Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deleted artwork - Minitokyo

Deleted artwork

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

TenkenSmile

TenkenSmile

Eternity Wish

My uploaded piece "SENGOKU NO MIKAZUKI" was deleted for the following reasons:

Quote: - It was not a clearly planned piece of art. Please only submit work that you have finished to a certain degree. In-progress submissions are not allowed.
- It was digitized using a digital camera. Please scan your artwork.

Here it is: http://tenkensmile.deviantart.com/art/Sengoku-no-Mikazuki-36118315

If something from my gallery happens to be deleted, this will be the last piece I imagine to be del. Everyone who comments on it likes it a lot.

- "not clearly planned piece of art. In-progress submissions are not allowed" ?
--> Excuse me, I drew the whole thing (except the background which I only modified).

- "digital camera"? Tell me wich part of it was done with a digicam.

Sorry if I were to interrupt about this thing . But I think I can explain why :

Quote: - It was not a clearly planned piece of art. Please only submit work that you have finished to a certain degree. In-progress submissions are not allowed.

Did you see the white line surrounding the character ? A complete work usually don't have such white line . The only explanation as to that is the character is being cut out and paste on and just leave it as so without doing any adjustment to make that cut out blend with the background as one . Plus the difference in quality of both the character and the background is significant .
That's probably more than enough to be called 'incomplete' .

Quote: - It was digitized using a digital camera. Please scan your artwork.

From what I see , the background doesn't look like it's made with any CG programs out there to many viewers , but instead it's blurry looks tells us (including me) that it must be taken by a digital camera . The clear example is the Moon , the Sakura Tree & the building which is somehow altered by some unknown way .

Just helping out , sorry for the interruption .

TenkenSmile

TenkenSmile

Eternity Wish

The white line is intentional to make the character stand out.

You seem pretty sure that this pic was made with a digital cam. But I'm sorry, my mind happens to work on logic. May I ask for PROOF? Show me some knowledge, please!

Thank you for your opinion. I'm waiting to hear from a staff member.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Angelus got it right on the first one. I was under the impression that the white line signified a poorly extracted image. The fact that you said you did not create the background also raised a red flag. If you are going to say something like that, you MUST explain exactly what you did to modify it for your piece. I will restore your piece so please be sure to edit your description ASAP. (and I did get your PM, thanks for the clarification...)

Also, keep in mind that the deletion message is automated. Not all of the reasons stated may apply. Obviously your piece does not have any digital photo components.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.