Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 DeviantArt's change in policy politic - Minitokyo

DeviantArt's change in policy politic

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

I see that DeviantArt's politic changed lately, interesting. they seems to change their minds about vector arts. as I understand from this message:

"A member of staff has reviewed this report and has found that while there may be cause for some type of concern no actual administrative action will be taken because this report was made by an interested third party rather than someone directly involved in the issue. We would prefer to hear directly from the owner of the work so that any doubts may be eliminated."

submitting vector art is okey until CLAMP, BONES or any studio or creator won't report in person then it's okey. Slick.

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yea seems like it's becoming like some of the fanfic sites are...being picky about what stories that can be uploaded from certain series/movies/other...but it could be worse, always remember that

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

See this is what happens when the Internet gets serious.

I find it terribly funny, what can they do if they don't have the fan artists do their work? Half of any proper product in anime today is fuelled by fanwork, disagree? Don't you know i am right.
Think Clamp, if they aren't supported by fans, where do you think would be? The submission of fanwork is a powerful force pushing forward market buy and produce factors. It is free advertising, to claim a wall of rights against fan and artists who do fanwork is like putting a stop to their own surge of popularity. Then again, Clamp doesn't need any, they are already at Maslow's Hierarchy's 5th stage, which should be self-actualization. It is up to the company now how they drive their futures, I reckon however, they won't stay afloat forever, and when they realize they started the dominoes falling, this should remind them how important it is to kiss the fans back for their support.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Maybe it's just me, but CLAMP's approach seems rather hypocritical considering their roots came from making doujinshi. But then pride comes before a fall, so I won't be surprised to see some falling dominoes soon, especially considering popularity wasn't enough to get an ending to X1999 (the manga).

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

It's not only about CLAMP but vector arts in general.

Signature

as allways companies get full of themselves and turn on their fans and poof I won't be buying pvc figures renting anime ect. if it was not for fan art or scans I have seen of the art I would have never known about half of these anime, Hentai, shows that are out there. Side note they would probably sell more dvd's if they weren't such a rip for the prices they sell for. Take for example a 24 episode anime sells their indivdual dvd's for about 20$ a pop with usually 4 to 6 episodes each Pretend they actualy spend 2 to 6 million to produce and make this I find this cost far fetched but let's just say thats the case now a major motion movie spends 80 to 150 million plus to make their movies and only charge 10 to 15 bucks. Shows why anime is not more main stream, high cost to the american public to buy and lack of public TV air time with commericals of course to get it out there and not too many rentals Aka Blockbuster ect. I feel a little jaded when japan can watch for free and we pay thru the nose. Now to top it off they attack fan art and scans on the interenet. Yeah whatever go Minitokyo and all bit torrents

stupid CLAMP...

Clamp >_> ...

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

Quote by qwertyuiopjklasdfstupid CLAMP...

Quote by RyuuHIMEClamp >_> ...

I don't get you guys. it's about DA and them banning previously vector arts not about CLAMP!

Signature

it's business.

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

CLAMP...
i dun like them.

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

deviant art has a lot of good scans and wallpapers but it's a pitty that they're not enough big...

is that so ? ? ?

Oriya

Oriya

example@www.com

Quote by Lau2552deviant art has a lot of good scans and wallpapers but it's a pitty that they're not enough big...

wallpapers may be but SCANS?

Signature

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.