Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cops: good and bad - Minitokyo

Cops: good and bad

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

My first thread since I came back from hiatus (not that it matters). ^_^'

Checking around forums I came upon several thread concerning police officer. Cops in general will elicit strong emotion be it positive or negative. What I am curious is how many members in this site has had experience with police that you consider it good or bad.

I have not personally experienced any encounter with cop that was bad. The few times I did I deserved it (like speeding or not stopping at light) because I broke the law. I wasn't happy I was stopped but the cop was professional and not arrogant. In fact, one even let me go with a warning. And recently, two off-duty cops on vacation (San Jose, California, USA) potentially saved hundreds of lives when the plane they were on had an incident with passenger that went crazy.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12472308?nclick_check=1

If the off-duty cops weren't on that airline, that crazy passenger could have potentially harmed others on board or opened the emergency exit.

carlozzzzbr

carlozzzzbr

Otaku-freak soldier

theres "good" and "bad" cops, just as theres "good" and "bad" ppl.

Its gonna be like that they are people too. Only human. Not even the law enforcers are perfect.

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

some cops are good(many of them are in the U.S., and other nice countries) but some cops(usually found in the Philippines) are bad as in some cops in thge Philippines are with the criminals, some are asking other people for some small amounts(also known as "kotong") and some is not willing to help if you look like you don't have money.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I've never encountered any bad cops, I have encountered a lot of cops that were thinking the well being of my state of mind and try to save me the best that they can almost by force...but I have never encountered bad things from a cop, but I guess if I did do something bad then I would probably think cops are bad *shrugs*

BuBbLeS!

Signature

The thing about cops, and I know this from someone who's actually been involved in selection and promotion, is that the job, and thus the profile of the ideal worker, requires the acceptance of a certain degree of risk.

Those that are risk-takers are also more likely to abuse authority or violate the law. Events do happen, and are happily spouted by the media and anti-authority crowds. However, that is not something that is seen often, as the job has many outlets to channel that kind of energy. As such, most people who deal with "bad" cops are actually those who have invited it on themselves, whether they realize it or not.

Indeed, I and most of those I know have had only positive experiences, and the ones I know who hated cops all regularly violated one law or another.

FatalB

FatalB

Tech support

cops are people, and people are flawed. i have some police officer friends. RCMP to be specific. we all get along, and they are really cool about being. but especially in my area, Vancouver BC. our police are constantly under extreme pressure. any slip up and you get about one million bleeding hearts saying "that's police brutality!" when all they are doing is stopping some crack fiend from going ape shit. people want too many rights nowadays. if you wanna hurt someone, i figure they have the right to curb stomp you.

and of course there are bad police. usually the guys fresh out of the academy, who follow the book to the exact letter. they don't get it that the law isn't perfect and they could use their own discretion. i got one guy who actually fined me for a rolling stop.... and it was 3 am...and i was the only person on the road...and he was hiding behind some trees... i fought the ticket and won. mostly cause i asked my friend (his superior) to make him busy so he couldn't show up that day. I win!

Signature
I want my world painted black...
....in a good way.

I pose this scenario: What if we didnt have cops.....What if one day they all quit...every cop just vanished....what would the outcome be?

If you can find more logical pro's then con's then maybe you should submit that plan to your local government. But besides riots, mass-looting, sky-rocketing crime rates, increased death tolls, even shittier drivers on the freeway, and all out anarchy, the only real thing that would stop said event would be if the military was called in to take over for the police....and i doubt anyone enjoyes getting pulled over by someone with an Automatic spring-clip AR-15 assault rifle more then by a highway cop.........however anyone spins the topic, the one truth is that (and i quote the new DEA Drug Czar on this) "The average human being will only follow a given law as long as there is a chance they will get caught."

??

Behir

Behir

Corpus Ravengus

First, COPS is a super-sucking show; utterly pointless. Policemen, on the other hand, are still mediocre at best. From the point of actually commiting crime under the law, to not really knowing what the law actually consisits. For instance, in Australia, no one knows what our Constitution entitles; you are legally allowed to use public roads, whether or not you are registered or licensed to drive; they shouldn't be able to do anything about that, but they do, heavily. It's in our Constitution and always has been... see how it blows?

that depend on everybody perception cops also human and human makes mistake we can't judge only in general overall there are also some good things to you know but if you think that cops is bad that would be generalize that all of them is bad for me cops job is a risky think to do just think every day they face with some thug, mob, rubber and all the public enemy seeing them get away with their crime or even get punish not like they were used to with their crime sure they will become bad am saying this not because I defend them but sometimes I do offset with their act of pointless way so for me is fifty fifty

yoo

SPARTANDARKMU

RoZeMbErG_EvA>.<

There's a lot corruption too v.v

fujyoshi

fujyoshi

half elf flame haze

as a matter of fact my dad and my brother out west are both cops so for me thats good (:

meh sig banners are overrated

I think of cops what I think of builders, bakers, and candlestick makers.
'Police officer' is a career, not a brand of person.

Claa

Claa

Girl Strange

"cops are people, and people are flawed."

^Perfectly put. The biggest trouble we have to face in my country i the corrupt police, which has increased exponentially the past decades. In some areas here the cops are really hated, when the traffickers are almost heroes. A shame, really. ''/

cops are as bad as an as@#$le...

CrappyDude

CrappyDude

Mr. Dude

There are good , dedicated cops, as well as louzy ones.

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

there are.
but i think there bads more than good ones..

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

Well, always there's gonna be god and bad ones

Well, always there's gonna be god and bad ones(2)

hi! am no se ingles de ke trata esto?

I haven't met a bad cop, all the policemen/women i've encountered did their jobs honourably and dutifully, very strong and I respect them. They can be imtimidating sometimes because they're not there to be your buddy lol.

Slothy7

MR

Bad & Good depending on the situation , just ppl

nothing but trouble

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.