Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Layout - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 12 total items

So this new look . . . i'm not really diggin it D:
When i first came on today i thought it'd stumbled upon an site that had a similar name.
I feel like this is a step in the opposite direction . . . . (othere then the nice drop down menus)
Anyone feel the same or the opposite?

Quote by triosorrowSo this new look . . . i'm not really diggin it D:
When i first came on today i thought it'd stumbled upon an site that had a similar name.
I feel like this is a step in the opposite direction . . . . (othere then the nice drop down menus)
Anyone feel the same or the opposite?

I really don't want to play the fun killer here, but I, too, simply can't take to the new layout. Don't get me wrong, I respect all the hard work ppl have put into designing it and it's cool to see that most members seem to love it. But still...personally I don't like it at all. Maybe it's just me but browsing now feels utterly confusing; it takes me forever to find areas and contents which used to be so easily accessible before. In addition I prefered the old layout on a general base (as I found it much more esthetical. Probably because the structure of the old coding / design was simply much more to my personal liking.)
But that's really just my personal opinion and taste. As I said before, I really don't want to be the fun killer, and of course I will not try to ruin the fun for all those who like the new layout. :)
It would be really cool if people were given the choice whether they want to use the new or the old design when browsing the site, but that will probably not happen. Aw.

"So you're saying you had to bargain terms with a kid...and you LOST?!" - Phoenix Wright

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

it didn't take me long at all to figure out the new layout...but editing the stuff is a whole other matter...if you like why not let us help others...what are you trying to find and maybe we can help you out somewhat...when i first came on i just did the whole trial and error thing...sometimes error more than trial but all in all don't hate something because it's all new and stuff...i rather like the new layout, once i got use to it...sadly the whole world can't be made happy but this site has been threw many changes, don't worry there will probably be another layout change before too long ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

stargem

stargem

I have to admit myself, i appreciate the effort that has been put into this site.
Some features are now kinda of hard to figure out now though, I am completely lost when it come to adding to my watchlist on my profile, and the new layout is kinda oriented a bit to the left.
However I do like the gallery changes and the auto screen fit, its very nice. All in all, I must personally say that i am somewhere in between on good or bad here.

anime-fans-united

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

To be honest, I really, really didn't like the layout when I first saw it. But I spent a nice chunk of today playing with it and now I've become rather fond of it as a whole. I don't think the new one is as easy to customize if you know nothing about CSS, but I'm willing to learn and have fun with the site as it is now. I do miss the look of making transparent tables (I don't know if you can do that or not with CSS, I know very little about it), but I've already figured out how to make the top image on my userpage taller, so that's a definite plus.

Maybe you guys will never end up liking it, and that's your feelings in the end, but I really think you should give it some time and play around with it. Who knows, you might warm up to it : )

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Opinions will always vary, and a certain percentage of members disliking the new layout is inevitable.

If there are any real usability or accessibility issues though those can be fixed if you report them :)

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

stargem to add to your watchlist, here's what i did...go to http://www.minitokyo.net/Series which is all the available series here on mt, then copy/paste them into your watchlist area located at http://my.minitokyo.net/animes it saves having to play the guessing game of which anime is going to be present and which isn't...of course not all the anime is present that has ever been seen, but a large chunk is and remember these are mostly the ones that have pics for them, no pics they aren't present...or it's not been updated in a short bit...but all in all it's not the end of the world to leave out some anime...mostly recent anime is present to begin with...hope this helps you out some

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I think the new layout is okay, but I kinda prefer the old one. I also too, thought I stumbled across a site with a similar name.

Steffi1690

Moderator, Scanner

Steffi1690

~Living in my Dreamworld~

I miss the trop down menues! Sooo muuch!

Please,bring back tha last one layout! :'(((

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

The new layout brings more of a new blood feel to with other communities like ao stealing the color scheme from MT Im just thinking that Sheqal wanted something original and something that won't be duplicated easily. Yes there will be those that do not like the new skin will have to deal with it. those that do like it like I do can deal with it.

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

ok, after a while now being here. I have to admit it kind hard to navigation around here. Maybe is the colors. I start to miss the old version. I kind wish we get the option to choose to use either one.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.