Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you organize your computer files? - Minitokyo

How do you organize your computer files?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 131 total items

angelwings083

angelwings083

?tsubasa.hiroge!~ ^__^=?

konnichiwa~ ^__^
i'm just wondering on how do you guys organize your files?..:D
especially all those anime-related things..
i'm just bothered by my own files which are all scattered on my pc..>_< hehe..XD
thanks to all!~ ^_^;;

*~*angelwings083*~*

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I normally combine them into a single folder....for pics I use webshots that way it's a screen saver/desk top and as for other files I do the same

BuBbLeS!

Signature

For music and videos I organize by genre. Then for pictures I organize them by type. Anime, Lolita, School, Drawings, My Photos, etc. Then from there I have things seperated farther. Finished drawings and unfinished drawings and anime pictures are grouped by the anime they are from. If I don't know the anime I seperate them by the characters in them like girls, boys, couples, and groups.

i organize them by leter a,b,c.....

i organize them by type and then by time
I organize my pictures videos by trash and good, trash will be removed then, its about 90% of all i get

I collect mostly pictures, and they are sorted by artist, series or subject.

I arrange them according to Alphabet, much easier to search. :)

zombielord

zombielord

Servant of Darkness

arrange by file type, like picture, movie, manga ... If the files are many, arrange by it genres

What can't kill you will make you stronger
What can kill you may make this world better

davii

davii

Akira

Iorganize them by alfabetic a,b,c, & so on

ichikawav8

ichikawav8

ichikawav8

Once I got new animes or whatever are they, I would contrary copy/burn them into a blank CD/blank DVD.....
I'm affraid if suddenly my computer was hit by viruses that made my files vanish!

ichikawav8

davii

davii

Akira

well i'm burning them on CD 2 but keeping my fav ones on my computer after allI had 2 delete everyting from my computer becos of on nasty virus :((
It was like hell on earth

For anime pictures i have it set up in a headfolder for anime pictures in general, then i have subfolders for specific places where i might have gotten the pictures.

for anime series, i got a folder dedicated solely to this too, though anime movies go into my general movie folder.
i normally don't keep that many series on my comp, they take up too much space.

bikoula

bikoula

zanzarah

well i organize them by type(what anime epic is like naruto photo and the manga is the same as well :P

Really I have a mess in my hd.
The unique thing I have organized is my music, a folder with anime wallpapers, a folder with images, and some "file backups" I've done..

Signature Image

i ussualy organizing my file by split them to their own type like movie(japanese, western, korean), MP3, Music Video

I organize by anime name. For wallpapers and pics, I organize by anime name, and whether it's a render, scan or wallpaper.

For anime I usually sort them by title, I also separate the completed series/movie/ova with the incomplete ones
And I store related anime into one folder ex: All Full Metal Panic would be in one folder with all the spin-offs and ovas and movies

Alphabetical order and genre.

Shalashaska2

Shalashaska2

An infamous warrior (Girl's fan)

by date of modification and alphabetical

Really I have a mess in my hd.

Ezio

Ezio

Adulta Nocte

I use to save my files in specific folders (for the music the folder "music", and stuff like that) but, about the anime and the icons, I like to use the videos folder and asign an specific icon related to that anime, I think that make it look a little bit cool, i think.

by alphabetic order

Well, I have different files all labeled in folders with my name on them. Then when I search the computer with my name, they all show up! But I have so many manga pics, I have a whole system of numbers and letters to organize THEM! LOL

ragebolt

ragebolt

loser w/ over confidence issues

i make i hierarchy of importance.
example i think of a name for a folder where i know it will be a place for random files.
i named it Storm Keep
inside Storm Keep i placed different classes: software, studies, etc

what's important is that you classify where a sub folder should be so that you'll just have to remember what kind of file it is.

exhibit b:
where should i place/find Body Transfer?
first Body Transfer is a hentai so it will be inside the PowerRangers folder (noone in our family will be interested to open that)
where should i place the PowerRangers folder? since it reeks of evil i placed it inside "The Darkside"
The Darkside is a folder to classify the evil files, so it is a very general folder and needs to be placed inside the Storm Keep.
just like that you'll heve no need for the search companion(unless you're a normal person with more than 2000 wallpapers inside one folder)

My Professor on Art once asked me to recite the different types of arts, i said Martial arts.., I went home early that day.
Why work for 6 pack abs when you can get just 1 big pack.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 131 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.