Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Masking in Illustrator? - Minitokyo

Masking in Illustrator?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

jakiita

jakiita

Nooby waller ^_^

okay so today i got illustrator CS4 TRIAL so that i can pretty much see how it does before actualy thinknig about buying it... works great, i really like it, but there is one thing i was really used to do with Photoshop... masking... and well i know you can mask in Illustrator too, i've watched tutorial and stuff... but all i found was how to mask ...... everything outside of the box... or circle, or w.e shape you made...

now what i want to know is... is it possible to draw a shape and select inverse?... if i go in selection and click select inverse... it selects all other layers (that are not locked) Whats that kind of (sorry) Crap? err i guess i'll have to get used to it but ehhhh...

anyone knows if i can... lets say... draw a face, then the hair... then i make the clothes, i want the clothes to go over the hair so i put it over the hair layer... and then mask a part of the clothes cause some hair show on "It" ? (hope that made any sense, yay foreign language)

or do i actually have to draw the hair, draw the clothes, then draw hair over the clothes?

what do you guys do ~_~

i know i've been posting a bunch of "help for this and that" but im learning and i appreciate the help i can get :S i like to look for tutorial myself but all the video and whatnot i found are to "Make a box over your drwaing and hide everything outside the box, voila you got a mask" that ... isn't helping me :S

Signature
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

don't know i will work with other vector programs like freehand MX or Corel also

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.