Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse? - Minitokyo

Do you think living forever would be a blessing? Or a curse?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 222 total items

Huesin

Administrator, Linguistics

Huesin

dead to everyone

Eternal life is a blessing, yep...

Signature
	ImageThere's always one who plants an evil seed and
preaches fear to pull you to the other side
Into a world of lies.

well...
live forever?
like C. C
well...wanna try...:)

It could be both, depending on the ideas of that person. It only depends if the person can find an objective/goal and try to achieve it (like mortal people do) to entertain himself/herself...Well, being immortal would make new goals that normal people wouldn't be able to do, like researching all the secrets of universe and maybe share with other people (if the person becomes happy helping other people) or making an unstoppable self improvement. Of course, if it was the real world, you would have to run from society otherwise government and scientists would lock you for research for the rest of your life, or your body would weaken over time until you can't do anything but feel pain...in that case, it would be a curse. From the biological point of view, being immortal is still impossible, because the nature doesn't allow it, we're born to die someday. Maybe science one day can overcome it, but it's not likely to happen - and if it happened, world would be just more unfair that it actually is...So, overall, being immortal in our society would be a curse for the immortal one~ and maybe a blessing for science :)

Living would be a curse, for anyone

the human can't immortal

This is my deviantart
Signature Image

Deagle-zero

Deagle-zero

Deagle: The Eternal Warrior

Living forever is a curse if you age and can't heal yourself if you're injured.

But if you remain physically and mentally in the prime of your life for all those years, it'll probably be worth the emotional losses you suffer.

3 Things:

Work, Play, Anime

I'd rather live a normal life, aging like others. I don't want to be left alone after the ones I love die. It'll be kinda sad.

Living forever'd be a blessing for me!
I'd live in different countries, see the world and learn new things ('cause there're new things discovered everyday, everywhere) and not be afraid that someone or some ill kills me while I travell!XD
I have no worry to be left alone and I've nobody to whom I'm so attached, I only want freedom! Perhaps I'm too young, but that's what I feel...:3

Eternita

L o l i t a;_?

If I were given the opportunity to live forever, I would take
up one that offer in an instant. Without hesitation. ^^

If I were immortal, I could experience so many things!
I could read all the books that I want, I could travel to
different places & see all of my future siblings; I could
write tons of books about everything & anything I want.
*___* I want to be immortal so badly!

it will be a curse, because in the end, you are alone...

the good thing is i could learn many things that i could not achieve in a limited lifetime, and the bad thing is i would have to suffer a worse global warming than today which i hate, and i would have to watch my beloved ones die one after the other. the downside is far greater than the good one. so no.

anubseran21

papa-bear

for me its not cute because forever is endless.... if ever i wnt to live forever i wnt to be with my love..

destiny-truth or lie??

i would find it a curse, you outlive everyone you love, and i would find life pointless

Depend on your partner and your own way to accept things.

when you live forever.. when would you really start to live, when there isn't any final path to reach?
and when all your beloved once are leaving? maybe you won't last forever anymore..

it will be your destiny as a blessing or a curse.. or you have a quest, which can't be done in the given time.. well

everyone you love dying right before your eyes?
definitely a curse.

chamber-of-kings katekyo-hitman-reborn wings-lovers

Nessbad94

Nessbad94

inspire and be inspired

If we had the opportunity to live forever ... Wonder ... On the one hand, we would lose people dear to us, not afraid that a sudden, our life is over and we lose all ...

But on the other hand, the death (this is my opinion) is another way, because life is not for forever, then sooner or later it will end, but death is another stage in our lives. Of course, losing loved hurts, but still, this should happen, because life is an 'updation', when all that has outlived itself goes, and the new comes. Time passes, and we no longer feel the old pain, but only sadness ...

And yet, if life were immortal, we would have stopped in our development; because the old goes and new comes. It's the essential part of life.

Signature
	Image :.Support:. |angelanddemon-uraboku|s20-signaturestudio

SnickerdoodleNinja

Retired Moderator

SnickerdoodleNinja

Snicker-Logical

If I were ever to want to live forever, all I'd have to do is watch Dr. Who and i'd remember that it's definitely a curse.

Signature Image

There's a skinny girl who lives inside of me that's trying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies.
"Dance like no one's watching. Sing like no one's listening. Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt before. Live like there's no tomorrow."

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I suppose it would depend on if I discarded my humanity over the course of time. While I certainly would love to see where humanity progresses to and all the interesting things that will be discovered, I'd have to adjust for the fact that everything I chose to get close to will always end up dying and the countless amounts of strife I'd have to endure.

Ultimately, I can't even began to imagine living with such a burden. Would I want to use my knowledge over the years to help people, improve their lives or would I rather cut myself off from all civilization to avoid emotional turmoil?

Signature Image

Living forever would suck like $heeeht

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

If I could, I'd live forever. Or even better yet, if there was an option to kill myself when ever I wanted to, that'd be even better. I could just live for like a few thousand years and then when I feel the time has come, I'd take it upon my own hands to finish myself. That, to me, would be the biggest blessing.

it's both really
depends on how you see it though and what you want it life

risingcrescent

risingcrescent

Essential&Naturality Heaven Form

its relative answer and ambigous question for anyone..

Edward De Bono reflection,
Human minds are Dull , because most rational minds that sharpest ARE NOT HUMAN MINDS, that're Animal minds.

hayashi-oni

hayashi-oni

Baboon General of Yokohama

is both ? depend how person see it !

Among the true cultural displays of this century.
Funny Man

page 6 of 10 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » 222 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.