Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poor extraction? - Minitokyo

Poor extraction?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

I would like to know what was poor about the extraction of this wallpaper (link to another site):
http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/188028/paris

The edges aren't particularly rough and the border is intentional.
This is where I got the original art from:
http://www.theotaku.com/contest_files/

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Can you link to the actual image? I don't want to register on that website to see the full-sized wallpaper..

No problem.
http://i33.tinypic.com/qzf1nq.jpg

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

There are some parts even with the outer glow (which I strongly recommend you get rid of) that you can see some white bits (around the hair and clothing).

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Yeah, outer glow usually just accentuates on the extraction making it look worse than it actually is.

Hm, I can't say I completely agree with you removing it over stylistic elements like the glow, but mods are gods, I guess.

dead

dead

Komm Susser Tod!

Well, the image is a little small, I guess a vector would work better!

Signature Image
...Vanity definitely my favorite sin...

Quote by deadWell, the image is a little small, I guess a vector would work better!

Some of us aren't fortunate enough to be able to afford the tools required for vectors.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

What program do you use to make your wallpapers?

Signature Image

I use photoshop and a mouse.

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Same here. That's all you need to vector.
There are plenty of tutorials on the net if you wanna learn how to vector =)

Signature Image

I've only ever seen a few people vector using PS, and all of those have tablets of some sort. All tutorials I've found require something like illustrator, or at the very least a tablet.

Bernouli

Retired Moderator

Bernouli

It's Never Lupus!

No, no, no. You don't need a tablet to vector trace, lol. I actually prefer to use my mouse when vectoring in PS, because using a tablet to do that just seems strange to me because that's not how I learned to do it.

Here, try this tutorial on line art and then filling in the colors is pretty much the same. There's even three different ways to do it and make your image clean and clear. : D

Signature
sheq's neenja mod

Hmm, okay. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.