Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why are people scared of ghost? - Minitokyo

Why are people scared of ghost?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

Why are people scared of ghosts, unseen things.. etc?

Its just got me curious why are humans directly scared of 'ghosts' etc, if ghosts do exist and a humans come across it why is fear and terror instantly seen? Its not a physical threat, so why does the fight or flight response go off?

Steel is my body and fire is my blood. So as I pray... Unlimited Blade Works.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

horror movies, taboo...the possibilities are endless, family also plays a factor into this...but me, personally, been able to see ghosts all my life and communicate with them...also a miko (shrine maiden) at my shrine...so in the end it depends mostly on how we're raised and then it branches out from there

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Not all people are scared of ghosts.some people would love to see them.And some others are scared of them because they have been watching too much sick horror films!
Ghosts are not supposed to show themselves.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

i know this doesn't belong here but i can't think of where to move it too...religion/science would probably be a good place for this....

BuBbLeS!

Signature

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

Because people are afraid of the unknown.
Things they don't understand/don't know much about, scares them. These things that they don't know about scares them because they cannot control it. You can mute a TV but you can't mute a ghostly scream coming from the corridor outside your apartment.
Therefore they are afraid of ghosts. Racial discrimination and possibly even sexism stems from such fears.

Myself. I've had some amount of encounters with 'ghosts'. Ghosts (as in the spirit of those who are dead, yet lingers amongst the living) don't do much damage, they just wander about. They don't deliberately want to hurt you or anything. Evil spirits are the kind people should be worried about.

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

Not everyone fears ghosts. Who does I suppose it's because of the inevitable fear of the unknown. Usually, we unconsciously fear things we cannot understand, it's natural.

Media, tv, leaflets and all of that is a propaganda. We scared the things wich we don't know.

npoe

npoe

He was made to be able to do so.

They fear them because they're unexpected. What would happen if you see a friend getting out of nowhere in your room?
If your conservation instinct works as supposed; you'll be scared.

dollyneir

dollyneir

Tuna Stalker

Because humans get scared anything they can't see or scientifically proved..

Signature
Humans hide behind the curtain they knitted, and stay there for ages.
I'll never be one of them.

samu02

Back to Basics

Probably because the body picks up on the fact that it isn't supposed to be there. Oh, and it's doing something that's not supposed to be done. And centuries of instinct would tell them that such a thing is incomprehensible, and as such, a danger...
Or maybe, just maybe, it just plain creepy to have a white face flash in your screen while your browsing the net late at night while alone in your room...

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

humans are naturally afraid of unknown things... and ghost are by excellence a challenge! even if they dont believe (many people are afraid of them even when they say they don't believe in them! curios isnt it?) its a surviving thing, heritage from our first years in the planet. You know if it was unknown it was certainly a danger.

Maybe because is part of the unknow, and normally people think that what is unknown is dangerous and that it will harm us. Or perhaps the see it as something unnatural.

Fear of the unknown

just because lol

ShroomX

Scanner

ShroomX

Its beacause people always were and always will be afraid of the unknown like ghosts..personally i really dont believe that they exist..a few years ago a friend of mine told me that she believed because she and her friend saw her dead father body floating in the room(he had past away 1week ago) even with with that i couldnt believe it..I have to see to believe but i do respect other opinions!

Ghost is mystery thing, unknown so they feel scared

cause they're dead and some are maybe dangerous

pureblood98

pureblood98

mmmmmm...

because of the unknown...

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.. -Ulysses
You can't spell manslaughter without laughter.. -Azula

Right so you are telling me that you do not fear a dead person spying over you and possibility even having the ability to make your life a living hell and not do squat to them?

xpilot2006

xpilot2006

A Nightmarish Gift

It mainly has to do with the unknown factor. Most people if they aren't sure of something will spark a reaction to even the slightest sudden changes. I've experienced it before since my first house was indeed haunted due to it's location, however I grew accustom to the ghost being there and in many ways we sorta just got along. Of course the ghost we had was a playful ghost which didn't seem to want to impose any harm, however in the house further down from where I lived, there was a much more evil ghost there. I was invited into the house once with a couple of my friends and the person told me there was a spirit that lived in the house, however since I had a spirit at mine I didn't really mind it. It wasn't until afterward that I realized it was a poltergeist and I was scare as can be! The point is, that regardless of how prepared you are, things can happen which can cause much different reactions. In my case, I was accustomed to being around a ghost, yet when I came face-to-face with a poltergeist I feared for my life. It just depends on the situation I believe the most. Not everyone has a ghost living at their house, nor are they all friendly. It mainly has to do with their image however, since most people don't come face-to-face with a ghost in our daily lives Hollywood has kinda been responsible with giving them such a bad image. Unless you have knowledge and beforehand experience, people will continue to be scared of the unknown.

cheri-sama

cheri-sama

(◕‿‿◕)

Quote by HikaruKageBecause people are afraid of the unknown.
Things they don't understand/don't know much about, scares them. These things that they don't know about scares them because they cannot control it. You can mute a TV but you can't mute a ghostly scream coming from the corridor outside your apartment.
Therefore they are afraid of ghosts. Racial discrimination and possibly even sexism stems from such fears.

Myself. I've had some amount of encounters with 'ghosts'. Ghosts (as in the spirit of those who are dead, yet lingers amongst the living) don't do much damage, they just wander about. They don't deliberately want to hurt you or anything. Evil spirits are the kind people should be worried about.

I totally agree.

It all stems from where we come from and how we were brought up. FAMILY is one of my factors I'm afraid of the unseen (although I can't really see them). They keep telling me tales to scare the hell out of me.

But time to time when I want to face my fears, I realized that they're just misunderstood. I'm afraid but at the same time want to understand them.

I'm much more afraid of physical people who have ulterior motives against you.

( ゚Д゚ノノ☆パチパチパチパチ

people are scared to which them does not know

Akamichi

Akamichi

Kaizoku-ou ni naru otoko da !!

because.. they unlike human? and very unexpected and unreasonable...

Usually people watched horror videos which triggers their imaginative sense. Whenever they go to some place which seemed the same environment as the horror movie, the unconcious part of the brain creates all those frightening images that they had watch and made them react in the same way as those chracters in the horror videos. This is what others call it hallucination, and why people were afraid of them is because they had never interacted with one of them before. Thus, it gives a feeling of a stranger, whom we do not know if we will be harmed. This is just my point of view, so no offencr :D

merged: 12-02-2009 ~ 07:54am
I mean no offence

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 114 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.