Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 5D's Exceeded Original Series? - Minitokyo

5D's Exceeded Original Series?

Tagged under Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

5D's has exceeded the original series?

Yes
10 votes
No
9 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Wslasher

Wslasher

Lone Samurai

Just a random survey.

Do you think that 5D's has exceeded the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series?

For me, to be honest, yes. 5D's has really exceeded the original not because of card games on motorbikes, but from story plot to character development.

5D's Caption: Vol.1

Angi

Retired Moderator

Angi

But it is not this day!

please stop yu-gi-oh! and so on please stop pokemon! >.<

Signature Image
This day we fight!

AngelOfChaos01

AngelOfChaos01

The Butler of Heaven

No, not for me. The whole motorcycle theme with overly punk looking characters just doesn't work for me. The only useful thing I can see out of it is the new cards they are making.

When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself.

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

you've gotta be crazy <,< 5Ds will never be as popular as DM used ta be when Yu-Gi-Oh first came out. I remember when Yu-Gi-Oh first started and EVERYONE was all over it. Even when they made the movie it was a big deal. EVERYONE knew what Yu-Gi-Oh was. Nowadays wit this 5Ds crap at an attempt to make it edgy they just need ta stop it <,<

meh sig banners are overrated

secretzfan

secretzfan

I love anmie

It has easily exceeded GX that is simple to see, but compared to the original it just isn't that great.

I am a big DBZ fan at heart, but I like other anime thanks to there storyline. DBZ is the reason I love Bleach I am a lonley person. I have no ral friends in the world, and so I go to anime and it closes up the saddens I feel with joy. [IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/SecretZfan/Ggumm.gif[/IMG]Signature Image

When I think of 5d one phrase comes to mind...
"CHILDREN'S CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES!"
So no I think the original is far better. But it is a little bit more interesting than GX.

I think the original is better than 5D's overall in terms of story and whatnot. In some ways, I even like GX better (at least Seasons 1 and 2).

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

Sorry Guys Gx seasons 3 & 4 we're ansome and 5ds no the orignal Yu-gi-oh was the best

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

ritzy-kun

ritzy-kun

Turbo Duelist

I like 5D's, and also seasons 3 & 4 of GX. Not so much the original though...

I don't really see what's so great about Seasons 3 and 4 besides some newer cards.

Judai became a total jerk to everyone most of the time (an Atem wannabe more or less) and the series put WAY too much focus on him (and Johan; much like it has been lately in 5D's with Yusei and Crow with all their cards) while pretty much everyone else is pushed to the background with little to no real important Duels (mostly filler stuff) when, in the beginning, each of them were shown pretty evenly with various important Duels themselves. Of course, still not as much as Judai, but it didn't put virtually the ENTIRE focus only on Judai and each one got a decent amount of screen time.

Not to mention the tons of unanswered questions STILL not getting (fully) answered while spawning tons of newer ones because of the way they changed the atmosphere and everything.

Seasons 3 and 4 just seem to primarily be the result of writers' caving into peoples' complaints because of those people not being able to take Yu-Gi-Oh! NOT being such a darker series where the fate of the world hangs in Duels with souls on the line and such. (And the fact that many seem to have the idea engraved in their mind that "Yu-Gi-Oh!" = Yugi must be the main character because it's "Yu-Gi"-Oh!.) Considering we already had Shadow Games AND most of Duel Monsters being that way (darker, drearier, etc), I found Seasons 1 and (most of) 2 to be quite refreshing and a nice change of pace for the series where they didn't so constantly worry about such things.

At least the GX manga is doing a MUCH better job of things so far. They manage to balance out Judai more (both attitude and that he actually lost to Manjoume and such) while still giving other people opportunities for important Duels.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh will alway's be the best in my opinion! :D

jcena18

jcena18

Golden Time Lover

Nothing Beats the Original.. XD

Yu-gi-oh first is the best Series.. but I think I like 5d's more than GX.. =D

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.