Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Pilot? Kira, Athrun or Shinn? - Minitokyo

Best Pilot? Kira, Athrun or Shinn?

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Kira based on his calm judgment and maturity
Athrun based on his skill and experience
Deakka (I kinda like this guy) ^^
Izzak
and lastly
Shin ( I really hate shin, cause he is so childish, like he is the one who suffer the most and become the victim)

Athrun is better

RenjiXRukiaLUV

RenjiXRukiaLUV

GRIMmy-godESS

Athrun...cuz he's hot. XD

Not that Kira isn't lol.

Athrun pwns.

Everything is art.
bleach-centralgundamseed-angelsthe-princess-of-orbthe-red-knightasucagamt-death-notenarutoblackbutler-kuroshitsujiinuyasha-fans-groupfullmetal-alchemist-fanslegend-of-zeldagamers-guild
Signature Image

Gotta re-affirm my choice on Athrun. Has shown the greatest amount of actual "skill" compared to Kira (lock on and spam) or Shinn (easily loses his cool).

Kira and Athrun in 2nd Place

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

I'm going to have to say Kira, and NOT because he's the Ultimate Coordinator.
Athrun second!

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

ATHRUN IS THE BESTEST THERE EVER WAS! SHIN DOESNT EVEN BEGIN TO COMAPRE WITH HIM AND EVEN THOUGH KIRA IS THE "ULTIMATE" COORDINATOR, ATHRUN ROCKS!

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

I really like Kira, because he's so totally screwed up. He's a coordinator living in a Natural colony, raised by Natural parents. Gets involved in a war at sixteen piloting the gundam like a BOSS. Of course, both Kira and Shinn had extensive training Kira never received and stand as better qualified on their own; Kira kind of cheats with being the Ultimate Coordinator. But, still, he's boss. Totally mentally screwed over too, and finding out that his childhood BFF is on the opposing side is just icing on the cake. Plus the manipulator (though I have sympathy for her) that is Fllay, her twisted agenda, failing to save a shuttle full of civilians, the whole Cagalli-is-my-sister deal. And he still manages to be a decent person. Now, some people may think he's unrealistic, but I don't think so. Kira is inherently good, but he's not without his problems. I just really like him. But I also really enjoy Athrun; he's a babe, too. He's obviously conflicted between the rights and wrongs of ZAFT and EA, and, even if it's wrong, he always does what he thinks is right. Until he gets confused again. This is interwoven between his relationship with Cagalli as well. I like them both because of their struggles.

But I'm not gonna lie: favorite pilots, ever? Shiro Amada (08th MS Team - my favorite Gundam), Domon from G Gundam and Yzak.

1.) Actually, the colony was (supposed to be) neutral (making it, like with Gundam 0080, a "perfect" hiding spot for top secret projects), so it had both Naturals AND Coordinators living together peacefully overall. At least there wasn't any open conflict. The parents being Naturals isn't really an issue from what the series shows us as he is never shown directly interacting with them at all, so they really have no bearing on his overall development.

2.) As mentioned in other places, being the "Ultimate Coordinator" really showed nothing overly significant besides being a genetically engineered baby that came out EXACTLY as the parents intended, with no mistakes at all (if you remember early on, Coordinator babies constantly came out with different hair/eye color and such that the parents originally wished for). It's not like it made him that significantly better than any other Coordinators we've seen. That is primarily "main character syndrome" from my view.

Kira because his the ultimate coordinator and he beat athrun, while Shin beated him its only because of his hatred, plus during the fight Kira didnt tried to kill Shin he only disables shinns gundam, If Kira was in hatred on that time IDK if Shinn would go back safely hes really dead Kira is GOD when hes really serious.

Well i understand some faggots who chooses Shinn because i admit hes more cool looking and the character he holds, Shinns look like sasuke with red eye in seed mode

Well alot of people watching only for graphics and not the plot.

Definitely not Shinn....

Quote by OpiagabKira because his the ultimate coordinator and he beat athrun, while Shin beated him its only because of his hatred, plus during the fight Kira didnt tried to kill Shin he only disables shinns gundam, If Kira was in hatred on that time IDK if Shinn would go back safely hes really dead Kira is GOD when hes really serious.

Well i understand some faggots who chooses Shinn because i admit hes more cool looking and the character he holds, Shinns look like sasuke with red eye in seed mode

Well alot of people watching only for graphics and not the plot.

Kira only really outright beat Athrun once, and that was partially because of the Freedom being still technically superior to the Savior and partially because of Kira, like against Rey, distracted Athrun with pretty words, which gave him a big opening. Otherwise, Athrun had Kira on the ropes in most of their matches and if it weren't for the Aegis running out of power and magic plot armor for Kira, he could've killed Kira during their showdown in SEED.

Even in terms of the people themselves, Athrun has experience and military training from his time in ZAFT while also usually piloting MS that, by definition (melee-oriented), require much greater skill and handling to be able to use well, especially by themselves whereas Kira has no training of any kind.

The only thing Kira has going for him is the "Ultimate Coordinator" status "realistically" (if you exclude massive plot armor), which still doesn't really have any in-depth information on what exactly that entails because Kira hasn't demonstrated anything unique to himself that other Coordinators couldn't do (and I don't count his "Newtype flash" that Mwu and Rau were able to do because that was purely a one time thing that never occurred again). Even SEED Mode isn't unique to him, obviously, which could've been used something to show his "Ultimate Coordinator" status.

AZD-A9S

AZD-A9S

AZD the Collector

Kira.
Anyone who can target multiple opponents and disable/not kill them is awesome in my opinion.

There's another person who learned to do that in Mobile Suite Gundam AGE.
(Hint: It's an Asuno.)

The galaxy of AZD is in progress...

Quote by AZD-A9SKira.
Anyone who can target multiple opponents and disable/not kill them is awesome in my opinion.

There's another person who learned to do that in Mobile Suite Gundam AGE.
(Hint: It's an Asuno.)

Given the technology, I'm sure it's more than possible to target specific limbs of enemy MS (after all, sometimes you'll want to disable MS for capture), and given how advanced the (Strike) Freedom is and its role ((being more of a longer range supporter while the (Infinite) Justice moves in close)), it's most likely how the system works more so than Kira actually doing all, if any of the targeting alone.

Kio...meh...mostly just an attempt at a Kira clone in the end...

this is my vote:

1. Kira
2. Athrun
infinite. Shin (DIE SHIN DIE!)

Though I think I would vote both kira and athrun as 1st if I could, only reason kira on top is because he is the ultimate coordiantor with perfect genes.

Quote by Some-Untaken-Usernamethis is my vote:

1. Kira
2. Athrun
infinite. Shin (DIE SHIN DIE!)

Though I think I would vote both kira and athrun as 1st if I could, only reason kira on top is because he is the ultimate coordiantor with perfect genes.

It's never really specified what exactly being the "Ultimate Coordinator" entails. I mean it's not like Kira has done anything that no other pilot has been able to do (SEED Mode could've been something but then that was just handed around to others). It feels a lot more like a title just to make Kira SEEM more special yet nothing has really come out of it. Sure he has beaten main antagonists like Rau but again, it's not exactly unique as that's pretty much a given for main characters to beat the main antagonist.

I tend to put Athrun over Kira because not only is Athrun usually given the more difficult to handle mobile suit to pilot (melee oriented MS have a history of requiring more skilled pilots to be able to handle them because of being more specialized, which is also why such MS rarely reach much less maintain mass production) but he has also had MS training from being part of ZAFT previously and is usually one who holds out on using his SEED Mode unless absolutely necessary whereas Kira tends to go to SEED Mode pretty quickly into fights.

ohh I see, I was under the assumption that the ultimate coordinator was simply a person with perfect genes that werent altered in any way by their mothers womb, unlike other coordinators that were born the regular way (after gene manipulation).

Still my shin ranking stands DIE SHIN DIE!

Quote by Some-Untaken-Usernameohh I see, I was under the assumption that the ultimate coordinator was simply a person with perfect genes that werent altered in any way by their mothers womb, unlike other coordinators that were born the regular way (after gene manipulation).

Still my shin ranking stands DIE SHIN DIE!

Yeah, that's really the only explanation we ever got, but nothing else nor Kira ever actually demonstrating anything pertaining to being the "Ultimate Coordinator" that would contribute to him being a better pilot than anyone else.

And I wouldn't put all the blame on Shinn. I put a majority of it on the director and writers and such who gave him the shaft just to put Kira and co. back in the main spotlight out of nowhere rather than the original idea of Shinn truly being the new main character with Athrun being a strong support role ala Zeta Gundam with Kamille Bidan and Char Aznable/Quattro Bajeena.

yea I see where your coming from especially with kira being the so called 'ultimate Coordinator' tbh I think we were meant to take kiras vast improvements in ability as the reason, though we dont exactly see much of that either. You also notice how kira is the only one that has improvements in his MS not Athrun (excluding that new force shield thing), so I would think that says a lot about athruns ability to fight.

Also I get what your saying with Shin, however i just cant help but hate him, esp the part where he brags about killing kira when the only reason he won was cause of abusing kiras stupid kindless. though I think the main part the made me hate him so much was cause he killed that affectionate captain of the ORB fleet, he was such a nice guys and he just goes and murders him.

So unfortunately my ranking still stands DIE SHIN JUST DIE (I would prefer him to suffer first thogh). To me GSD seems like a role reversal of the original GS with minor changes, but maybe thats due to the writers mindset.

Quote by Some-Untaken-Usernameyea I see where your coming from especially with kira being the so called 'ultimate Coordinator' tbh I think we were meant to take kiras vast improvements in ability as the reason, though we dont exactly see much of that either. You also notice how kira is the only one that has improvements in his MS not Athrun (excluding that new force shield thing), so I would think that says a lot about athruns ability to fight.

Also I get what your saying with Shin, however i just cant help but hate him, esp the part where he brags about killing kira when the only reason he won was cause of abusing kiras stupid kindless. though I think the main part the made me hate him so much was cause he killed that affectionate captain of the ORB fleet, he was such a nice guys and he just goes and murders him.

So unfortunately my ranking still stands DIE SHIN JUST DIE (I would prefer him to suffer first thogh). To me GSD seems like a role reversal of the original GS with minor changes, but maybe thats due to the writers mindset.

I just could never see what people find so great about Kira (besides being a shonen pretty boy). Similar with a number of other AU Gundam series' main characters, he was largely protected by plot armor at certain points (self-destruction of the Aegis, the destruction of the Freedom and such). I also felt his "skill" was more because of the high performance of his MS more so than his own natural abilities. I mean, the (Strike) Freedom is a MS that's obviously meant to be a longer range assault/bombardment MS (hence the number of long range weaponry) capable of knocking out numbers of MS while the (Infinite) Justice was meant to get in close(er) and mop up leftovers, and it's pretty easy to use an advanced targeting system to lock onto certain parts of MS and knock them out.

Even the Strike Gundam (and the other GAT-X prototypes), when first introduced, was a high performance MS compared to anything ZAFT had at the time so any more experienced ZAFT pilot was clearly able to make up for the technological differences with their own experience and skills, so it was largely due to the abilities of the Strike (and the opponents underestimating it) that allowed Kira to survive most of his earlier encounters.

And yeah, it's easier to hate a character(s) when you actually get to see how nice the people they kill actually are. I usually go in with the mindset that there isn't always a clear cut "good guy" and "bad guy". I mean, Kira has killed his own fair share of people like Aisha (Andrew Waltfeld's lover), Nicol, Stella, and such. Then there's who knows how many who died when he shot out the Minerva's Tannhauser (there has got to be gunners and workers and such) or slicing through Messiah, and so on. The difference is that we don't know who those bunches of others are compared to ones the series actually focuses on. A similar point was brought up in a Star Wars book or something when Luke Skywalker is asked how many people died on board the first Death Star when he destroyed it and how many of those people were simply trying to get by in the galaxy and not actually evil like ones like Tarkin, Vader, and other leaders were. If the movies were to actually zoom in and focus on any of the workers and showing their backgrounds like showing them to be family men trying to make money for their family and so on only to be blown up in the Death Star or a Star Destroyer or something, it would become much easier to hate Luke and/or harder to see him as a "hero" in that sense (or whoever is responsible for their death).

And that's exactly how I feel overall about SEED Destiny. It's more like Gundam SEED 2.0: ZAFT version (at least most of the time) while the ending was a 95% cut and paste of SEED with a few aesthetic differences (replace the Strike with the Akatsuki, the Dominion with the Minerva, the Justice, Freedom, and Providence with Infinite Justice, Strike Freedom, and Legend, GENESIS with Neo-GENESIS, Jachin Due with Messiah, and such). It's the series to this day that I find a hard time liking much about it besides the music. Even much of the MS designs were either "stolen" from the Universal Century era or were simply advanced "clones" of SEED MS.

sorry for the late reply, though I have to say I dont disagree with anything that you wrote, except one thing, the people that Kira killed were sort of because he had to, where as shin didnt, that asshole killed that orb guy even when they had no chance of winning in the first place, but I dunno I just really hate Shin as a character for some reason, even though he is similar to kira in some ways I just hate shin so much yet dont hate kira much at all.

The only reason that I viewed Kiras abilities as + is because even though his MS was good he was still pretty much 1v2 the Cruze team most of the time and managed to do well (though athrun mostly held back, but him distracting kira kinda makes up for it ;)

BTW I felt so bad for Andrew at the end of GSD I mean srsly everyone gets a partner except him, not only that he is shown to be gazing at murrue and mwu alone inside a room while they are together happy :( so sad.

DIE SHIN DIE Sorry just really need this.

I'm not too sure about Kira vs Athrun, but Shinn is definitely last. He got his ass handed to him by Athrun TWICE. At this point, Shinn is really just Athrun's little bitch. Even Kira kicked Shinn's ass until Rey saved him. In terms of potential, I'd say Kira because of his progress with the strike in the short time he used it and the fact he's a newtype/ultimate coordinator, not to mention that he DESTROYED Athrun's savior. I was beginning to think Athrun was going to be the bitch of the three, but that role went to Shinn. However, Athrun has a decent amount of skill. As mentioned above, he kicked Shinn's ass like it was nothing, despite the fact that this was the guy who beat Kira's freedom. Athrun has never been beaten while in SEED mode.

When taking mobile suits into question, the strike freedom is obviously a range-oriented mobile suit compared to the melee oriented infinite justice. However, the strike freedom is better at dealing with larger amounts of enemies, so the infinite justice would have an advantage when it comes to dueling due to their equal levels in mobility (although the strike freedom does have the voiture lumiere). As for difficulty, using beam sabers and beamblades of all sorts isn't harder than controlling eight DRAGOONs at the same time. The lock-on spam option really doesn't work the way people think it does. Kira actually does the targeting himself, which is only possible due to his newtypish powers and spatial awareness. It is really a matter of your opinion. I personally am a Kira fan and see so many possibilities with the strike freedom, but I can't deny Athrun's definite skill. People argue Shinn is better than Kira because he beat the better freedom with an impulse, but that fight was as legit as the fight between freedom and saviour. Both of them weren't even trying. As for the destiny, let's compare the strike with the destiny. Biggest difference? The sad excuse for a "god-finger" thingy. While you may think I am being biased toward Shinn, I'm not.The director just didn't put into him the same effort he put into Kira and Athrun. His role was pretty much just to make sure that Kira didn't seem overpowered, but that didn't work out too well. Let's not talk about Shinn.

Taking character into account, everyone hates Shinn. Shinn was extremely immature and lacked any character development whatsoever. The only part about him that was likeable was how he treated Stellar, but he ruined even that. When he went unconscious and the first thing he thought about wasn't his extremely understanding girlfriend Lunamaria (Seriously, he was your friend and he killed your sister and you got past that, yet he acted like a fucking baby when some dudes invaded and killed his family. Just dump the guy already) but instead a naked form of Stellar (The guy's a hypocrite, calling Athrun a traitor when he doesn't give two shits about his girlfriend). Really the only reason Lunamaria was with him was because she felt bad for him (her and the director. Still, there are better guys Lunamaria could've been with. Even Rey isn't such a bad guy when you compare him with Shinn. Personally, I'm more of an Athrun/Luna fan. Cagalli just doesn't have that good of a personality. Slightly off topic, but I had to point that out). Sometimes I wonder why people even bother comparing him with Kira and Athrun (unless you're into childish emo-goths. In that case, I apologize. I also apologize to childish emo-goths for associating them with Shinn). If this were in gundam SEED, I would say Athrun because Kira cried too much. However, Kira really has come a long way since SEED. He seems more mature and willing to take the burden of others and dealing with the fact that everyone is aiming to kill except for him, versus Athrun always changing sides and doubting himself. This is kinda why I prefer Kira over Athrun. That, and I like the wings on the freedom and strike freedom.

Shinn definitely had potential that was completely squandered by the director and such.

Though, the fact Athrun changes sides and doubts himself is one of the reasons why I like him more than Kira; Athrun is much more relatable as a character whereas Kira is called "Kira 'Jesus' Yamato" (at least after getting the Freedom) for good reasons.

People tend to also ignore Kira's own hypocrisy. He wants people to stop fighting, yet he'll go and shoot at whoever isn't listening in the middle of a freaking battlefield of war (it was NOT always self-defense). He's really no different from the Naturals and Coordinators in trying to force his will and personal ideals onto others. His goals may be more noble, but the act of attacking both the EA AND ZAFT (which also resulted to further causing problems and unnecessary deaths in SEED Destiny)...well...how would we feel if we were in war with another country, then a third party comes out of nowhere and starts shooting ALL the soldiers on both sides in the limbs while simultaneously hailing the two sides to stop fighting? People can't say that it would be surprising if that third party were called hypocrites by both sides, regardless of goals, and if the two sides started fighting back against them and perhaps even put aside their own differences, at least for the time being, to take out that third party (much like how 00 had happen against Celestial Being, though that WAS their goal at the time).

Quote: People tend to also ignore Kira's own hypocrisy. He wants people to stop fighting, yet he'll go and shoot at whoever isn't listening in the middle of a freaking battlefield of war (it was NOT always self-defense). He's really no different from the Naturals and Coordinators in trying to force his will and personal ideals onto others. His goals may be more noble, but the act of attacking both the EA AND ZAFT (which also resulted to further causing problems and unnecessary deaths in SEED Destiny)...well...how would we feel if we were in war with another country, then a third party comes out of nowhere and starts shooting ALL the soldiers on both sides in the limbs while simultaneously hailing the two sides to stop fighting? People can't say that it would be surprising if that third party were called hypocrites by both sides, regardless of goals, and if the two sides started fighting back against them and perhaps even put aside their own differences, at least for the time being, to take out that third party (much like how 00 had happen against Celestial Being, though that WAS their goal at the time).

To be fair, Cagalli did tell everyone to stop fighting. Besides, no one would've listened to him if he just stood there. Imagine you get into a fight with the people who killed your family and ruined your life, and, all of a sudden, some guy appears and is like: "dude, stop fighting". Unless he's guns-blazing, balls-on-walls kicking some serious butt, you're not going to listen to him. He did try to avoid unnecessary deaths by destroying the limbs of the machine, except for that Heine guy. I feel like the dude served no real purpose in SEED Destiny other than to make Shinn hate the freedom. Speaking of Shinn and hypocrites, let's not forget how Shinn acted like a dick to Athrun because the dude didn't wanna kill Kira, yet he acted like a fucking baby when Stellar (who had destroyed three cities and was the one that actually killed the poor Heine guy) was killed by Kira. I feel like Kira gets a lot of hate because he's the main character. Sure enough, he escapes some ridiculous situations for no apparent reason and gets the ridiculously good gundam plus all the newtype and ultimate coordinator powers so it kinda makes you wanna root against him. But, when you take a look at Shinn and Athrun, one of them destroys the freedom and 5 giant destroys (suits with way too many guns. You thought the freedom was souped up? This guy has three positron cannons on his chest and one for his mouth) and the other one is unbeatable in SEED mode (destroyed the strike, impulse, and destiny). I think as far as favoritism goes, it's somewhat equal. I definitely think the infinite justice is better in 1v1 duels than the strike freedom

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.