Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Wallpaper deleted? - Minitokyo

Wallpaper deleted?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Hi,

I just posted a wallpaper yesterday and signed back on today to discover it had been deleted. I would just like some more clarification as to why it was deleted. If it is an issue we can discuss, it would be greatly appreciated. The only thing I got in my note was something about poor extraction. I don't see the note in my inbox anymore so I can't get the exact wording.

Thank you for your time,
Eternal-Snow-Angel

Signature Image

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

http://i36.tinypic.com/35irnv6.jpg

Ghosting is a method we really really don't like here on MT, it's a cheap way of taking up background space and just looks awful 99% of the time.
The scan is poorly extracted, I circled some spots where it's most noticeable at.
The entire background is also random brushes, which is another thing that we don't like seeing in wallpapers. It's much more preferable to see an idea or concept behind the wallpaper. I don't see that here. I also circled some spots where the brushes just cut off randomly.

Feel free to post the wallpaper in the Sandbox for further critiques if you want to repost it.
http://forum.minitokyo.net/25

Thank you for the critique as you were the first to say anything since I put up that wallpaper.

But I must say, as far as "ghosting" goes, I have never seen an issue with it. I was merely using the larger image as part of the background texture. When I make my wallpapers, I go by my feelings. I don't try to seem like a mechanical robot that creates by what it is programmed to do. And with CLAMP and their style, a lot of what they do is not one single theme, but they, as artists, have a lot of fun with what they create and use their whimsical thinking and feeling to make each piece genuine and one-of-a-kind. And I truly appreciate what they do and tried to mimic just that when using some of their series in my works.

And I apologize if you think that the stamps I used are random, which I assure you they are not. I merely tried to mimic CLAMP's style as I said in the above paragraph.

But I see what you mean about the extracting. I did miss a few places. Thank you for showing me and I will watch how I am extracting more closely next time.

And if "ghosting" is an issue, I will be sure to not use it in my future works when using this site.

If I can adjust to your critique, will I be allowed to re-upload my piece?

Thank you.

~Eternal-Snow-Angel

Signature Image

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

Post it in the Sandbox for further critique, and make sure that you work on all of the areas that I mentioned. It should be good enough to resubmit if you do so.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.