Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse? - Minitokyo

Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 222 total items

I would like to live for a long time. Like, 200 years maybe, but not forever. I would hate to have to go through seeing all my friends die before me and all that stuff. I just want to see what the world would look like that far into the future.

definity a curse

ShroomX

Scanner

ShroomX

I would like to be able to live forever but probably with the possibility of choosing not to be immortal anymore!It would be awsome to see how things have changed in like 200 years..About you watching your friends/family die i know its really painfull but u dont have to live forever to see that happen..I have lost my father 8 years ago and a friend about 5 months ago in a car crash..That is part of life !So i dont think it would be a curse..

blessing: If the ones I love can live forever with me too

curse: If I get to see them dying while I live forever (alone)

I just wanna live longer, not forever

Well it would depend on how you use your life.
Think of all the things you can learn with a extremely long lifetime...... the things you can teach others in order to make the world a better place.

Definitely a blessing. At least thats the way I see it. Sure, there would be moments of doubt, grief, and pain, just like in any other person who's lived and still lives.

To be immortal would be a gift. Love, you will lose and also will find love as many times as you desire to have it.

Knowledge is my main goal to be immortal. Learn all the things I wish to learn. Accomplish all that that I want to. The possibilies would be endless.

Even if you grow old, with advancing technology its a matter of time before a fountain of youth is discovered.

It will surely be a gift to be immortal.

Riou17

Riou17

Riou's wife

For me its between a blessing and a curse. Blessing because you'll continue to learn and observe the changes that will happen. Since you've lived in the past, you can mostly not repeat the mistakes the others had done before. You can contribute knowledge and experience to other people.

A curse because you'll just watch the people you love to grow old and die. Sure you can meet other people but in the end, you'll still be alone.

Most complex problems have a solution. You just have to view it in a different way.

InsomniacLord

InsomniacLord

?Immortality Is Loneliness?

Ask me again in 200 years ...

Signature Image "Try to attack me! I do not sleep... Try to cut me! I feel no pain... Try to kill me! I have no fear... And don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway" ~Kazuma Fujiwara. The Lord Of Insomniacs.
Join the realms of SLEEPLESS PARADISE or i'll come and getchu!

zombielord

zombielord

Servant of Darkness

Of course, it 's a blessing. For me to play games and watch animes forever - it 's the best thing I can ever imagine

What can't kill you will make you stronger
What can kill you may make this world better

InsomniacLord

InsomniacLord

?Immortality Is Loneliness?

hello zombielord, i'm InsomniacLord lol ...

Signature Image "Try to attack me! I do not sleep... Try to cut me! I feel no pain... Try to kill me! I have no fear... And don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape it alive anyway" ~Kazuma Fujiwara. The Lord Of Insomniacs.
Join the realms of SLEEPLESS PARADISE or i'll come and getchu!

m9ine

m9ine

Kaizoku ou ni orewa naru!!!

it would be a curse, death after a long fullfilling life is a welcome, plus how else would you get to heaven?

It would be a blessing for the first few hundred years, then a curse for the next few thousand. Depends on how long you can keep yourself amused. Immortality would get rather boring after a while. Especially confined to just one planet or universe.

WRONG, it should always be a blessing if you can choose your biological age at any point, and if you can choose to die at any point.

I say choose your age at any point because some people may be curious to experience how others treat them differently if they are seniors rather than a teenager. For me, eternal life would mean always remaining your prime age, which should be from 11-25 or so.

Puberty age is pretty early now, and certain aspects of language acquisition is important from then, perhaps even younger. 25 because the body probably completes development around then.

So why is it always a blessing? Because you'd be able to continue living and search for answers in life. If you wanted to die at some point why not die now? People end up wanting to die when they grow old because they cannot do the things as fully or as well anymore, and still not every old person who is become senile wants to die. Therefore all life in general under optimum performance should wish to continue living. It should be a condition for life, unless continuing to live becomes a liability to the species as a whole, in which case there are complicated conditions for self suicide.

Personaly I'm relived that I am going to die someday. I wouldn't know how to define myself, how to move forward if there was no end.

Mayba a curse, specially if when you see your dearests diying :S

Signature Image

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

It depends.

If I have like unlimited funds then that would be great. If I'm so ghetto bum then no thanks.

If I could stay young (And in my prime) I would definitely consider it a BLESSING. unlimited women.

Each step you take, carries you to your own destiny

Living forever would be a curse if you were the type to form bonds with people. I can't imagine living for centuries and watching the people I loved grow old and die. Same goes for places - a lot can change in even a hundred years, and if you can't adjust, you'll have to travel a lot.

Gh02t

Gh02t

=The lampost can't stop crying=

Are we talking Immortality like simply living forever or living in a heaven of sorts? Being an atheist, I don't believe in a God or an afterlife. For me, life alone is something I'm happy enough to have.

So you'd probably find it ironic that I'm not so hot on the idea of living forever. You'd probably come to grow weary of the weight of the world as you watch the rise and fall of nations, races and the Earth itself while everything around you returns to dust.

So no. I wouldn't want immortality. Without death we wouldn't know how precious life is after all, right?

Irony ain't dead- it's just exhausted from all the hard work.

it will be a curse.........

The main reason people wanna live forever is "Scared of death". It's nature..tough shyt. Will there be in the future enough Scientifical knowledge to make someone immortal, definitly yes...but i woudn't want it. I want to Grow Old and watch my children and my grandchildren and pass away when the time comes.

NobodyTwice

NobodyTwice

HARUKOXHARUKA

I could draw a pic for 100 years O.o

Mangas,Cookie

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Most definitely a curse.

People want to live forever because they're afraid of dying.
Death is what makes us all equal. EVERYONE dies. Death in a sense is a part of life.
We may not like it, but its needed.

If we all or only a few were to life forever... watching friends die, the world moving on and changing without us changing with it... it'd be miserable.
Evolution whether biological or psychological... it wouldn't matter since you probably couldn't pass on your genes anyways.
"Life" would get boring after awhile. ...its for some of the same reasons why Dr. Manhattan in the graphic novel, Watchman left earth.
He became detached from the 'human condition' (aka - mortality) since he couldn't die. ...and he as well as any other immortal... would get bored.

If you couldn't die, you would probably end up knowing almost everything... just like Dr. Manhattan... therefore, you'd end up hating the fact you couldn't die.

page 2 of 10 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next » 222 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.