Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A question in Genesis... - Minitokyo

A question in Genesis...

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 39 total items

god was being jealous of the snake lol, adam and eve made another friend, the snake, and decided to have conversations with beings other than god, which made god JEALOUS and caused god to cast adam and eve out of the garden of eden.

Quote by mireya2You have to READ BETWEEN LINES. And the complete story. That means to get deep.

1.- It's NOT AN APPLE. It's a fruit, the Fruit of Knowledge of Evil and Good. The artist in the Renaissance painted apples because is so red and beutifull... Michelangelo, in the Sixtine Chapel s an example.

2.- WHAT WAS THE CONDITION TO PRESERVE THE PERFECT FRINDSHIP WITH GOD? To not to eat the fruit of knowledge. It was a TEST of FIDELITY.

3.- WHAT DID THE SNAKE SAID TO TEMPT ADAN AND EVE? Something like "Eat from that fruit AND YOU'LL BE AS GODS". The snake is a representation of Lucifer. It's the same image of the red dragon in Revelations, only that here he shows under a more humble disguise.
Lucifer wanted to be like God, to obtain the Grace out of Him, to be self-sufficent. That was a sin called PRIDE. With what else could Lucifer tempt Eve if not with his own ambition?: "YOU'LL BE LIKE GODS"

4.- A sin is dissobeying to God, to cut the perfect friendship with Him, called the Grace. THAT WAS WHAT LUCIFER ACCOMPLISHED. But there's something else: The sinner is always DECEIVED. THEY OBTAINED KNOWLEDGE AND THE FIRST THING THEY KNEW IS THAT THEY HAD JUST DISSOBEYED. THEY SAW THEMSELVES "NAKED" and in shame.

5.- But GOD'S ORIGINAL PLAN COULD NOT BE TWISTED. If you continue reading, God cursed the snake and the earth, BUT HE DIDN'T CURSED THE HUMAN. They had lost the Grace, their life was meant to coninue with suffering, but they weren't cursed.

6.- God makes Eve's lineage as enemy of the snake. Something like "She'll step on your head and you'll try to bite her heel". AS Hebrew religion evolved and prophets as Daniel and Isaias came, Jew scholars saw the promise of mesiahnism here.

This whole thing came mostly from an explained Catholic Bible (with footnotes) The books of the Bible were slowly written during 1,500 years (Jonh's Gospel was finished in 95 A.C.). Hebrew religion developed slowly during centuries, and its not easy to keep track with different ideologies in those times.

It's a shame that many people wouldn't read the Bible considering religion opressive or obsolette. It shows the wisedom of people that wnted to get answers about religion, the origin of evil, illness, death; their place in the universe, the true relationship with God. I recomend you to read the Poem of Job, a trully masterpiece of Literature that more that 2,000 years ago exposed human conditions that still valid today.

An explained Catholic Bible is better to get deeper clues, because other ramifications of Cristhianity don't allow intermedaries between reader and Bible, so anyone can get their own conlusions. That's why there's so much trouble with Creationist: literal reading

"I'M VERY IMPRESSED OF WHAT YOU HAD POST HERE"

Your question is: How did Adam and Eve decide to disobey God before there was any knowledge of sin? Its simple; if you believe the teachings of Christianity, Judaism etc, then you believe that God gave humankind freewill. We are also supposedly made in his image as well. As I understand it this means that we have the ability to choose right from wrong. Being Adam and Eve's descendants, according to Genesis, they also supposedly had this ability as it has passed through the generations.

Because saten tainted them with sin causing them to disobey god.

There Is No God

merged: 01-15-2010 ~ 09:58pm
Shake shake shake gets some points shake shake shake

yes i think so too

hey guys,
i

samu02

Back to Basics

Quote by MyNameIsIgnoranceThere Is No God

merged: 01-15-2010 ~ 09:58pm
Shake shake shake gets some points shake shake shake

Quote by sexyrissbergerundfabioyes i think so too

There is a God.

You'll see... well, not right now of course, that would be sad.
Just try to meet Him or something before, you know, saying that about Him.
Hmmm...

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Satan made them ate it...

adam and eve were created sinless but it never said they couldnt be tempted or push to the point were they could start thinking about disobeying god wanted to see who was or what was more important.

Adam and Eve were created sinless and Lucifer (aka the devil or whatever you call him) had seduced them into sinning and for that they were banned into a harsh reality. Now the human race suffers from that one mistake! Sin was first created by Lucifer when he first defied God, and when God banned him to the earth or hell that's when sin first came on this earth.

i dont take the genesis literally.

The snake, snake wasn't sinless

Sin needs to be defined here, Sin is the act of disobedience to God. Yes, Satan had sinned before Adam & Eve were created. (find this story in the book of Isiah) Now lets examine the story of Adam and Eve closer. All who are really interested in this forum and continue reading I suggest you pick up your Bibles and learn what it says for your selves. Study it for its historical aspects, for its spiritual aspects, and most of all for your own personal understanding of who God is and who you are.
Back to the story of Adam & Eve, begin your study in Gen.2 and read to the end of chapter 3. but for now focus on Gen.3:4. Satan is beginning the temptation of us. there is a difference between "sin" and evil. when Eve ate the fruit it was not of evil intent, it was just disobedience to God. lets look at the life that Adam and Eve were living, Didn't they already know Good? Yes they did, they didn't know evil. Evil was the knowledge that Satan wanted man to have. This is what separates us from God. For those of you who really want to understand, spend the rest of your life studying the Bible. God wanted us to stay away from this knowledge therefore commanding Adam and Eve not to eat. So why was it ever put in the garden? This is where "free will" comes in to the picture. the true test of our loyalty to God.
For those of you who do not believe in all this stuff, why do you bother wasting so much time reading and participating in a forum that you don't believe in? If your mind is made up that this thing called the Holy Bible is just a myth what draws you to a conversation of what you consider superstitious? The answer, may I add, you are searching for something deep inside of yourself that is calling to you saying, "is this all that there is?" why are we all here?
Lets all look back at the subject of "Sin" and "evil" Good and Bad! if there is no God, why do we care about good and evil? The only reason we care about "Good and Evil" is because there is a God. Another thought... there is three things that God did not create. Darkness, cold and Evil! darkness is simply, the absence of light. cold is simply the absence of heat, evil is simply the absence of good, (or God). (simple laws of physics or science)
There is something bigger than all of us that makes us think, maybe just for a moment, about being "Good" about not doing what is bad. we don't want to kill because, why? we don't want to steal, Why? Even people who don't believe in God have deep down feeling of what is good and evil. everyone can recognize in someone else whether that person is good or bad. Where does this feeling come from? Think of who you really are deep down inside of you. When your soul has been wounded, you are hurting deep inside, what is calling to you? When someone close to you has died, where do you get your comfort? Open your mind to the possibility that there is a God, and his words have been transcribed through the walks of man and wrote down in the Holy Bible. The Bible is one of the oldest books in the world. why has is survived for so many thousands of years? why are its translations are so accurate? It isn't the job of believers to prove the Bible is right,but rather the job of the non believers to prove it is wrong. And I challenge all who do not believe to do just that! prove me wrong! Not with personal beliefs or theory, but with historical, archeological, and scientific fact, that God does not exist. Until then, I will continue with my faith that God is and always will be.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made. In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. and the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend It. John 1:1-4 NKJ
May God bless everyone and your search for who and what you really are. Love to all, and to all a good and Godly life.

it was the snake, and it shows the innocence of mankind

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 39 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.