Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A question about the Reviews Section - Minitokyo

A question about the Reviews Section

page 1 of 1 6 total items

SaitoHajime101

SaitoHajime101

Nightcrawler

Well I'm a big reviewer of animes and when I do my reviews I like to add screenshots. However Minitokyo's height and width dimensions for screenshots are, honestly, too small and also with a 30 kb restriction, it makes for poor quality screenshots.

My question is, is there any possible way the dimensions for screenshots can be increased and the file sized restriction increased? I can understand if too big could hinder storage space and such but it could help enhance reviews.

A suggestion, maybe instead of centering the user's review into the center of the page, the review could be aligned to the right side to allocate more space for larger images. Or if there's a way you can do it in coding of the page, allow for text-wrapping around said images so they could mesh in with the review itself. Also I don't know if html/css is enabled for review writing (never bothered to check), but if it is, it could allow the user to do it him/herself without the programmers to have to hardcode it directly into the page.

Signature Image"Never met person who can outsmart bullet... HAH HAH HAH!" ~ Heavy (TF2)

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I've updated the screenshot maximum size to 4096kB and the maximum resolution to 1920x1080 (hd). That should be a good upgrade for some time :p
Would you mind testing them? Thanks

I'll play bit with the positioning :)

SaitoHajime101

SaitoHajime101

Nightcrawler

Still says file size is too large even though my images are only 200 kb an image.

Thanks alot for increasing this stuff. :)

Signature Image"Never met person who can outsmart bullet... HAH HAH HAH!" ~ Heavy (TF2)

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Ok, also fixed the edit review form hehe.

SaitoHajime101

SaitoHajime101

Nightcrawler

Thanks for all the hardwork, just a couple things here (sorry to be asking alot).

1) It still says ("Additionally you can upload up to 4 screenshots to add to your review. These images need all to be 160x120 in dimensions, and not larger than 30 kB per file.") right above the screenshot deal in the "edit review". Not sure if it says the same thing in "submit review". Also not sure if you on purpose haven't changed that for testing phase. Just thought to bring it to attention.

2) The screenshots work and everything but now as far as the whole design of the review section, it doesn't feel like it flows into the review any. I dunno, I think its just me though. The layout inside of the review doesn't make it look right (again might just be me).

If you want to take a look and judge for yourself, here's the link to the review I'm testing it on: http://reviews.minitokyo.net/1472

Again thanks very much for the time and consideration you put in Sheqel :)

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

I've placed the screenshots on the side, Maybe I'm gonna try butting them under later though :)
Thanks for your input!

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.