Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 smoking : who is against? - Minitokyo

smoking : who is against?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

Karolina

Karolina

cool breeze over the mountains

I hate cigaretes and thanks to meand my sister our mom stopped smoking :)

Those were the days my friend We thought they'd never end...

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

why would you pay money to kill yourself? thats my view on smoking.

Signature Image

AniV

AniV

Clockwork Angel

I dont't smoke and i don't like it when people smokes around me.

Injured black wings glimmer beautifully
As they soar in the light of the moon

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Quote by UndyingShadowwhy would you pay money to kill yourself? thats my view on smoking.

Something I have yet to figure out myself.

DP, as always, you make a very interesting point and a very good point at that. Just that most people don't really see the point of it. Espically when the majority of people start smoking due to (it seems) two things.

1. To "look cool" (Peer Pressure).

2. To relieve stress.

I'm fine with whatever someone does, killing themselves isn't any of my business. Though I'm just simply stating how I feel about the issue, as is everyone else. Plus I mean we would't make comments back on the issue if we didn't care/worry about that persons health. I suppose if we really let things be we'd be like "Good luck with that, hope your addiction doesn't kill you" or some equivilent comment.. Etc...

Signature Image

i think smoking concern us all even if we doesn't smoke ! please, don't say your indifferent to others suffering next to you : you're human !!!

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

I don't smoke but I feel that anyone want to smoke he/she's free to do it if it isn't harmful to others. I hate when people somke in a queue (once at Disneyland (yes, the Anaheim one), I've seen and I've checked that it was strictly forbidden), when thare people wakling on a street (come on why do they have to walk and smoke at the same time ?), in a university hall...

Signature

My family doesn't smoke. But some of my friend does smokes. But somewhat i'm totally not attracted into smoking. Maybe because i'm kinda allergic to smoke. Any kind of smoke. ^^;

Icy

i don't smoke ciggerettes, but i don't think any less of others that do, i do love my mary jane though, becuase she is so very very good to me ;)

I don't care really as long as they don't gang up in my face and start smoking....: /
Seriously, I don't really mind people smoking (unless they are too close to me), I just ignore it. Otherwise, you could say I'm against it. I dislike the smell, and the smoke filling up the air is annoying. There's a small area outside my school where a group of people smoke. That area is always filled with smoke, and I have to get past that area because the car is usually parked up ahead. I just hold my breath till I get out of that area, but still......Also, I see no reason to smoke.....can't think of one thing.

I'm totally against smoking. It's very nasty and a habit that's hard to get rid of.

If beauty is only skin deep, get the best skin XD

Nardris

Nardris

Anime Fan

I dont smoke and I agree with TrueUltimaX.

My father stopped smoking last year.
My mother tries to stop too but it isnt very easy for her... ^^

I don't see how people can smoke.. i mean, it ruins your body, messes up your teeth, gives you bad breath, makes your fingers turn yellow, and it can give you cancer.. *shrugs*

<(" <) <( " )> (>" )>

groovybluesgirl

groovybluesgirl

Groovy Girl

I hate it with every fiber of my being!!
Thats just my opinion though and I don't have any problem with people that do smoke.
Its their choice.

{ D.N.Angel Fans } [b]{ Gackt Fans } { My Gallery } { My latest Wallpaper Ice & Dark } [b]
Signature Image
[b]{The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.}
[/b][/b][/b]

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Lol, I think I can safely say that everyone on Minitokyo pretty much hates smoking with all their heart and is strongly against it. Thus I think this topic is done, unless we can get someone else posting who is for it, which I doubt because there would be a HUGE massive ganging up on that person about it, but heya anyways I'm more than positive that every member feels that everyone has their own decision in a matter and its up to them to do it or not. Anyways just figured I'd post my two cents as well (again), peace.

Signature Image

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

ZGMF-X56S-Impulse

smokin is evil
someday youll get for what u do
even if u parent warn u u still do it
ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think smoking is gross, and terribly unhealthy, but ironically, I've been around it a lot since many of my friends smoke. It was really after I turned 19 and started going to bars that I got sensitive to smoke, and just got sick of reeking like smoke whenever I hung out with my friends or went out drinking. Thankfully they banned smoking in public buildings - except for in designated areas - where I live. I think people have the right to do as they choose, but it's not right if their choices impose on others. Then again, one could argue the same point about drinking...but that's another topic.

Nobuyushi

( ^_^')

I hate smoking. Its just plain bad for you, no questions asked. I hate it when you have to put up with smoke in transit, especially in buses. Sometimes, its just so darn hard to breath. I don't have anything on people that smoke, but they should be respectful enough not to smoke in public places that non-smokers would go to or be in.

"This is the purpose of living for those who have no life" -A.D.A. Z.O.E.

I tried it once, about a month ago, it was alright, but I still had a lot of trouble keeping it from my roommate, and it is hard to scrap the money in college. I really do not care if others do it, namely becuase second hand smoke is a joke, especially since I originally came from california. Pipes smell awesome, and cigars are alright for special occasions, but I guess it is really a thing of moderation. Do you smoke one or twenty (one pack) cigs a day, do you take one or twenty asprin a day. Everything can kill you with too much, so I don't think it is bad, just control yourselves.

:\ I dislike people who smoke around me and don't ask how I would feel before they light up and make me inhale with out telling me something ahead of time.

I don't mind if people smoke, But just not around me please....

thanks for posting on my thread ! i hope one day people will stop smoking -_-

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

i hate the smell of smoke.
plus its gives u more of a chance of a heart attack or lung canser
dont forget a shorter life span

Bot-Chii

Divine Executioner

smoking is disgusting, and i totally disagree with it. smokers are people of no manners whose actions take direct effect on both the environment and other people's health.

TaMa

TaMa

Save a tree, burn a book!

I hate it, it smells bad, and probably taste bad i dunno >_>;

ProzacPlus

ProzacPlus

Banned

smoking is not cool anymore,
it was once, in times of humphrey bogart and
james dean, but nowadays smoking is just
the easy drug for kids and the absorber
for relieve seeking stressed workaholics.
its just a smelly unfriendly way to
desease your neighbor , family and friends.
cut it out!

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.