Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: And the new layout is live! - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: And the new layout is live!

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 194 total items

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

As you can see, and has been announced recently, Minitokyo's five-year-old layout has been replaced with something new (and hopefully better!) to keep up with modern web-sites.

Drop down menus
Your control panel has been replaced with a single, more intuitive drop down menu when you hover over your name. From here you can easily access every part of your userpage, your groups and friends, customization options, and submission and uploading pages.
Next to that you can see your current notes with links to them and your PM inbox.
You can now also quickly see which of your friends are online.

Under that you'll find links to every major section of the site - also with drop down menus with links to every important page in Minitokyo.

Gallery browsing
When browsing wallpapers or indy-art, elite submissions can now be distinguished by their white border, and a happy green dango. Highlighted submissions will have a golden border and a golden sparky dango.
Scans can be distinguished by their black border.

Search
All the search pages have been aggregated into a single search box, which searches tags by default, but via the dropdown can be changed to search the forum, members or groups instead.

Downloading
The download page has also received some upgrades, now the download scales to your window by default, but simply clicking on the image will magnify it back to 100%. A little scrollable thumbnail has been added in the corner and can be used to quickly scan over the full-size image.

Userpage Customization
You can now upload avatars up to 100x100 pixels and your userpage photo can now be any size.

Userpage layout customization has been drastically changed. It is now done from your userpage itself. Under your avatar on your userpage is an 'Edit Style' button which opens a layout editor.
From here you can upload a background image (only one needed now) and change colors. If you are familiar with CSS you can also use that as well (you may want to use Firefox with Firebug extension to quickly find out the IDs and classes).

Tutorial on customizing the new layout

If you are missing part or everything of your custom HTML, it is probably due to incorrect HTML tag closing; the new layout is less forgiving D: .

Smilies
Smilies are currently disabled but will return~

Bugs
Bugs should be posted in the Bug Reports forum. The layout has been tested in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 7+. Internet Explorer 6 users will miss features and are recommended to upgrade to a more recent browser.

Thanks
Thanks to vitaamin for a lot of help with little details, helping with colors, and the idea for the dangos, and making the 'fav-heart' http://static.minitokyo.net/orangeheart.png.
Thanks to bernouli for making the dangos.

Thanks to the rest of the staff and all my friends on Minitokyo I have invited to participate in testing this. :D

speedking5

most wanted driver

wow it looks so cool and love the layout

bring your ride and get ready to get skooled cuz im gona wipe you all over the road

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

woot! Finally.. X3

nikko3

nikko3

The Little Princess is here...

Very pretty and a dramatic change as what I'd expected. I had a hard time looking at my user page.. wow.. lot's of hard word need to be done.. Thanks again to everyone who help with this new layout. Thank you. niko. :)

Signature
	ImageMerry Christmas Aqi-chan, Trofi-chan and Chrisp-san! Hope you all have a warm Christmas day! Thanks for your kind wishes and cards! >:D
Spectacular, stunning. Just look at my Mukuro avatar and Hibari signature image, they are made just for me by chrisp-san.
Mukuro, mukuro, mukurou-chan [Oya?]
Hibird, hibird, namimori~ [Sa!]

Valuna

Retired Moderator

Valuna

Naughty Artist

Dango...Awesomeness

Layout...Finally, some easyness ~
It was about time for a new layout! And loving it...Blueness <3

EDIIIIT:
Layout edit comment on CSS...Press ok and then you go back to old skin...Is weird.
Press back then refresh and it's fine o.O

These beautiful, fragile days are reborn, unfaded
Signature

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

AAAAAWEEEEEESOOOOMMEEEE! dark maste, i like it i feel more intuitive....this new layout

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

Emma93

Emma93

Double E O.o

whaoo! i got rly amazed! wow this is much betta than the old MT :)

Member of the Band .::DarKLeaF::.

You'll alwaysRisewhen othersfall..
KUWAIT!Signature Image

Melisandre

Melisandre

>Little gothic witch<

It's really amazing, incredible. A really very good work :D

Signature
Happy to be
Admin of BrokenWings-TrinityBlood

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

:D Gogo everyone upload 100x100 avatars XD

EevaLeena

EevaLeena

KameDa Shipper!

OMG! The new layout look nice!

Signature
“Touching people’s butts is bad. If it escalates, you’ll get a Red Card.” - Ueda Tatsuya to Kamenashi Kazuya
"There was no need to tell everyone about that..!!" - Kamenashi Kazuya
LOL.. perverted Kame-chan and his lonely hands. Poor Tat-chan...

chrisp

chrisp

~You gotta love me~

woowww so much blueeee *stares* i love it!
it's more easier and funnier now :3
i dunno you said it was tested on firefox chrome and explorer? i have safari...hope i wont miss something D,:
i'm so glad we can have 100x100 avas now >DD best change ever <33
and it's really that aesy to customize the userpage? cool...*goes off trying <3*
GREAT WORK ALL OF YOU! REALLY THANK YOU ALL *hugs tight*

Signature
chamber-of-kingskatekyo-hitman-rebornvectoryvector-wallerstag-liciousretro-studiomy-maiden

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS FOR 100x100 AVATARS xD
anyway love the layout, and dangos are so cute
new mt looks so awesome now :)
really great job!

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

chrisp

chrisp

~You gotta love me~

EDIT!
THE DANGOS ARE PURE LOVEEEEEEEEEE

Signature
chamber-of-kingskatekyo-hitman-rebornvectoryvector-wallerstag-liciousretro-studiomy-maiden

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

Currently exploring the new layout bit by bit... I was browsing in the old layout, then *bam*!, the next page came up with something absolutely different!

*Salutes* Seems like MT's old poster girl has finally been given the go to pass on the baton. We'll miss you from time to time! :)

And the smilies, too.

Hmmm, I wonder if the drop-down menu words should stand out more? Taking some effort to get used to moving around the site, as the words seem somewhat easy to miss to the eyes.

7th-ash

7th-ash

they just call me q-mank-.-

Yippi!^^
Finally, it's a new layout...
It's great... Good job^^ Thanks to all who participated in this new layout^^
Keep the best!

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

Huh... I come by once in awhile and this was unexpected. I thought it was a glitch - I hit the refresh button and the layout changed. Finally, 100x100 avatar <3

Signature

nikko3

nikko3

The Little Princess is here...

I want a 100x100 avatar too... :nya: :nya: XD *opps* Sweeeeet... xp

Signature
	ImageMerry Christmas Aqi-chan, Trofi-chan and Chrisp-san! Hope you all have a warm Christmas day! Thanks for your kind wishes and cards! >:D
Spectacular, stunning. Just look at my Mukuro avatar and Hibari signature image, they are made just for me by chrisp-san.
Mukuro, mukuro, mukurou-chan [Oya?]
Hibird, hibird, namimori~ [Sa!]

YoruAngel866

YoruAngel866

you spin me round round @_@

mwahahhahaha i uploaded 100x100 avi, so much better kya~
anyway i noticed something
there are options toggle elite and propose highlight, but you can see those options only on your own wall and not on the others....what does that do exactly? that means i can propose highlight of my own wall and same for elites O_o
kinda dont get it ^^'
lol i accidentaly clicked on one XD

Its only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours-Oblivion
yuukine@ap, oh yeah its changed and im not vampireprincessyuuki anymore.have that in mind.
Signature Image

Tina18

Tina18

The view of these stars

Userpage updated. ololo I already got used to it.
Looking good MT. Great job =D

Rizacaga: Tina, Tina tell Sungmin to get Kyu's pants for me pleaseee.
My milkshake brings Saber to my bathtub.

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

WOOT!

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

After such a long time, finally Minitokyo evolves at last! Thanks for the simple but great looking layout! MORE POWER TO MINITOKYO! MINITOKYO BANZAI~! ^^

ITASHA PARADISE

espada001

espada001

Malik

Wow so amazing when i entered MT i was totally in chock this is amazing
I really appreciate the hard work
Many thanks

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path,
And don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest

Wow, very nice. Though a number of the fonts/font colors are very hard for me to read. Is there any setting available to revert back to the old layout/design?

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

I love it though I need time to adjust myself to the new layout...haha... But I like it XD

page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next » 194 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.