDs, plus the bgm !!

*runs off screaming for more hikaru no go* XD

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

kitat

kitat

The dead of freedom

I like hikaru no go, too! A story is great .He likes that touya and hikaru fight. I wanted you to continue to a slight degree...and I looked at this animation and began the game of go.I like the song of opening(Get over) similarly. XD

Signature
Who can master your own fate ? Different people have different ways of life .

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.