Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do people say good morning? - Minitokyo

Why do people say good morning?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

.::Hopeless::.

Why do people start the day off by saying good morning, isn't tha kind of depressing or is it just me? It could be just me, b/c sometimes I think I'm just dumb ^^

Signature Image
You shattered all the hopes and dreams I never had.....

Yeah in a way I agree, but I don't say good morning

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

no your not dumb. but i sometimes say good morning to people just as sort of a morning "hello how are you doing?"

Signature Image

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

i know people say it as a greeeting but i just analyzed the greeting a little too much ^^

Signature Image

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

because it's a greet to say hi to new morning after a night that we sleep in safe

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

it's a habit now, when I was small I usually came out of bed silently and never talked...then my grandma told me to be a "proper lady" you would have to smile, be cheerful and say good morning to your elders or something like that, and all I do is stare..>.>;

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

whats wrong with saying good morning? like saying hello to someone.

Signature Image

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

I'm not use to saying good morning I just simply say morning.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

it's funny you know; im not a morning person at all, so at work i generally mumble "good morning". :( fellow co-workers even poke fun at me by shouting "good morning" I cringe and say "hey, welcome back to hell". :angry:

ii never understood "good morning" and would go so far as to say there is no such thing. :(

Trever

Trever

Bishonen Hunter

dont know, its an habit i guess.. and i know that each time i ask that question to my friend she get pissed off lol, dont ask.

I'd like to break your heart and give you mine
It's taking me over
It's so insane I've gotta be
crazy indeed

Because saying "good morning" is common courtesy. It's rougly equivalent to wishing that someone to have a plesant morning so to speak.

I say good morning to the people I care about because it's how I express my respect to that person. That is how people interpret it, at least, the people in my Environment.

- R. K. Kishore

Crazyrabbit87

Crazyrabbit87

TKD Freak

i think its a custom but its still wishing people a good morning or something

like happy birthday, when you say it, its just polite and hope they will have a happy birthday but who is really happy now a days.......

i dont say good morning ...just mornin or night.....

Why settle of 'good' when you can have DIM SUM BAR!!!

OnePiece Fan

saying good morning does not mean he really hope you get good day,maybe he damns you in heart.

Signature

nothing wrong with it, but i myself never say it or any greetings really at that. im really silent i guess.....

Just like Ninja, I too only say "morning". ;)
i mean, not everyone will agree that the morning is "good" because sometimes: IT ISN'T!
Like if you had a really bad night, or you have to do something that you don't like that morning ;

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I don't usually say good morning, I just say good night. -_-;;

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by mochidzukiJust like Ninja, I too only say "morning". ;)
i mean, not everyone will agree that the morning is "good" because sometimes: IT ISN'T!
Like if you had a really bad night, or you have to do something that you don't like that morning ;

well i usually say "yo or hey" or nothing at all.

XD

beacuse they dont say "g00d night" XD
or they want to be nice =O

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

Quote by Crazyrabbit87like happy birthday, when you say it, its just polite and hope theywill have a happy birthday but who is really happy now a days....... i dont say good morning ...just mornin or night.....

very true. words of wisdom there

blu

blu

Lone wolf assassin

I agree with what leviathanrk said...
by telling good morning they kind of expect a good morning back... so you wish them to have a good morning... isnt that nice|? :D
to me its just as hello... i usually just nod to people... which can be found offensive and arrogant by some people...
imagine also when youre sad. its always nice that people pay attention to you isnt it? (actually i dont care myself too much if they pay attention to me or not xD but most of the people do...)
you would find yourself ignored and invisible... which is sometimes quite depressing...

Firefox is teh br0wser to use? Join ForceFirefox!

Proud member of:
Onetea
Inoue Kikuko
Love Hina Fanclub
Miyazaki Fanclub
loners

Still using IE?
Switch to a browser you can trust! Download Firefox!

I say good morning sometimes when I'm in a good mood.

Final Fantasy 4EVER

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

ok I made this thread like for ever ago but still not many peple are even understading what I'm asking.^^' I mean why say good morning when you MORN something isnt that sad so Why would you say that at the start of day? I'm just asking why we use the word morning^^' lol

Signature Image

PiroKitty

PiroKitty

*squ33k*

I don't say good morning...I hate mornings, therefore I say, "Morning." XD

It's definitely not my favorite time of the day but it's common courtesy. ^_^'

Quote by DarkMaiden1369ok I made this thread like for ever ago but still not many peple are even understading what I'm asking.^^' I mean why say good morning when you MORN something isnt that sad so Why would you say that at the start of day? I'm just asking why we use the word morning^^' lol

It's spelled "mourning" that's why people are answering your question with why they say "morning" or "good morning."

Signature
Avvie and signature by ShueiTenshi :D

DarkMaiden1369

DarkMaiden1369

he he he he ^^' oopps lol but still it suonds the same so that's why I had said it^^' sorry

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 33 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.