Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 are the young people nowadays so fortunate? - Minitokyo

are the young people nowadays so fortunate?

page 1 of 1 13 total items

well i was just wondering what were your views.
tell me your 1) views
2) why

It's because i don't really feel that i'm very fortunate
why?
1) Because i feel that there's so much pressure on us.
- parents, teachers or family members seems to have high expectations on
young people
- they keep stressing the importance of excelling academically/ career-wise
- giving us extra lessons, tuitions or other lessons [piano, other languages, etc.]
- we have to rush from one place to another just to attend those courses that will
somehow in the future benefit us
- after all those lessons we have to finish the school assignments
- is there time for relaxation?

2) parents are working almost everyday! like they don't care about what happens to
their children!
- they are working to save up for their child's college/ universities fee
- teenagers don't get to see their parents much
- parents don't spend time with their children
- where's the love? concern? that they are suppose to give

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

pfft trust me kids have it better than I did in high school get this I was graded on attendance and very little on grades I learned, or had to learn more, once I got out of school, I think it's great that kids these days are being forced to learn something instead of just getting grades for attending class -_- but for the parents, well thanks to our education and not furthering, etc, well we are sort of "left in the dark" my niece these days is already doing measurements and more and she's only seven years old, I wasn't doing that until fifth grade....also parents are sometimes having too much on their plates and working too much to pay for things they don't need...like a huge house that a smaller one would be better, the economy isn't the best right now and the list goes on...but it is sad that parents aren't always aware of what their kid is really doing until it's too late -_-

BuBbLeS!

Signature

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Being 18 and a junior in high school, it seems like we have it easier, with the grade scale lowering constantly, things are getting easier...litterally. Now socially things aren't anything like they seem to be in high school movies in the 80's-Present Day. I'm not the hottest person in school, shoot I'd be lucky if I made it in the top 200, but even someone like me can go out and be-friend anyone. I'm not complaining but I know that back in the day it was extrememly hard to do that. If things like this continue......We're going to have a problem....

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

Suxinn

Suxinn

Greatest of all Clocks

I personally think that although the curriculum and the amount of learning we have to do is getting harder (because so many new things are being discovered each day), our current lifestyle is still getting easier exactly because of that.

Of course, the expectations and such that people have of us are getting higher, but I think that it's much easier to learn and understand things now than before. And, in regards to academic pressure, it helps to prepare us for real life and I believe that it will make things easier in the long run.

As for parents being too busy, that might just be because of the recession. No one seems to have money anymore, and, of course, parents want their children to have a good future and go to a good college. They don't have a choice not to work, and it's a lot harder on them than it is on us who don't see them as often as before. It's obvious that they're concerned about you and still love you. As long as you know and remember that, it won't make life any more difficult for you than before.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

wow whoever said that the younger generation and the generation growing up now is more fortunate is a frikking liar. We got all the pressure in the world on our shoulders. All stuff out there putting it like if your not in collage after you get out 'a high school that your a failure. Then you can always work or whatever but because everything is so demanding you practicly have to go to collage just to get a decent job. If its like that now just for kids and stuff coming up now and just graduating high school its gonna be even worse on the later generations.

meh sig banners are overrated

No one is that fortunate or unfortunate. It's just a matter of how you handle what comes. It's like nothing is that easy but not that difficult either. I was a failure in high school because I gave up. I couldn't handle how my parents would beat me emotionally when I get bad grades and how they pressured me everyday. It's like my mother wants me to get good grades so that she can show off to her colleagues and relatives. Family status.... I was very sick of it.
But since I entered college, I found a reason to do well. I wanted to do it for me. I don't think fortune has anything to do with it.
People who take too much pressure tend to blame others for their mistakes. I don't know if it applies but it's true for my mother.
Sometimes I feel like going really far away from my mother.... I can't really stand people ho loathe, blame and demand too much and unreasonably.
Will the new generation of adults turn out the same? I ponder upon this question.

xANNAxBANANAX3

we like cookies too!

HELL NO! (Coming from a kid) Kids nowadays are not fortunate! Back in the day things were a lot better! I feel the same way you (animes-4eva-rox) do. Life gets harder every year! Raising kids is also getting harder (usually both parents need full time jobs). Don’t have kids unless you really think it’s for you! Please!

i agree totally agree with you (xANNAxBANANAX3) it seems that life's getting harder as humans seem to continue to advance.
i dun intend to marry and have children cos i just cant imagine myself in that position!
and i dun really like commitments maybe i just selfish but times are getting harder it seems. haix... life sux? maybe ...

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol i gotta agree with kurozero. i mean times are changing and teenagers do get to see their parents less. but we have a world of opportunities that our parent never had. doors are opening for women, different races,people in different socioeconomic classes, and thats where the pressure comes from--because now you have more opportunities and your parents have more hope in your future. i don't think you can fully understand how fortunate/unfortunate your parents were unless you lived their lives, and i dont think its a worthwhile pursuit to ponder the question further. you have the cards you are dealt now and life is all about making the best of it.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

no way!i think kid these days are not fortunate because in this era they so many competitor in many ways like in study,sports because children these days become more and more clever

Signature
Member OF:ClampFans

they get influenced by the society today esp drugs, violence, and lack of parenting, its so called social distress

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

I agree with kurozerowing. I mean, it isn't really a matter about being fourtunate or not. It's how you handle it. I think that we are very fourtunate as kids to have so many opportunities. I mean, sure there is a lot of pressure on us. But there's always been pressure on students to exel. Maybe we have pressure for different things, but the past generations were just as pressured by society to live pretty much the lives our parents want us to live nowadays or to continue the family business and ect. But I think that today, in some cases it is actually easier to get by in school. I say this because of programs like No Child Left Behind and so on. I know for a fact that in places such as Bermuda, a student will be passed on to the next grade whether or not the know the material. In some cases, my friend ended up tutoring girls in fifth or sixth grade that didn't know how to multiply or divide or read very well. It really depends on the school and how the school system works. Also, I think with good time management there is time for relaxation. I feel very stressed out in my school sometimes and feel like I never have time to do nothing anymore, but eventually a time for that comes.

I do not think it's fair to say that a parent doesn't care about their child. If they work so much, in most cases wouldn't it be to give their child a better life? Help them with school? Help give them everything their child needs? If a parent didn't care about their child, wouldn't they just stop working and spend all their money on things they want for themselves or spend nights out partying in clubs or spend money on drinks and etc? Not having time for kids because of work and saving money up for a child shows exactly how much a good parent cares about their child.

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.