Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails? - Minitokyo

Poll: Bigger or smaller thumbnails?

Which do you prefer?

Bigger thumbnails
318 votes
Smaller thumbnails
174 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

GintheTwilightswords

GintheTwilightswords

Burn away the regret and dread.

Smaller thumbnails for sure,they're more organized.Like what some of the others have said,if you can reformat the size to compensate for the bigger thumbsnails,I'm all for it..

Signature Image
Dear sister you shall always hold a place in my heart

Unless the layout gets a complete overhaul to accommodate them, no offense but currently the large thumbnails look like crap.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

I like the big ones

Sorry for my english, is terrible...I know...!

Wraith

Scanner

Wraith

No Longer A Contributor

Bigger, cause I'm old and can't see well.

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

They don't fit on my screen's resolution, but it is easier to see the walls. :/

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

um i like the smaller ones better they're easier to browse/view trough
big ones take too much space

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

NOORsweet

NOORsweet

Cute girl thatx me Gone 2 colleg

smaller are better i guess ~_~'

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Smaller. Coz the bigger ones look un-organize and messy.

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

windyroller

windyroller

Certified Chocoholic

I prefer the smaller thumbnails. It's neater looking and seems a bit more organized. Fits better with the layout, too.

Smile; it makes people wonder what you're up to.

I am a fan of the change. UPGRADE

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Quote by dslasseyI prefer the smaller ones - they make everything look more... neat and organized. To me, the large thumbnails don't seem to fit the layout as well as the smaller ones. So either do an overhall on the layout, or do something to make them look more... right.

Completely agreed. I love bigger thumbs on principle, but the current layout doesn't suit the bigger thumbs. It makes for more scrolling most places. Now on I'm on 1680x1050 res which I imagine is on the larger end of user res; but take a look at this screenshot - http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9759/screenshot1q.gif

I only cropped out the task bar and the firefox tab bars, so effectively it takes up the entire window when I scroll to it on my userpage. Obvious change suggestions would include reducing the padding/spacing between the thumbs so that section doesn't take up the entire window. The other (minor) point is with the smaller thumbs, the submitted by/series/favorites info more or less lined up with the small thumbs. Requires a bit more thought...

Also, kind of a similar situation with the "other submissions" section - http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9480/screenshot2.gif

Again, taking up a lot of space and the four thumbs-two thumbs definitely looks odd. Immediate suggestion = reduce the spacing between the rows. Other layout solutions could be to move this section to the right-hand column so it doesn't take up so much space. I only looked quickly at those two instances for examples, but the rest of the site layout needs to be combed too so that it works for ppl on both large and small res screens.

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

Oh yeah, I thought I might as well post some screenshot too. On the behalf of those who had small res (like mine!) ^^

Frontpage: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7797/capture01072009122919.jpg
Wallpaper's: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6247/capture01072009122934.jpg
My Userpage: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7403/capture01072009122949.jpg

See how bad it is? The bigger thumbnail might look good on those who had bigger res, but not small like mine.

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

Daemoro

Daemoro

Charatouille or Bust

Smaller thumbnails since they load faster IMO.

According to my calculations, your problem doesn't exist.

Oh, and mostly anti-celeb/anti-Hollywood/anti-commercial since 1978

I prefer the small ones because you can see more things at time, it looks better, andit's no so difficult to find an old wallpapers.. O_O
But the bigger ones looks nice.. Ans its eassier to appreciate how the wallpaper looks
=3

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I also like the smaller ones. Big previews for wallpapers are nice, but they just mess up the navigation and they misalign everything. I mean, I prefer a neat and organized site, and I feel that the bigger ones undermine the cleaness of Minitokyo. Moreover, the larger images just mess with practically everything and only provide two thumbnails a row. Also, they take longer to load.

Really, there wasn't much trouble with the small thumbnails before. People can tell by a small thumbnail if the main image is something they do or do not want to see - and the small thumbail keeps things neat and professional.

quantabiru

quantabiru

Asahina Hikaru desu~!

smaller please... it makes the load slower... :(

~kitto dekiru~

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Definitely smaller. It looks more uniform/organized. (And honestly, the smaller thumb gives enough of a preview. If I want to see it bigger I'll just click on it.)

Signature Image

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Yeah, smaller. It was just so much cleaner in appearance when the thumbs were smaller. Not to mention load times are much longer then they usually are.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

I prefer the smaller ones because they are more organized and faster to load.

melaniebarrow

melaniebarrow

the only murder of herself

i prefer the largest ones because i can see better the picture, and i love big pictures..

...voglio morire, voglio affogare dentro di te, il mare del mio doloroso piacere, delle mie lacrime sanguinanti, eppure cos

Cheza1982

Scanner

Cheza1982

I prefer the larger ones. It's better to judge about a pic if it is worth looking at or not in this bigger size.

excaliburer

excaliburer

!lemonade crusher!

smaller one... because it looks more tidy...

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

I agree with the smaller ones being more organized. I also voted for this option. I don't know about smaller resolutions, but only three thumbnails take up a lot of the horizontal space on my screen. I don't mind larger thumbnails for scans and indy art, but I don't think they're necessary for wallpapers.

By the way, why do we only get a section for wallpapers and scans on our user pages? Shouldn't we also have one for indy art? Just my two cents.

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

Quote by Enyshai prefer the smaller ones because not only are they more organized but also fit the layout and load faster.

For a bigger thumbnails we have the version before download thought, there're scans, walls and art that neither look well in that size and we have to click to full view any ways xD. what i mean is that thumbnail would be bigger than the actual, but yet smaller that the submitted page and not more detailed :S. So, that doesn change too much if it looks better or not.

page 2 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 145 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.