Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [Release]Minitokyo Image Sorter v1 - Minitokyo

[Release]Minitokyo Image Sorter v1

page 1 of 1 6 total items

This package contains two applications. The Minitokyo Image Sorter and the Multiple Directory Image Viewer. This packaged solution allows you to sort your images to stay organized and improve thumbnail loading time.

Minitokyo Image Sorter

This small utility sorts your images based on the current Minitokyo naming convention:

Minitokyo.[Anime Title].[Image/Submission Type]_[Numbers] - Ex.Minitokyo.Bleach.Wallpapers_399131

This can be used on any folder containing images from Minitokyo (even with sub-directories). Other images from other sites will also be sorted however they will be placed under the "Other Images" folder. In this version, you can sort by:

-Anime Title
-Image/Submission Type
-Anime Title then Image/Submission Type
-Image/Submission Type then Anime Title

Multiple Directory Image Viewer

This is an extra utility used by the Image Sorter. The Multiple Directory Image Viewer allows you to view all the images under one root directory. It is provided to allow you to view your sorted images. This program can also be executed without the Minitokyo Image Sorter for custom viewing. You must use your keyboards arrow keys to navigate.

Screenshots
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/sshhoott/Screenshot01.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/sshhoott/Screenshot02.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/sshhoott/Screenshot03.png

Requirements
-Windows
-.NET Framework 3.5

Download
Version 1- MediaFire - 539.41 KB
Version 2 - MediaFire - 505.45 KB

Feedback
I am willing to accept any constructive feedback you may have. Especially any bugs or exceptions you may encounter while using these two programs. I will also accept new sorting methods from users that want a specific sort. Just provide the sorting details with images if possible so I get a sense of what you want.

Thanks,
S0ulDrag0n

I'd like to thank Sheqel and fireflywishes.

Sheqel - Thanks for creating Minitokyo and giving me permission to post this.
fireflywishes - Thanks for getting a hold of Sheqel for me.

Known Bugs
-Deleted Submission Type not added

Fixed Bugs
-IOException on overwrite when destination is a sub-directory of the source
-Percentage Display Not Working

ChangeLog
-Check other posts or read the included read me

Signature

Wow, this is just what I need.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

After playing around with this program, here are my 2 cents.

-For those that are lazy (like me, no offense), this program offers a efficient way to help you sort the images in a organized manner.
-For those who are already organized, this program offers little use.

Bugs (if you think it is)

-Utility does not sort images if you already rename the original file name.
e.g. Minitokyo Scans and MT Scans are not group together.
Minitokyo_Scans is not the same as Minitokyo.Scans.

-User must know where their images are in the first place in order find this program handy.
It would be great if this utility has the ability to scan across multiple disk and find images belonging to MT.

-Overwrite mechanism does not work, when doing so will render a IO error saying file is in use by another process.

Signature

Quote by tiki223After playing around with this program, here are my 2 cents.

-For those that are lazy (like me, no offense), this program offers a efficient way to help you sort the images in a organized manner.
-For those who are already organized, this program offers little use.

Bugs (if you think it is)

-Utility does not sort images if you already rename the original file name.
e.g. Minitokyo Scans and MT Scans are not group together.
Minitokyo_Scans is not the same as Minitokyo.Scans.

-User must know where their images are in the first place in order find this program handy.
It would be great if this utility has the ability to scan across multiple disk and find images belonging to MT.

-Overwrite mechanism does not work, when doing so will render a IO error saying file is in use by another process.

This program is for those who haven't sorted their collection yet. If you have a particular sorting style you wouldn't mind sharing with the rest of us, then by all means.

As for naming, if you did rename the file, the file is put under the "Other Images" folder. This program is oriented for Minitokyo so there isn't much I can do for different filenames other than this. Let me know if I missed something.

The current version won't let you set the drive as a source since going through the useless folders would be pointless and time consuming. If enough people feel that this could be a feature they want, then I will look into adding this feature (actually, I will look at it now).

Finally, I thought got that IO error fixed. It started happening once I loaded the image for resizing. I think I have the solution to the problem and I'll work to get that fixed. For now, try not to use that feature until I get the new version up.

Thanks for the feedback.

-S0ulDrag0n

EDIT: If you could, package up a IOException screenshot with anything the two programs may have generated and send it to me via email for pm. I don't seem to be getting the exception when I run it. Thanks.

NOTE: If the file also exists in the "Other Images" folder, then the program will try to place it under the destination root directory. If the file exists there, then the file is skipped.

EDIT2: I just made fixes to the program (download the updated version above), see if the IOException still occurs. If it does, send over the files that the programs have generated (*.pdb and the Self Diagnositic Trace log). Thanks!

Signature

Sadly the new version still gives the same error.
On a side note, thanks to those who uploaded those images!
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3968/ioexcep.th.png

Signature

For those who get this exception error, you are probably creating a sub-directory at the source folder and using that as the destination. Thus what will happen is the program will try to overwrite the existing files with itself. It will be unable to since it's trying to overwrite the file it is using to copy. This will not affect sorting to another folder elsewhere, as long as it is not a sub-directory at the source.

I will try to prevent users from doing this in the next update.

Thanks!

-S0ulDrag0n

EDIT: The new fixed version is online. Just download from the link in the first post as always. Now, it will warn you if the destination directory is a sub-directory of the source directory. If this is a problem for some users, which I doubt since you can sort to another directory that is not a sub-directory of the source, then I will make the changes in version 2.

merged: 10-07-2009 ~ 02:52am
Bump for Version 2. If a moderator or administrator could change the topic title by removing the "V1", that would be great.

Quote:
Change Log for Version 2
-Code Re-written
-UI Re-designed
-Memory Optimized
-Implemented Partial GOF Design
-New Directory Search Dialog
-New Overwrite Dialog
-"Overwrite" and "Do Not Overwrite" All Working
-Auto-Skip files with same hash (exact same file)
-Auto-tag file copies with "(Copy)" tag and placed in sorted folder
-Drive searching is now allowed
-Excluded folder list added
-List filtering added
-Flow Operation Controlled
-Fixed all overwrite operations
-Multiple Directory Image Viewer re-written and updated to match sorter
-Drive searching
-Excluded list embedded

Make sure you let me know if you have found any bugs although I tested this one thoroughly. The download link is in the first post.

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.