Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cop giving you the brights? - Minitokyo

Cop giving you the brights?

page 1 of 1 17 total items

So I had an encounter with the cops..sort of anyway.

I was driving home around 3 in the morning, some cop drives up behind me and flashes his brights at me, but this is a first for me so I didn't know what the hell that even meant so I kept driving. I didn't think it meant to pull over 'cuz he'd flash his actual lights at me if that were the case (right?) And this guy followed me almost all the way home and flashed his brights every now n' then, he didn't go away till he saw me turning into a neighborhood and then did a u-turn and went back (he was following me for 5 minutes or so).

Also just to throw it out there I was going the speed limit, (limit was 65, I was going between 60/65..hell who wouldn't when a cop is following you)
And my headlights were on, I checked.

My guess...
a) he wanted me to pull over--but after a few minutes you'd think he'd flash his lights at me considering I -wasn't- pulling over
b) he wanted me to get out of his way? Which doesn't really make sense 'cuz the road was completely empty..if he really needed to he could've gone to the other lane and sped away/and the fact that he followed me off the highway also doesn't sound like he was busy trying to get elsewhere.

Anyone know what the hell this means? I've asked around but no one seems to know.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Usually flashing lights mean pull over, but I think you were smart not to. If the cop was really trying to pull you over he would have used his colored lights after a bit (like you thought). What makes it sound even more suspicious is that he stopped following you after you turned onto your street. It's scary that there are people out there who impersonate cops in order to rob/rape the people who pull over.

Check out this article about people impersonating cops: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/16634376/detail.html?rss=pit&psp=news

If you ever feel unsafe/unsure, call 911 and the operator there can verify if it is indeed a real cop that is following you. If it is, they can also let them know that you will be proceeding to a safer location. (Places with lots of people or in front of a police station are good.)

It's a scary world out there...

Signature Image

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

You might want to check the lights on your car. I'm not sure how dutiful the police in your area is about things like that, but you should check all the same.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yeah firefly is right, in my area it happens all the time where people pretend to be police and then flash their lights to get you to pull over and that's when the horrors begin...cops won't flash their headlights at you, they will use their real lights...I have had encounters with the police when I was in a car with a busted tail light, they turned their lights on then, but just the lights and not the noise, if you continue to ignore they will use the noise...if they use neither then chances are they aren't really a cop, you made a good decision op, I think so anyways

BuBbLeS!

Signature

gountessg

Dark Angel

Well...
I can proudly say, cops like me. I'm 22 and untill now, never had a problem with them. just smile nicely and pretend I'm a bit shy and they just let me go, with only anadvertising. hee hee

what is your purpose in life?

Was the car following you marked police vehicle? It seems very strange a cop would follow you that long without turning on its color bar so I suspect it was not a real cop.

When in doubt you do not have to stop right away. Drive until you come to bright public place where there are people around. Gas station for example.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions. Hopefully it'll never happen again...but in case it does I'll be just as cautious next time (but once again, I hope there is no next time haha)

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

If you see any flashing lights, just punch it and out run em'. >:)

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

brighting you is a common thing the cop do at night the see if you swerve so they can pull you over for a DWI check. also driving at or below the speed limit is odd enough now that it is considered suspicious behavior

Quote by xellosesecretDriving at or below the speed limit is odd enough now that it is considered suspicious behavior

Following the Law is Suspicious?
(Head Desk)

ShindouShuichi

ShindouShuichi

I don't CARE about destiny.

LOL. They wanted to see your BOOBS!

O O

Quote by xellosesecretbrighting you is a common thing the cop do at night the see if you swerve so they can pull you over for a DWI check. also driving at or below the speed limit is odd enough now that it is considered suspicious behavior

xD wait..it's odd to go the actual speed limit @ night on the highway when a cop car is following you? Most ppl (at least where I live) either drive the speed limit or below the speed limit at night time (not sure why they go below but w/e) I mean I know there isn't anyone on the road which could tempt people to drive faster...but I'd think that's what cops would be looking for.

As far as trying to see me swerve by flashing their brights (constantly)...I dunno some people would swerve a bit just 'cuz that could mess you up anyway...'course I wasn't drunk so I had nothing to worry about even if they did pull me over

but some how we still need their hand..

so we could stay from bad guy..

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

I'll try to run away if i were you... XD

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

Got brighted for dancing on the side of the road once. No dancing in the streets.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.