Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Soccer lover - Minitokyo

Are you ok with the amount that players win per month ?

Yes
8 votes
No
5 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

So I posted it here because I don't want to talk about the sport, but about its consequences.
So, I'm very intrigued about, you, soccer lovers think about this :
I am not against soccer, even if I admit I'm not interesting in watching twenty-two players running after a ball while 90 minutes ...

But what "chocks" me is the fact that they are considered as something really more important than the rest of the population. For example, their salary isn't it a bit too big ? Winning more than 10 000euros per month isn't it ridiculous ?
I think that today, they play more to win this incredible amount of money than for playing soccer. Do they really take pleasure playing ? Or are they just interested in making themselves popular ?

Moreover, they are considered only as merchandises, not human ! For example, in France, Lyon wants a player (Chamakh) from Bordeaux, but the president of Bordeaux doesn't want to "sell" him for 7 000 000euros, just because he can make his team win. But if Lyon is able to offer, I think it's, 12 000 000 euros, he can go there. Where are their pride ? Where are their dignity ?

Aren't there too much 0 in their salary or price ?
What do you think about this market ?

While there's life, there's hope

I'd say Tiger Woods make way too much money for a sport... that's actually barely a sport that only people with no lives play/watch
And for transfer activities, i think that's what it makes things interesting and I dont think players would want to stay in a single club all their life, especially in a crab garbage one. And even for the clubs, its a good way to circulate business and get money when they dont have much.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Of course, it would be pitiable if the have to stay in the same club all their lives, but isn't it too much ? If they want to join the club, why do they ask for a such amount ? I know that money don't fall from the sky, but I really think that several millions is too much. Why do they need so much ? I really don't understand. Training equipments are so expensive ? Or is it simply because of players' salary ?

Dude its just business and a lot of people prefer it that way instead of just giving and taking players. Buying and selling players are usually between 2 clubs although some players can request a transfer. They need millions because soccer makes big money and if players are good enough, they'll buy the players with millions. They makes millions each year, especially big name clubs who win championships and other cups and stuff. And they use that money to buy better players, improve their squad and win more championsips and gather more fans. If its a famous player, there will be more fan support and more chances of winning more titles which is basically good business strategy in the long run. And like I said golf wastes a lot more money paying players to play their gay games and they waste too much good land to make golf the boringest game (not worthy to be called sport in my opinion) on earth
Just compare the fans. Soccer has thousands of fans per game in a stadium all screaming and enthusiastic for the club they support and golf is just bystanders clapping at golfers make their swings.
I seriously dont understand how Tiger Woods is the highest paid athlete playing the boringest game on earth
Anyway nobody's that stupid to buy players with millions and tens of millions without expecting something in return. They buy and sell players because they have things in mind and because the players are worth the money. Just look at Christiano Ronaldo, he was bought for somehwere less than 20million (I dont know his exact price from 6 years ago) from Sporting Lisbon and was sold for 80million. You see my point? Good business

Yeah, I don't understand why Tiger Woods win so much too for this boring sport...XD

Next, I understand your point of view, and understand better why they are paid so much.
But, I can't accept it XD. But it's because we don't see it from the same angle. In fact, I just see what the players win and the amount of money clubs have. I know they work and train really hardly to reach their level. But they're sports which are really interesting to watch but players don't win so much and they attract people too, like martial arts, cycling (even if it's rising), and others...I've just got the impression that now, players are more attracted by money than by the sport.

Well you know if people can just play soccer for the fun of it, it wouldnt be as fun because they might not give it their best. Since money is on the line and since soccer players' salary depends on how well they play, they push themselves to unleash their full potential. If they played for free without the care of money they might not always give their best. Also all jobs consider their pay. Sometimes people might not have wanted to become a lawyer or a doctor but since it has good pay, they had to pick that job. Everybody has money in their mind whatever the job is. And as you say, some people pursue the teams with highest pay or the most prestige but how can you say that's wrong? If you or I was in their shoes, personally I would want to go to a big club and make the most money i can get. If you play with really bad club with really bad players, even if you want to play your best, you cant because everybody else around you plays bad and you cant improve unless you play with the best players and learn from them. That's one of the reasons players seek to go to a big club. Also think of their span of their jobs. Since they're athletes, they can only play until about 40 years old max. Most people quit somehwere around 35. And since they've been training to be a soccer player all their life, after their career as a soccer player is over, they have nothing much left to do in society. So I think its good for them to be paid a lot so they can save the money and start a business or something

It's fun, I understand better now...But not entirely...XD

I understand perfectly that players want to improve themselves and that's the reason why they change club. But if good players don't stay in a team which is average, then, this team can't evolve because, if I've understood you well, players with a good potential will join a big team to improve himself, but if all good players go joining them, then, how can an average team evolve ? Average players need good players to improve themselves, right ?
After that, even if it's very difficult to reconvert themselves after their career, I don't think they need more than 10 000 000 per month to live until they die... I can assure you that you can live your entire life with this amount of money if you earn it only just a month or two...I know that live is expansive but don't exaggerate... It's only a good if they want to start a business...but there are not much...

When there is such a big interrest in soccer (here in germany it is) an thousands of people want to watch the game then it's fair to pay then a lot of money and only the best player are payed very well

i'm the only one that vote "no"

Yeah... But I don't want to vote on my own thread... And moreover, I think you've understood what I'm thinking about it... XP

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

2nd one to vote no...
XD

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

Of course, it would be pitiable if the have to stay in the same club all their lives, but isn't it too much ? If they want to join the club, why do they ask for a such amount ? I know that money don't fall from the sky, but I really think that several millions is too much. Why do they need so much ? I really don't understand. Training equipments are so expensive ? Or is it simply because of players' salary ?

Quote by zatchbeelOf course, it would be pitiable if the have to stay in the same club all their lives, but isn't it too much ? If they want to join the club, why do they ask for a such amount ? I know that money don't fall from the sky, but I really think that several millions is too much. Why do they need so much ? I really don't understand. Training equipments are so expensive ? Or is it simply because of players' salary ?

Why did you copy exactly what I wrote ? XD
Did you want to write or answer something about this ?

it's all about business, and soccer is one of business which can make profit.
and i agree what foolie said, more people watching games, more income for players :)

i am not a fan

DemonFoxKira

DemonFoxKira

demonfoxkira.deviantart.com

I was like you before then I started watching and love it :D . It's just like any other market but in a bigger way. But I do agree that the famous players like C.Ronaldo, Rooney, Kaka and so on win unbelievable amount of money each week. Other jobs just don't earn as much but I think that as long as they do what they are paid for then it's ok.

Lot of people pay to watch soccer and a large part of this money goes to the players.
And anyway some other sports have higher-paid sportmans.

It doesn't make them better persons, just well-known, it's just that leasure is seen important... See also the actors, comedians, musicians...

And being a professionnal sportman requires sacrifices. In the example of soccer, most of them begin when they are young, so it's harder for them to have a normal education, leasure time... and they aren't even sure to succeed even if they tried hard, and they may have a hard time finding another thing to do if they aren't talented/lucky/hard-working enough.

Considering you are french, I am surprised you ask this here.

I probably like watching football (soccer), I am not really sure if it's a true liking because there's only one team I love watching and even if another team plays an attractive football, I don't really feel interested.

Signature

Dc0

Dc0

Drink Strawberry Milk

Well what you say is true OP but let me point out that what you are talking about is only applicable to the west. I am asian and the players here earn so little... There are big time players that are millionaires but the average players are ;_;...

Signature Image
"Hey big fella. It'll take more than a blow like that... to break my soul!" -Sakata Gintoki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Dc0

gountessg

Dark Angel

well. live it's more fun. I do have two soccer teams I go to watch all weekends. and it's fun. like therapy cause by supporting them I get to scream and spend all energy I can't during the week

what is your purpose in life?

Oooohhh... I'm really surprised! I only knew about this today...that soccer players make much money. I think they're making it a business already!

Hell yeah, Chelsea FC!

ragebolt

ragebolt

loser w/ over confidence issues

I, Ragebolt Von Mclovin, pledges my loyalty to Lyon. Please, let me kick your balls...

I surely would go to any country if it means i'm going to be treated like a VIP and get 12 000 000 euros. I would kick any "safe to kick" ball if thats what they ask and i will run around for 90 minutes if also required....

I will accept either the 12 000 000 or the 7 000 000 euros.

Soccer players are humans too, would you have refused that amount of fame and money if that were you?

P.S.

would any country like to hire a jackstone player? fame and glory could be mine!
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/ragebolt/Alt/thetrash.jpg

My Professor on Art once asked me to recite the different types of arts, i said Martial arts.., I went home early that day.
Why work for 6 pack abs when you can get just 1 big pack.

Please, just read it correctly. I'm not talking about the relationship between money and players... I'm talking about the salary they earn and the way they're treated. So if you want to answer to this thread, just read it before answering...
ANd I don't really have balls... Since I'm a girl

ragebolt

ragebolt

loser w/ over confidence issues

Quote by rageboltI, Ragebolt Von Mclovin, pledges my loyalty to Lyon. Please, let me kick your balls...

I surely would go to any country if it means i'm going to be treated like a VIP and get 12 000 000 euros. I would kick any "safe to kick" ball if thats what they ask and i will run around for 90 minutes if also required....

I will accept either the 12 000 000 or the 7 000 000 euros.

Soccer players are humans too, would you have refused that amount of fame and money if that were you?

P.S.

would any country like to hire a jackstone player? fame and glory could be mine!

Arghs, i think galiphene has a point and i would like to admit my fault in posting such a misleading comment.

It was supposed to be a sarcasm on the case she shared, pointing out that the money offered to soccer players are just way too big that it's already unfair to everyone else not receiving such offer.
Lastly i never intended to involve anyone's genitals in this comment it was just a humor touch, and it was even addressed to lyon.
it was supposed to sound like someone very important is taking upon a very important job that happens to be just kicking balls inside a field.

Having explained myself, i would like to point out that i would never have the initiative to kick the balls of someone that i share the same ideals to. I too believe that soccer players are over payed and over famed.
http://imagehoster.us/uploads/5a9508c136.gif

My Professor on Art once asked me to recite the different types of arts, i said Martial arts.., I went home early that day.
Why work for 6 pack abs when you can get just 1 big pack.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.