Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Content Filters? - Minitokyo

Content Filters?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Based on the info under the title of this board it says 'request features' so I hope this is OK to post here. I go to a Christian University and began browsing minitokyo for scans to wallpaper for future use. Somehow, as so many people of so many ages view this website, the content really bothered me as I searched through the newest scans. I mean, on plenty of the pages at least a third of the images were visually suggesive. Which, is all fine and good if you don't mind. But if I don't feel comfortable searching MT in my school's library, then how is it appropriate for younger users? I mean, tailoring for my beliefs and discomfort is not what I'm talking about. Just an option.

Like, can there be a way to filter 'inappropriate' content. I mean, a lot of vides on youtube have flagged videos that warn the user. And you can filter quality here - elite against not. So could there be perhaps be content filters as well? I'm not saying like barrage a user with flags and warnings, just a simple note. Onemanga and Deviantart use similar features. Onemanga warns the user before selecting a mature manga with a little note. Deviant art shadows the art before allowing a user to view it. I'm not suggesting anything that extreme.

Just perhaps if a user or a moderator considers a scan or wallpaper suggestive sexually in nature (such as scantilly clad or underskirt shots) they can tag it, so that users who filter out mature scans and wallpapers have the option of not seeing it. Similarly, there can be an option to see the content. Just like the elite system.

If this was in the wrong place, please do forgive me.

And thank you for in advanced for your time.

koroyami

koroyami

Some Things You Never Forget . .

i totally agree with you
i mean most of the scans are half naked girls .. they really should do something about it ..

Stay Where You Belong . . In My Memories . .

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yea I mentioned this to a mod a short time ago, and they told me they went more relaxed in what people could upload and share...some of that stuff...and I'm not even based on the op's religion...but a filtering content would be nice, since going back to the old ways is possibly not the answer...the idea of cute pantie shots and then near naked shots with just stars -_-

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Yeah, we used to be much more strict on what was submitted in the scan gallery, but then the scan mods toned it down a bit.
Personally, I think a filtered option sounds good. I'll pass this on to the other mods =)

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Thanks for the time Chloe-chan. I mean, MT is changing a lot at the moment, so why not just tackle the idea now rather than when everything is settled in? Again, thank you for your time. It's greatly appreciated!

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I also think an option like this is necessary.
Maybe MT could filter everything with the ecchi tag, this way it could encourage members to tag items correctly in order to keep everything neat.

merged: 01-21-2010 ~ 04:03pm
A filter has been created now.
You can activate it by going to site options and ticking the box that says "Hide ecchi content" :3

Please notice that only those scans tagged under "ecchi" won't show, so if you still have ecchi scans around, you can help by tagging them and then report them on the Tag Administration Thread.

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Thank you very much for the quick response, Fran!

kayurachan

Retired Moderator

kayurachan

Mado&Fen are my Gods.

Oh, it seems we're at it. Nice :)

Signature
!Death to J-Rock scans! >.<
What is Kayurachan doing? Just see it on my userpage :3
Sheq says: XD one sec, eating an egg XP

Astara

Astara

Scanner, Artistic

One slight problem with this system (as I see it), seems like some people (maybe me) don't know the meaning of ecchi. I had someone place an ecchi tag on my wallpaper, and didn't think it appropriate from my understanding -- wasn't originally meant for things that focused on women's panties and the area?...

The image http://athenae.minitokyo.net/gallery?index=1, doesn't, fit my limited understanding of the term. Am I ignorant of the definition or is the label misapplied? If we feel the label is misapplied, how should we go about having it reviewed?

Forgive if I'm wrong, but as it stands now, anyone can label any picture they want with that label -- and I guess I just want to know the implications of the label.

I certainly am not opposed to labeling, but it might be nice if the labels were more clear or specific? Or would that be bad? Too much processing? :-)

What do people here consider ecchi? I just looked up in Wikipedia and it shows the following definitions that I was unaware of:

# Female characters who look attractive to men, but are unaware of their sexuality, appear innocent and cheerful, or sly and mischievous.
# Shining skin indicating sweat or blurry and teary eyes.

But I don't think they or other definitions apply to my particular wall (sorry if I seem sensitive, but it being my only wall so far, I was a bit miffed at the label when I didn't think it appropriate, but thought I was being overly precise in my terms or just generally inexperienced).

Thanks,
Astara/Athena(e)

agree agree agree agree with you....

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Things tagged with "Ecchi" are only blocked if Ecchi is set as the primary tag. If the item has the ecchi tag, but it is not the primary tag it will not be blocked by the filter.

Signature Image

Hmmm... Agree...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.