Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A caretaker for forum site - Minitokyo

A caretaker for forum site

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

nikko3

nikko3

The Little Princess is here...

I would like to suggest a new status for members who is active in forum site. Instead of having Moderators/Elites to supervise the forum site. Why not promote some normal members who are active, worthy and contributing in this site to help supervising it together with the frontline of MT staffs? Their main duty is to keep the coordination of the forum threads and have the authority of closing the thread. I suggest this because not all the members in MT are able to play with photoshop program. I am one of them. Why not give them a chance to contribute to this site without needling the need to be well-tought in photoshop skills? I can say, none of the staffs of MT is blind in photoshop. None of them are. MT community shall not bind those who can and cannot converse good in photoshop. Everyone should have a fair share to contribute to the site that they like.

Whether this idea is good or not, all I hope is give them the fair recognition that they deserved.
Thank you. niko.

Signature
	ImageMerry Christmas Aqi-chan, Trofi-chan and Chrisp-san! Hope you all have a warm Christmas day! Thanks for your kind wishes and cards! >:D
Spectacular, stunning. Just look at my Mukuro avatar and Hibari signature image, they are made just for me by chrisp-san.
Mukuro, mukuro, mukurou-chan [Oya?]
Hibird, hibird, namimori~ [Sa!]

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

that is true but I believe the member should be an older member at least a year old, nothing personal but the new ones, with that sort of "power" based on how people are banned and return, restricted, that could leave a mess...the dedicated players/members should be rewarded, nothing personal to you, but the older members, that have no knowledge of photoshop should be able to help out, that way it can take some of the heat/weight off the mods...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

Moderators and elite members are not chosen on how well they can draw or make wallpapers, they're chosen for their maturity and contribution to the community. We have different staff attending to different parts of the site, such as Gallery moderators, Forum moderators, Scan moderators etc.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Echoes Maple.

Case in point: Have you seen my non-existent gallery? ;) Anyway, if you are not artistically inclined you can participate in the forum discussions or join some groups. However, if you'd like to have an active role in the site, you can add tags to submissions or report gallery items that violate the MT Policy. (though for the latter, you'd probably want to become well- acquainted with the Policy first...)

Signature Image

nikko3

nikko3

Quote by angelxxuan that is true but I believe the member should be an older member at least a year old, nothing personal but the new ones, with that sort of "power" based on how people are banned and return, restricted, that could leave a mess...the dedicated players/members should be rewarded, nothing personal to you, but the older members, that have no knowledge of photoshop should be able to help out, that way it can take some of the heat/weight off the mods...

The process to choose the caretaker of Forum site should be the same way as how the Moderators/Elites are chosen as. Except that they are artistically blind. I was thinking the same thing as you are when I choose to discuss this subject here. A helping hand would always be welcome to lessen the works carry on by the Moderator/Elite.

Quote by MapleRoseModerators and elite members are not chosen on how well they can draw or make wallpapers, they're chosen for their maturity and contribution to the community. We have different staff attending to different parts of the site, such as Gallery moderators, Forum moderators, Scan moderators etc.

I'm not saying they choose Moderators/Elites based on their knowledge in photoshop program. What I'm trying to say is wouldn't it be nice to acknowledge members who do not possess any artistic values, and praise for their contibution in the non-artistic site. For instance, the forum site. Because I found out there are quite a number of people who can't contribute to this site in terms of artistic level. This is what I'm trying to say.

Based on your saying on how they choose the Moderators/Elites, I feel it is not a fair process. Because you choose based on their contribution and maturity. But how about the other members who are artistically blind? Do you decide not to choose them because they lack of this? You say, you have different staff attending to different site like Forum Moderator. Why do you not consider this option for the non-artistic members? I am referring to those members who are worthy for their contribution and artistically blind to get promoted.

I'm not against the photoshop skills or how do you promote a Moderator/Elite. I hope you could give a fair chance to everyone to contribute to MT. Whether one possess photoshop skills or not, given of their maturity and contribution. They should be in the same spot as the rest.

Quote by fireflywishesCase in point: Have you seen my non-existent gallery? ;) Anyway, if you are not artistically inclined you can participate in the forum discussions or join some groups. However, if you'd like to have an active role in the site, you can add tags to submissions or report gallery items that violate the MT Policy. (though for the latter, you'd probably want to become well- acquainted with the Policy first...)

I saw that you used to submit something to MT and you remove them from this site. Well, I know at least you have received some favourites. And you are active in Forum site.

Thanks for your suggestion. That's what I'm trying to do now. I think I'm going to skip the latter part cuz I'm not that familiar with this site yet.

Signature
	ImageMerry Christmas Aqi-chan, Trofi-chan and Chrisp-san! Hope you all have a warm Christmas day! Thanks for your kind wishes and cards! >:D
Spectacular, stunning. Just look at my Mukuro avatar and Hibari signature image, they are made just for me by chrisp-san.

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

The forum is not so active or problematic that the current staff can't keep up in moderating it. And as fireflywishes said, site staff are chosen based on contribution and maturity. When we say contribution, we do not mean activity per se, we mean helpfulness. I hope you're not re making a backhanded request to become staff, because we don't consider such behavior to be mature at all.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

nikko3

nikko3

Quote by MarissaThe forum is not so active or problematic that the current staff can't keep up in moderating it. And as fireflywishes said, site staff are chosen based on contribution and maturity. When we say contribution, we do not mean activity per se, we mean helpfulness. I hope you're not re making a backhanded request to become staff, because we don't consider such behavior to be mature at all.

I do understand what you mean by the word contribution. I'm not saying just simply promote someone based on how active a person is. This is for someone who is worthy to be elected as the said post. Someone who really deserved to be. As I am new here. I do not have any intention to be one too. Imagine how much works one need to do. I don't have that much time and the commitment to serve. As a fellow member, it is not wrong for me to forward my point of view. At least, I have done my duty, the moderators here have listen to what I say. This is just a mere suggestion from a fellow member.

I see, is that how you presumption one member when he/she trying to discuss about this issues? Hm.. another case-sensitive issue.. :hmpf:

merged: 08-18-2009 ~ 01:15pm
To the Moderators,

May I know if is it against the rules and regulations if I write in my own userpage guestbook? I have written one post in my guestbook and it is missing now. I want to know what happen to my post in my own guestbook.

Thank you.

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

You are correct in that our current forum moderators are somewhat absent, which may need to be looked into.
And I do like the suggestion of having forum staff who is actually participating in the discussions :).

edit: to reiterate the previous posters though: staff is not chosen on their artistic skill, so whether the forum moderators are artistically able or not is irrelevant =).

nikko3

nikko3

Quote by SheqelYou are correct in that our current forum moderators are somewhat absent, which may need to be looked into.
And I do like the suggestion of having forum staff who is actually participating in the discussions :).

Yes, that is what I'm trying to put forward in this case. A helping hand is always welcome. Especially for those who are artistically blind.
Ah, you really get my point! Kudos! :D

Thank you, Sheqel for listening to my suggestion. You are definitely different from your staffs. They didn't even try to listen and understand my view before stating their point of view. My heart went sour reading their posts. :hmpf:

Another suggestion, hiring a PR would be handy when it comes between members and Minitokyo instead of having Moderators/Elites to handle.

Signature

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by Sheqeledit: to reiterate the previous posters though: staff is not chosen on their artistic skill, so whether the forum moderators are artistically able or not is irrelevant =).

You didn't seem to understand that when other moderators said it, so let's see if the fourth time is the charm. Not participating to the gallery should not be looked at as a qualification, as you seem to be suggesting.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

vitaamin

vitaamin

DUKE 2010 NCAA CHAMPS!

lol i'm going to echo what's been said by the other moderators and point out another thing: just because some of the elites/mods were wallers before they because elites/mods does not mean that all of them were. i would like to direct you to the staff page and encourage you to go through their galleries before making these assumptions.

furthermore, if you really want to help, i think its better to take action (i.e telling mods which threads you think need to be closed etc) instead of being rude to the moderators. i have read all the moderator posts and nowhere do i see them being rude to you. we are here trying to address your point of view.

Signature Image
vector-wallers tag-licious

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

nikko3: I never submitted vector art nor wallpapers and I'm barely able to 'compose' the background of my UP skin... but I just became a mod. So I quote firefly's post.
And as Vita said: just try to help out Spystreak and other forum mods reporting posts or threads!
MT members that come here just to chat on the forums aren't bad members at all... just try to be active and to contribute the best you can.

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

nikko3

nikko3

Quote by Sheqeledit: to reiterate the previous posters though: staff is not chosen on their artistic skill, so whether the forum moderators are artistically able or not is irrelevant =).

So, am I clear that everyone have a fair chance to be elected as Forum Moderator whether they are artistically able or not? If this is true then, my objectives have been fulfilled. :)

ps/ You should have explain this to me earlier..

Quote by MarissaYou didn't seem to understand that when other moderators said it, so let's see if the fourth time is the charm. Not participating to the gallery should not be looked at as a qualification, as you seem to be suggesting.

Ah, now you said it. I am even more clear now. :)

Quote by vitaamin-sanlol i'm going to echo what's been said by the other moderators and point out another thing: just because some of the elites/mods were wallers before they because elites/mods does not mean that all of them were. i would like to direct you to the staff page and encourage you to go through their galleries before making these assumptions.

furthermore, if you really want to help, i think its better to take action (i.e telling mods which threads you think need to be closed etc) instead of being rude to the moderators. i have read all the moderator posts and nowhere do i see them being rude to you. we are here trying to address your point of view.

I'm not saying they are wallers or not. Let me quoted my own words,

Quote by nikoI can say, none of the staffs of MT is blind in photoshop. None of them are.

Is this assumption of mine is anyway incorrect? Please name the staff(s) who is blind in photoshop program so that he/she can be my role model. I need one to get in touch about how things work in Minitokyo especially the tagging system. I'm still feeling confused about it. ~_~

Why is it I'm feeling I'm the one who is being rude here? ~_~ I'm not talking about the "warm" treatment I received in this thread. I'm talking about the way everyone handled my case. Sorry for not explaining earlier but I thought this is a personal issue. Not meaning to talk in public places. If you want to know, just ask me personally.

since, you bring this up here, I might reply you back here:

I see, you already make your judgment on my action. May I ask you, what I am doing creating this thread of suggesting a new caretaker for forum site? Am I not helping at all in this case? Is that what you want to tell me? Are you implying that members like me should not participate in the Minitokyo forum in the first place? Should have not create this forum thread? Should have not discuss about this issue? Should have just accept everything in silent and keep my objection in silent? If this is what you mean, I am disappointed in the way you handle my case.

By the way, I am taking my action to help Minitokyo by creating this thread. :) Thank you and could you tell me how do I know which thread are to be left open or closed? Thanks. niko.

Quote by kayurachannikko3: I never submitted vector art nor wallpapers and I'm barely able to 'compose' the background of my UP skin... but I just became a mod. So I quote firefly's post.
And as Vita said: just try to help out Spystreak and other forum mods reporting posts or threads!
MT members that come here just to chat on the forums aren't bad members at all... just try to be active and to contribute the best you can.

Are you photoshop blind as well? :o
Yea, that's what left to do when we are artistically blind. Less contribution need to be done. What is your line of duty in Minitokyo? Your main duty.
Well, thanks again for this suggestion. I think I will take part in this when I learn which thread should left open or closed.
Eh? I didn't say anything about members who are active in forum site. I never say they are bad members. You must have misunderstood me. ^_^'
Hm.. I know what I should do when I'm trying to pin-point my suggestion in future! XD

Signature

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by nikko3Why is it I'm feeling I'm the one who is being rude here? ~_~

Well, you did pretty much say that the current mod staff weren't chosen fairly on account of we've all participated in the gallery at some point. I think you would be very hard pressed to find any really active member who has never contributed even a scan to the gallery (and by the way, it takes zero artistic skill to hunt down a scan online and submit it, might take some good search engine skills, but Google is not Photoshop).
Any member can coordinate discussions in the forum. If that's all they want to do, then they don't need any special title or privileges. And threads so very very rarely need to be closed that it's not a burden on the moderators or elites to just do it themselves, no need to "take off the heat."

Signature Image

nikko3

nikko3

Quote by MarissaWell, you did pretty much say that the current mod staff weren't chosen fairly on account of we've all participated in the gallery at some point. I think you would be very hard pressed to find any really active member who has never contributed even a scan to the gallery (and by the way, it takes zero artistic skill to hunt down a scan online and submit it, might take some good search engine skills, but Google is not Photoshop).
Any member can coordinate discussions in the forum. If that's all they want to do, then they don't need any special title or privileges. And threads so very very rarely need to be closed that it's not a burden on the moderators or elites to just do it themselves, no need to "take off the heat."

First of all, I just read back my earlier post and I am sorry for the spelling mistake I've done in your name.

Please note, I am just taking myself as an example. I do not ask anything more than this.

Let's take me for example. I am artistic blind and I do not have any photoshop skills. Which part in Minitokyo that you think you can find me hanging out most actively? I will try to list out based on my experience since I became a member. Mostly would be the Forum site, groups, visiting other members, browsing some artworks but unable to leave comments on them. Because I am artistically blind I can't differentiate what is good or bad artwork. I can't tell when a scan is inappropriate in sizes/qualities or a stolen item. In fact, I would not contribute as much as I can in the site that required a basic knowledge of Photoshop. I have no other option where to go except the Forum site where it doesn't require any of those. Because of this, I am making most of my contribution in the Forum site than any other sites in Minitokyo. In other words, Forum site has become my field of expertise. Giving that I have the level of maturity that a Moderator/Elite had and the contribution was done accordingly. So, if you are looking for a Forum Moderator, who would you choose? I would be the best candidate because I am excel in the Forum site despite having the same level of qualification as other.

Being artistically blind, sometimes it pay in an unintentionally way. Maybe because of something that we lack, then we are good in other field.

Well, different staffs attend to different sites, I guess the job is distribute according on how much ones' feel like it. I mean, a Mod/Elite choose their own field of duty based on their feeling. Like choosing the path of your life. But what I see here, the current Forum Moderators do not seem very happy with their duty. I admit, I do not know anything about the current Forum Moderators. This is just my thought which lead me to have this suggestion. Based on their level of activity in the Forum site. They just seem to be here when there is a thread need to be close or addressing some issues. I don't see them mix with the public members. I thought, a Forum Moderator is someone who enjoy talking with people and because of this, he/she was chosen as one. So, I'm thinking maybe they do not have the enthusiasm or they just don't feel happy with their duty. This is just my guessing. I'm not addressing the Forum Moderators in any bad ways. I'm sorry if my thought really upset the Forum Moderators.

If this is true, then wouldn't it be nice to have someone who can actually take over their duty like a caretaker? Someone who really have fun and enjoy meeting with people.

The concept I'm trying to forward here is the same as what happen in the Corporate world. Why is only men who dominate the top position? Why can't women do the same? Why is it so different between a man and a woman? I'm not referring to the discrimination. More to the fact that everyone can have a fair chance to be in the top position equally. Men and women are standing on the same level. Another example, President Barrack Obama, the first Africa-American president.

I'm bringing in this concept because in Minitokyo it does seem to differentiate 2 sides of members. Artistically blind and the other way.

I'm quite happy to know the fact from what Sheqel told me earlier about the revelation in artistically able or not. When he said this, I am clear that everyone here have a fair chance to get elected as Moderator. Why would I bring this subject? I found out that it is very hard to find a person who can really fit in as I describe to join the staff members of Minitokyo. But that cannot prove that this person does not exist in the time we are discussing this (or in the coming years). Just say, how many members do you have today? 600,000++ members? From this figure, do you have any confidence that one/two would fall in my description? Or maybe we are waiting for them to join Minitokyo in future? Eventhough the percentage of getting this person is very small, or very least to meet them but at last, I still have hope that this person one day probably will become the next Moderator in Minitokyo.

Minitokyo will change one day. Nobody can predict the future. I'm not asking you to implement this concept on the spot but rather keep is as a note in mind for future reference. Suggestion is made to help the present and for the future prospect. You can’t be sure that you will be here all the time, because maybe the next day, you are gone or retiring from your Moderator duty. Then the next person is going to take over your duty. So, before this happen why not take this concept and really think of its possibility that it will become true. And Forum Moderator is the first step in making this changes.

Personally, I do prefer to have a Forum Moderator whom participate in the forum site and mix-well with the normal members like me. Its just sound so much fun hanging around someone who really enjoy themselves and a part of the staffs at the same time.

Signature

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Quote by nikko3Please note, I am just taking myself as an example. I do not ask anything more than this.

Yeah right.

Don't know about others but the only thing that comes pretty clear from your essay is that you are DYING to become a forum mod.

But talk about irrelevance. What relation do Obama and feminism have with any of this? don't resort to this kind of things if you're incapable of making a point. Or understanding what others keep trying to tell you since the first staff reply. Don't worry, won't type it yet again in hopes you somehow will already get it and also I don't feel like it. It's already there.

Gotta tell you, in MY opinion, asking to get promoted does not look good. Because this is an online community not your work place.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

Can I just be blunt here? Arguing about whether all the mods/elites are PS savvy, and throwing around Mod wannabe accusations is silly, and not solving this problem.

nikko3, thanks for your suggestion, but another member status is not going to be made. the only thing I can tell you to do if you want to help MT so bad, is to report anything you think to be against the rules, and feel good knowing you're helping out the staff without need of any special status'.

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.