Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the grudge, americanized - Minitokyo

the grudge, americanized

page 1 of 1 18 total items

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

the japanese horror flick "the grudge" americanized...starring sarah michelle gellar!
i saw grudge 1 (japanese version) and i thought, errrrr will the killing never end? and it didn't lol actually i didn't like the grudge...

maybe the american version would make the story more, should i say "complete" coz the japanese version was just...the kid and mum ghost just killed and killed oh yeah with a few history about em..but it didn't really end
maybe now in the american version they'll give a more complex story...

anyway the effects in the american version is cooler, much scarier, lol in the japanese version...i laughed at the supposedly scary parts >_>

EDIT:
don't get me wrong i'm still for asian horror flicks lol..apparently americans too...coz they are making remakes of it XD

Signature Image

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

looks pretty scary in the commercial..esp when that ghost is crawling down the stairs or when that lady is going up that elevator...

ShingoHibiki

ShingoHibiki

Darkest Days

I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but I am interested in this mainly because Sam Raimi has his hands in it. The Evil Dead movies are some of my favorites. I wonder if Bruce Campbell makes a cameo, he's been in practically everything that Sam Raimi has worked on.

chunli61

chunli61

Chocolate Queen

omg that is a japanese original! lol i'm so lost sometimes. but i want to see the american version xD every time that damn preview is on tv.. its so freaky looking (the ghosts) but i cant help but just stare at it..... lol it scares me but i cant take my eyes away xD i'll probably go see it. but now that i know its a japanese remake ill go look for the japanese version to rent hehehehehe

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

haha tv commercial is scary~ im like ZOMG (ive been like that ever since texas chainsaw massacre)

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

It does seem scary, but I want to see it though.

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

texas chainsaw massacre was scary in a different sense to me...not the hair-raising cant-look-at-the-dark-again scared lol, more like...eeep! is my neighbor normal? or a whack killing machine hehehe...

anyway i think i'll watch sarah michelle gellar face the kid who "meows" in the grudge lol...i thought that was funny in the japanese version

Signature Image

its not the "american version", its not a remake at all but actually the fifth installment in the ongoing series. and sam raimi has no part in this, he is just producing it. its still a takashi shimizu film.

tAtEkAnE

tAtEkAnE

Eats You!

ah thanks for clearing that up XD i just saw some part of the trailer XD ...coz of the ring, it just entered my head that it's a remake -__- ehehehe

americanized still tho XD hehehe

Signature Image

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

I have to say Jo On(Jap version) sure one hell of a movie. I like it still cant believe there makin it for America

The japonese version was good, the american version is scarier. The story is also tightened up a bit and flows better. I can't believe it got bat reviews in the US. I thinks it pretty scary.
cheers

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Alittle late there? I post a topic about this awhile back. I like the import one better. If I never seen it, I might think the American 1 is better. Which they could have made better.

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Red

Red

Red Lee

I'm not a horror fan.
But i did get t owatch The grudge. The japanese version wasn't as scary, and as usual the plot was kind of pointless, or confusing. There was too much mystery that I didn't have enough space to get scared. -__-

The western version is even LESS interesting comapred with the japanese version.
I watched The Ring both the japanese and western versions, and they bored me.

i found the asian version a bit too mysterious, that made me bored.
While the western ones leave me really really bored i didn't even want to finish the movie.

In my opinion, hollywood shouldn't make western versions when there are already asian ones existing. Maybe it would have been better, if they just helped promote it, or something.

Or they make horror movies of their own, and improve the old western horror flicks in the past. They did a good job with Interview With The Last Vampire.

I guess I just hate RIPOFFS. >XD

I watched the japanese version of the grudge. had friggin nightmares of a little kid for about a week! every day I woke up and looked beside me there was an object that resembled a little kid.. so yeah now im afraid fo children xD oh and girls in bloody sacks. When that one guy started going downstairs in the end of the movie I thought.. what happened to her?

Signature

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

i watched the japanese version. at night. alone

DAMN I loved IT LIKE HELL

since i dont believe in ghosts, those sorta things are darn cool to me, and it doesnt scare me XD

Americanized version, heh, i dont even wanna watch

Quote: but it didn't really end

woah, if it did end (Anaconda : Hunt for the Blood Orchid)
then thats just plain boring and not scary anymore
who'd get scared at a already vanquished / killed ghost?

also, hey, its japanese, the effects are better than american version.

it didnt look 'funny' to me in any way, and i enjoyed every bit of it.
and so did my cousins, and my parents. and the little kid my aunt looks after (he liked it, but ran off after like 15mins coz he was scared. and he's 9)

its one of my fave movies ever!
i loved it so MUCH!

Juon 2, rocked just as much!!!!!!!!!!!

otaku4eva

otaku4eva

B.O.W

i though they did a decent job on the american one. not sure about gellar though.

I saw the american version, it was pretty cool and definently made up for the last movie I saw which was The Village. My dad said The Grudge was a waste of time, but I hardly ever like the movies he does. ~_~

will america never stop stoling japanese good movies..? i'm sorry to say that but they will never do better ! they may have more money, more effects, more blood or whatever you want, but they will never find the real secret, how to frighten people without needing violence, ugly, only japanese people know that. Only some talentuous japanese directors like Takashi Miike or Hideo Nakata.

"The ring" was awful, it seemed like this stupid director didnt even watch the original film (or maybe he was drunk while he watched it), "The Grudge" was also made by Takashi Shimizu but anybody who knows well japanese cinema can guess this version was adapted for american people, so they made an easy-to-understand story (sorry but its absolutely true !) and put a lot of blood, with a very popular actress like sarah mg, and the most important : she's blonde so... just like the acress in "The ring", humhum very american i must say.

Well i'm just VERY angry against all those adaptations. Why make an adaptation of a very good movie ? if its good, it doesnt need to be remade. And their versions are always very bad.. i must say.
So the real question is : do american people have a problem with asian movies ? maybe they can't watch a movie if the actors are not all white and got blue eyes... I wonder...

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.