Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 New Layout Customization Tutorial! - Minitokyo

New Layout Customization Tutorial!

This thread is pinned.

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 93 total items

Ahn...yeah...it's a veru usefull and detailed tutorial.
(Too bad I didn't got almost any of it...Someday I'l manage it although...)

Thank you for posting it ^^=

Thanks for the tutorial

thanks for the tutorial! really >w<

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

A.A.A. Free Time Searching

I love you! XD
Without this tutorial I can't never do in the right way my account 's costumization :3

Thanks for the tutorial!
still a prob i put the code for the image when its cut and still wont fix it..

fortis Fortuna adiuvat

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by DemoBlueThanks for the tutorial!

Mmm...I see your userpage, maybe there is a problem with dimension of the image...can you post here the image that you used? ^^
it will be more simple to help you if we can see it...

Quote by Raffachan

Quote by DemoBlueThanks for the tutorial!

Mmm...I see your userpage, maybe there is a problem with dimension of the image...can you post here the image that you used? ^^
it will be more simple to help you if we can see it...

Thanks but i'll let it like this

fortis Fortuna adiuvat

Raffachan

Linguistics

Raffachan

Quote by DemoBlue

Thanks but i'll let it like this

okei oo
but I had a problem simular to this at the beginnig...for this reason I wanted to try to help you ^^

Quote by Raffachanokei oo
but I had a problem simular to this at the beginnig...for this reason I wanted to try to help you ^^

Thanks anw :) i tried different sizes still didn't work ..so this is good enough :D

fortis Fortuna adiuvat

chiara

chiara

night owl

Many thanks for this helpful tutorial. Without it, I hadn't even tried to make one myself and would be far, far away from a successful work. I have tried out many thinks but a few buffle me still. For example, how can I change the date (also the Numbers on the right) of "Member Sinc"e and "Last online" (the rest I have figuered out, somehow ;)) and how can I only change the term "more favorites with the dotted line under"? I know a way how to change it but then I change a whole lot of stuff wich I didn't want to change at the same time. I hope somebody can help me and know, what I don't ;)

nocturnal-mts

Aiira

Linguistics

Aiira

SOON..

I have a question ;)
Well I was doing my tabs/navigation section on my userpage and I wanted to extend the "box" that I made on photoshop. I read maplerose' tutorial on how to extend it and I did, but my problem now is how do you change the color of it? my userpage is in pinkish/dark red color and the navigation bar is cut-off and it turns black, is there a solution to that?

Signature
CHERISH yesterday
DREAM tomorrow
LIVE today

chiara

chiara

night owl

hello aiiroprincessnoel, I don't know if you mean that and if it isn't to simple but have you just tried to include background-color:#xxxxxx in the nav-bar like below
#nav-bar {background-color:#xxxxxx; }

nocturnal-mts

Hello!

I would like to use a wider picture on my new layout but I need help. I'd like to know what code do you need to use so the header picture wont be cut from the right side of the page. Thank you very much for your help in advance! Have a nice day^^

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Hi Nualla, try this. I'm not sure if it works perfectly but give it a go. If not.. let me know!

#header strong {background-image: url(....IMAGE LINK HERE...); width: ----px; }

So change the "----" in the width to the numbers of pixels that will let the header be wider, and not cut off. :) You're have to preview and change the numbers and stuff, I can't help you there, I'm afraid. ^_^; Hope this helps!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

Hello again!

I have to ask something yet again since I don't know how to do it myself. I would like to make a search bar that looks like the original one BUT with different colours. How do you do it? It is a BIG wonder to me...

Thank you anyone who kindly give the advice^^ . Have the loveliest day everyone!

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Hey ya Nualla! My method is to make different background-images for each section of the bar; namely, " search-form input.text " for where you type, " search-form span " for where it says 'Tags', and " nav-bar input.submit " where it says 'Submit'.

Bbbbuutttt. I think the less fussy way that most non-airheads (unlike me) use is to edit this image which I found all too late lol.
http://static1.minitokyo.net/static.png Pandemonium91 was the one who shone the way for me lol.

Hope that helps!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Hey, I have a couple questions here:

1- how do I change the signature text colors (phrases under posts) and the "Tag Me" "Tags" "Wallpaper" etc buttons?
2- could anyone help here:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/helpmeplease.png/

I'd like to change the details "circled" in red (it's just a huge red "O", I know). Also, I don't know how the buttons show up for everyone, but for me they are grey and ugly as you can see and there's this remaining blue rectangle there too, which I couldn't get rid of.

And finally,
3- does MT support userpage favicons?

Avatar and Signature design by xxKurumi
Signature

SolemnSerpent

SolemnSerpent

"Fate, up against your will."

^

1. For the signature text,

.signature * {
color: #xxxxxx;

For the 'Tag Me', etc,

#sections a {

For the buttons:

input[type="button"], input[type="submit"] {
background-color: #xxxxxx;
}

3. I don't know the answer to that; sorry. D

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” —Mark Twain
“There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure.” —Jack E. Leonard
Good Links: Tagging Guide || FAQ || Policy || "No Pixiv Allowed" || "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son..."

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

likes rainbows :D

@tsuyutsuki
to answer 3. yes, favicons work, it only works on your page though, when you're browsing it goes to the default MT favicon

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

@ SolenmSerpent~
Tanks a lot Serpent-san~! ˆ-ˆ

@ Maple-sama~
Cool! Now that you said it, I noticed your page has a maple leaf as a favicon too. That's nice XD
And how do I put one? o.o

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

In your Profile HTML, add

Quote: <link rel="shortcut icon" href="URL OF YOUR FAVEICON">

the image should be 16x16 pixels

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

I see...
Is it gonna work if I use a Imageshack URL ?

Signature

MapleRose

Retired Moderator

MapleRose

if you use the direct URL to the image, then it should be fine.

tsuyutsuki

tsuyutsuki

The comeback (?)

Turns out I can't upload the image to Imageshack... they don't accept the .ico format.
I made my favicon on this site here:
http://www.favicon.cc/

but they dont provide any URL to it

merged: 10-11-2011 ~ 07:44pm
don't worry, problem solved~!

Signature

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 93 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.