Another suggestion

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Cancel

Was thinking of something like a minimum word requirement for comments on images.

Basically, I look through the images and I keep seeing 1 or more people, on multiple images, simply going "Thanks/thx for sharing!", "Oh, that's so nice!", "Very sexy!", "Awesome background!", "Very pretty!", "So cute!", or just other really short comment that doesn't really have any real meaning besides spamming to add up credits or something. So perhaps to prevent such easy spamming, there could be some sort of minimum word requirement for the comment to be posted up. Like 10+ words or something.

• Oct 13, 2009

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Cancel

Thought about this too, 'specially with all those bloody spammers in the gallery >_>
I'm all for this. I'll pass this on to the Mod forum as well.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

yea i tend to post a few characters...this is a good idea i hope to see it in work...i know there isn't a limit but for some of those credit hungry people out there this would be most helpful...or at least a "report" link or something for mods to look into, course more work for the mods, but spam doesn't taste good anywhere

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

Cancel

Well, there IS a report link...just don't know how often it's used.

Perhaps some sort of "auto-report" feature at least for that minimum requirement so if people do spam out such responses, it'll automatically be reported or something. I've been going through images again the last couple of days and the same person keeps doing it over and over again. =\

• Oct 23, 2009

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

The minimum character requirement for gallery comments is 25. (I pushed for 50, but alas... 'twas not to be)

Signature Image

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Cancel

halfdemon the sad part is there aren't enough mods per people so they spam the forums and get in trouble for it so they rush to the galleries where they aren't as noticed...the best thing to do is bring it to a mod's attention...it would be nice to have a feature where it doesn't allow one to post if it's the same thing or it's less characters...that's some major programming there but it would cut back on some of the spamming...auto report is a major programming as well, so thus that's why the mods have report there so us tiny members can help bring down some of the pain in the site as well...like those abusing the system and the likes...

Undertaker:Kuroshitsuji: How sad it would be, should laughter disappear.

Signature

Cancel

Yeah, I get that...it's just so annoying to open an image and scroll down only to see 1+ people simply saying such short and pointless spam over and over and over again, image after image after image. x_x;; Makes me feel bad for the posters mostly.

• Oct 24, 2009
Cancel

i like this idea
i don't like that spam either
so annoying - -

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.