Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Not able to save wallpapers as jpeg anymore.. - Minitokyo

Not able to save wallpapers as jpeg anymore..

page 1 of 1 20 total items

I check this site frequently for wallpapers to check if theres any cool ones and this morning I found some that saved like normal. (Ex. Minitokyo_Carnelian_Wallpapers_36981) And I came back to look if there were any new ones and it only gives me the option to save as Bitmap and titles it as "untitled". Why?

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

on some pics i've noticed this...you might have for force it to be saved like typing .jpg after the file name, i do that and it loads/dls just fine...some browsers and some windows versions are having trouble, so i've noticed from personal experience...sheq will probably look into this and see what's going on

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Oh I see. Well, I have never ever had this problem before though. And I download a lot of wallpapers. Which is why I was confused. And the problem is I like how it saves the wallpapers, like the Minitokyo_Carnelian_Wallpapers_36981.

Signature

LZC

LZC

Mass of Contradictions

It happened from time to time for me, but I can't solve it quite like angelxxuan does.

If I type *.jpg as the filename and save it, yes, it appears as a jpg file, but the last one I did that for turned out to be 89.1 MB in size...

I always have to resort to using a download manager to re-download straight from the site when this happens. I think it does suck additional bandwidth from the site, so it'd be a great help if this bug gets sorted out soon.

I still have no idea why it happens, it seems almost random. I've been stuck with the bug since the past weekend, though. :(

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

What browser are you all using?

Signature Image

I always use IE. If version matters at all its IE 7.

Signature

MatildaIII

MatildaIII

If the downloaded picture is a .png of .bmp. Can you try this:
1. Download right away
2. right click the picture then open with windows picture and fax viewer
3. right click picture and click edit(you'll go to paint)
4. then file save as JPEG file

if it becomes a firefox document
Or:
1.download right away
2. right click on the file then open with mozilla firefox
3. save picture like saving picture from a site

I'm currently using a firefox(dunno what version) as my web browser
P.S
i've tried that and it works on the unupdated MiniTokyo, I don't know if it still works on this version

The Moon....
The Bright Light
That Shines
Through the Dark

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

i use ff the latest version with windows vista i've noticed that xp doesn't have problems with downloading but vista does...

BuBbLeS!

Signature

My issue honestly isn't the fact that its bmp. I can easily change it to jpeg. I really liked the way MT named the wallpapers before though, I got used to it.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

According to the FAQ:

Quote: When want to save a file, it's a bitmap! How come?
This is an Internet Explorer bug. Delete your Temporary Internet Files.

Signature Image

I had this bug a long long time ago, (back when MT was still in its first year i believe), and i think it was purely a browser problem.
what i did back then was, open paint and make jpeg.

what i'd do today if the problem occurred was probably try to see if its a browser problem, by trying to download it with a different browser. if that doesnt help, i'd google keywords of the problem "IE 7 picture not saved with file extension"

hope this tip helps.

Quote by fireflywishesAccording to the FAQ:

I have tried that, three times already and it didn't help at all :/

Signature

TenkenSmile

TenkenSmile

Eternity Wish

I've got the same problem, too. I cleaned cookies/temp files, but still it saved as "bitmap".
IE latest version.
Windows Vista

Quote by fireflywishesAccording to the FAQ:

This is no longer the problem, nor the solution -- it's something new, and I'm uncertain what at this point. Some searching seems to indicate that either it's a new bug with IE8/FF, or more likely, something unusual is being done with the website.

I suspect it has something to do with the new resize functionality and very large images -- when I view an image in download that is auto-resized, there is absolutely no way for me to get the jpeg (short of checking the page source, and browsing to the image itself perhaps, not tried that). Nuking the cache (and quintipling the size of my cache) doesn't do a thing.

I'd personally like to turn off the resize functionality anyway. I'm downloading it because, you know, I want to download it.

Anyway, I'll either switch to a different browser for the first time in years, or just stop coming here.

BakagetaKoto

BakagetaKoto

Ano Baka-san desu!

I also have this issue, and none of the proposed solutions in this thread have worked for me.

IE 8
Windows 7

Quote by BakagetaKotoI also have this issue, and none of the proposed solutions in this thread have worked for me.

IE 8
Windows 7

something tells me you didnt try googling the problem, because here is what i found by simply searching for "IE saving images as bitmap"

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B810978&x=17&y=13

To troubleshoot and resolve this behavior, empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder, and then delete the files in the Downloaded Program Files folder that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged. To do so:

1. Start Internet Explorer (if it is not already started).
2. Empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder. To do so:
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
4. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
3. In the Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk, remove the files that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged. To do so:
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.
4. Click View Objects.

The list of program files that are downloaded to the SystemRoot\Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk appears in the Downloaded Program Files window.
5. In the Status column, note the files that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged. Remove these files. To do so, right-click the file, and then click Remove.
6. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click Yes.
7. Close the Downloaded Program Files window, and then click OK two times.
4. Save an image in Internet Explorer to test and determine if the issue is resolved.

If the issue continues to occur after you remove all downloaded program files that are listed as Unknown or Damaged, try removing the other downloaded program files that are on the list.

Note: The next time that you need one of the files that you removed from the Downloaded Program Files folder, you will receive a prompt to download the file to your hard disk in Internet Explorer.

If you follow these steps, and the issue still occurs, move the Temporary Internet Files folder to a new location. To move the folder, follow these steps:

1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. On the General tab, click Settings under Temporary Internet files.
4. Click Move Folder.
5. In the Browse for Folder dialog box, select a new location for the folder, and then click OK.
6. Click OK to close the Settings dialog box.
7. When you receive the following warning message, click Yes:
Windows will now log you off to finish moving Temporary Internet Files.
Do you want to continue?
(All other changes have been saved.)
Windows automatically logs you off of the computer.
8. Log back on to the computer.

merged: 10-13-2009 ~ 11:34am
also

http://www.google.dk/search?q=IE+saving+images+as+bitmap&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:da:official&client=firefox-a

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2005/11/ie-saving-images-in-bmp-format-only.html

http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Photography/InternetExplorerBitmapProblem.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/jeffdav/archive/2003/12/08/53607.aspx

so clearly you didn't try google.

remember that the almighty google god is not your enemy.

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

unable to save scans as jpeg as well...

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

yorhel

System Admin

yorhel

Not-so-typical Unix Geek

How about now?

Quote by yorhelHow about now?

It works! :D

Signature

Hakaru

Moderator, Tagger, Scanner

Hakaru

一緒に行こう

Quote by yorhelHow about now?

It's back to normal, now I able save images as jpeg. Thanks for helping :)

Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy.
If you can imagine a world, believe in it...and dive in.
Signature Image

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.