Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 smoking : who is against? - Minitokyo

smoking : who is against?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

i just want to know if i'm not hte only one who doesn't like it !

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

Yes ! Smoking is evul! It degrades our soul, body and our friends! It is bad .... yea it is... and costs much too! Soryane + for You.

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

jackalx66

jackalx66

Blau Mond

bad habit indeed.....
kill ur self slowly a smoke...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

I like my lungs...so I dont smoke, its bad for you....

I don't smoke cigarettes (never liked them), but I do smoke a pipe in the winter (I have seven of them - briar, clay, corncob, and meerschaum varieties) and shisha (hookah, water-pipe, etc) occasionally. Both are quite different from each other, and very different from cigarettes. I usually stick to Virginia flakes (McClelland's tinned varieties in particular) or occasionally latakia blends for the pipe. Both are earthy in tone, with the VA being more sweet and barbecue like and the latakia ones being more leather like. For the shisha, I prefer the mixed fruit tobacco.

Pipe tobacco usually uses the better parts of the leaf, and for the higher quality non-aromatic blemds doesn't have additives unless you count the smokiing-over-herbs process that produces latakia. The varieties I smoke are pressed and aged. This style of tobacco is burned directly in the bowl, but is not inhaled (it is very strong, and the taste of the smoke is instead why it is smoked.)
Shisha tobacco is very gooey, and contains molasses and fruit pulp. It is not burned directly, but instead heated by a coal over the bowl. This is usually inhaled after filtering through water, and has a taste/smell based on the fruit pulp or flavoring additives (usually various food flavors, like mint or cola if not fruit).

Pipe smoking tends to be more of a solitary activity for me, whereas shisha is a group one. Both involve a fair amount of work, however, due to having to clean and maintain the pipes.

I've never been too much of a fan of cigars, either, so I stick to those two types. Good cigars are awfully expensive anyway.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

I'm against.... but I have quite a few friends who do smoke, as long as they don't smoke around me then I don't mind. People still shouldn't smoke, there's so many reasons... in short, bad for your health. Also kissing someone who smokes isn't pleasant, heh heh.

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I hate the smoke, it smells and i get a headache when somebody stinks like that. well but I never smoked and never want to. I'm just 14 so i have time to decide if i want to die quicker or not

Wiegraf30

Peasant of the Pillbugs

I for one, don't really care if people smoke, just as long as they don't do it around me. The danger of secondhand smoke is virtually nonexistant, so I don't mind if people decide to smoke.

Lvl 10 achieved! My rank has risen yet again! No longer a Servant; I'm now a Peasant! Mwahaha!

hmm smoking or not?
I dont do it, and i don not like it when someones is smoking next to me.
When someone will do it in my room i kick him out^^
but if they do it somewhere else they must know and i don't care

GlassPetal

GlassPetal

Leashed, Tamed, full of Vengance

I despise smoke, and cigs.

arkive

arkive

drifto touge all day...

depends......on what ur smokin....i hate cigs....the smell makes me gag.....

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by chibikkoI hate the smoke, it smells and i get a headache when somebody stinks like that. well but I never smoked and never want to. I'm just 14 so i have time to decide if i want to die quicker or not

Point taken, thats how I actually looked at it when my friend started smoking.

I though have a friend that smokes pipes......I just think any form of tobacco is equally bad. I mean if its not gonna enhance myself or make me better then screw it. I don't need to ruin my life anymore than what it already is. But its up to that person to make that fatal mistake or not.

Signature Image

I do not like smoking at all. Japan though seem to be like smoker's paradise compared to America. Hardly any non-smoking section in local restaurants and people smoke like there's no problem. Pretty much ruined my hope of eating and enjoying at small local restaurant.

I took non-smoking section in bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo. While in transit I started smelling smoke and wondered, "Who the hell is smoking in the non-smoking section of the trains!?!?!" and then I realized the smoke was coming from adjoining smoking section. Every time conductor or food seller opened the door the smoke waifed in.

Usagui

Usagui

The Lone Bunny

I used to smoke but i quit becouse nicotine didnt have any effect on me , i dont care if somebody smokes around me (theres worst things out there than cig. smoke u know) as long as they dont blow it near me then id just get mad and slap their cig off :D i think my friends are scared of smoking near me :P

Let me Serve You!! :)
Signature

i really dont have any respect for anyone doing drugs, i see it as a weakness.

I figure everybody is going to die someday, so if you want to smoke it's your business. Might as well enjoy the time you do have, and for me, that enjoyment includes smoking a pipe. Different strokes for different folks.

Due to Minitokyo's policies, I will no longer be submitting any wallpapers or scans to this site.

Noctum

Noctum

.:Dark Lord:.

Smoking is a slow and painful way of committing suicide while also affecting other peoples health.
It's one of the worst things one can do.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

i hate it wen i see peepz smoke due to peer pressure

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

me I love smoking it's like the greatest thing in life =D

I'm joking =D~but my friends (who are at an illegal age) smoke, I asked them to quit, they say they're trying really hard...and they don't peer pressure mee so I'm happy, but in the end I dun think they could quit because it's hard...so yeah...=S I still hang around with them cuz their lighters are sho cool >D and I like watching them play with fire..cuz it assumes me...long post sorri!

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

blueotaku-sp

blueotaku-sp

Blue is on me!

I totally agre with noctum!

Isn´t enough that yo do suicide (veryyy slowly) but you also affect hte others man that´s totally uncool, for no smokers that smoke it´s very irritating and unhealthy, there´s very irritating and stinky that cigarretes smoke! Also can cause so much harm!

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I think its the stupidist think you can do to yourself.

Signature

even though i dont smoke, i do not think it is that bad. people want to smoke for a reason. their reason for smoking is probably as good as mines for not smoking.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I dislike people smoking, and I make it apparent to ALL of my friends and people I work with.

"That's so cool, shaving a few more years off of your life? Have fun dying from cancer. Sounds sweet"

Signature

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

me is against it!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.