Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 is it possible? - Minitokyo

is it possible?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

I'm wondering, if its possible to train a cat to attack dogs we know dogsalmost instinctual attack or hunt cats, and cats almost instinctual flee and don't put up a fight, (unless they're defending their offspring or the like) but would it be possible to train a cat to hunt smaller dogs and generally scare the living sh** out of dogs?

i know cats are alot more stubborn when it comes to being trained, in comparison to dogs, but if it is possible, how to do it?

Err...
I don't think so...
Cats don't flee every time... Mines are sister and brother and they "attack" my neighbour's dog just in order to makes her angry... through the wire fence :)

Anyway.. that's not the question.
So... I was writing that I don't think that's possible because cats can't be "trained" like dogs. They're wilder than dogs, they won't obey us. Or if they do, it's because they are concerned about something.
So they can defend themselves when a dog attacks them, but we can't train them to attack.

Moreover, I don't think it's something instinctive for dogs to attack a cat... Sometimes, it's just because dogs are stupid and they don't know what's in front of them...
And... cats hunt mouse not to eat them, but to play with them, isn't it ?

So, that's all what I think 'bout it ^^

While there's life, there's hope

Claa

Claa

Girl Strange

My cat really would never move a single cell of his to attack a dog just because I say so, that I can asure you. xD

Cats can be trained, but i did also say that its alot harder than training a dog,
training a dog is pretty easy, training a cat is alot harder.

if you couldnt train a cat, then it wouldn't go outside or in its sandbox when needing to do its thing, would it?

so clearly you can train them, but it has to be done from an early age and more so than dogs.

the question is more on how to do it, since most instincts will tell it to avoid or run away from dogs rather than running towards them and attack.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well without being cruel with/to the animal there's only a slim chance that the cat will do much of anything, cats are mostly playful and flee when startled other than that probably not...you can train a cat to do this, i've seen in movies and stuff, but unless you know someone probably not going to be easy

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Quote by angelxxuanwell without being cruel with/to the animal there's only a slim chance that the cat will do much of anything, cats are mostly playful and flee when startled other than that probably not...you can train a cat to do this, i've seen in movies and stuff, but unless you know someone probably not going to be easy

I think this is probably the essence of it, you can train it, but it can't be done with rewards like with dogs. so the only option left would be to use punishment.
and yes we would then be in the cruel section seeing as you are forcing it to do something dangerous.
(in this case i don't think its cruel to grab a kitten at its neck or slapping it (without using force) and taking it off the table or putting it in its sandbox (whats the english word for this?) when its trying to do its thing elsewhere.)
i think what would be needed to train a cat in this way is some sort of zoo/circus person or animal behaviour researcher, with experience in the field.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yes cerberus that was the path i was going in...grabbing a cat by the neck to show the litter box isn't bad if you don't damage it, remember that's how mothers carry their kittens...but to do actual acts it's best to let a professional or trainer do it and not attempt on your own..animal cruelty could play into this by then

BuBbLeS!

Signature

It's simple really all you need to do is to breed for the desired trait. Just take a bunch of cats and see how they react to dogs. Discard the cats that do not display an aggressive response. Breed the remainder to each other. Repeat until you have a violent dog hating breed of cats.

shavo002

I suport Cosplay

i higly doubt it, why would you make such a violent act?

Roshi of the Funk. ('_'

Quote by shavo002i higly doubt it, why would you make such a violent act?

I'm a cat-lover, so i wouldn't do this kind of thing as it would be self destructive , as the cat then possibly also would be violent against humans and other pets, and i wouldn't want a cat i can't talk to without fear of losing limbs.
the only reason i posted this was because i was bored, and i thought these boards needed some more intellectual input, that wasn't about either anime, religion or politics (discussing anime is only fun to some point, and religion and politics are something i cba to discuss anymore, it was fun at some point, but when people become holy representatives or politic representative the fun fades from such topic)
and seeing as cats are a very common pet, why not make a post about it that differs from standard cuddly pet talk? (which is also boring imo)

at the guy talking about breeding:
yes that is one way, to cultivate certain traits.
Seeing as you would need to do it over several generations of cats, it does take more time though, you would need alot of cats, to avoid too much inbreed, and you know how hard it is to get new homes for kittens? this would not be an experiment to be taken up by any average person. but i do agree it is a possible solution.

cats are known to spend most of their time sleeping...

I am a member of Sakura group

anything is possible
teehee good luck

I had a cat that beat up on dogs... :D

Morrow

Scanner

Morrow

...is in stealth mode.

My cat obeys to certain commands. When I say "no" in a certain, serious tone, she backs off or stops doing what she did (most likey ripping my curtains apart). She also freezes and crouches when I say "sit".
So yes, it is possible to train a cat to a certain level, as long as there is no direct harm in sight for the cat. I don't think any cat would attack something on command.

Quote by x-Hitodama-xMy cat obeys to certain commands. When I say "no" in a certain, serious tone, she backs off or stops doing what she did (most likey ripping my curtains apart). She also freezes and crouches when I say "sit".
So yes, it is possible to train a cat to a certain level, as long as there is no direct harm in sight for the cat. I don't think any cat would attack something on command.

That is one well trained cat you got, heh :)
While i don't have cats on my own, i still believe it possible to train a cat to attack certain things.
however more domesticated cat species, would probably not, and then we can go back to the breeding discussion, about breeding cats to a certain aggressiveness or cats are very trainable.
While i could probably agree to some extent that cats will not attack on command, i believe there might be the odd cases. breeding those odd cases, to a perfected gene pool would probably make it possible.

My cat attacks are dog but I know sometimes if you tell her to she will do it but it's not very often she will attack a command

Signature Image

i think it can be !
coz the dog is still baby ^^

way to impossible cat can do such thing

yoo

Tigers and lion are also cats you know?

Good luck dude i think its impossible

Eh, can a pig fly?

This I'm not sure, funny question, but I truly doubt it. Dogs, don't back down easily generally. I suppose it all depends on the cat in particular.

-I'd go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear-

Xenolite

Xenolite

Living with Determination

It probably depends on how big the cat is, or what species it is. Yeah, it might be possible...

"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."

-Edward D. Morrison

Are you serious? ^_^"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.